Sup Forumstards that have their own place, how the fuck do you do it?

Sup Forumstards that have their own place, how the fuck do you do it?

Im 22 yo studying at uni and working part time.
My gf is 21 and works fulltime as childcarer/ kindy teacher.

How the balls do i go about moving out?

Is there an online tool or someone i can talk to in order to calculate my living costs?
I have a general idea but i think im missing a load of shit
>rent - i have a general idea after looking at rental properties in my area.

>bills - i have no idea how much monthly bills will cost for 2 adults.

>groceries - i again, have a very general idea but still cant be exact.

>furniture - pretty good idea.

>entertainment/ miscellaneous - again, no fuckin clue.

Ive been trying to calculate if we can actually afford to move out whilst still having a little bit at the end of the money to put away into savings.

Can anyone give me guidance?
Sick of living at home. Im turning 23 this year and feel like a right fucking pleb still living with my mum.

what area? I'm assuming ausfag, which means rent and grocery bills are likely to be pretty fucking high.
There are online tools that do it and also excel spreadsheets you can download. They tend to come with a bunch of entries in there to give you an idea of what you should think about.

I'm assuming you want to rent? in which case one full-time and one part-time job will get you a one or two bedroom apartment without too many issues. You wont have a fucking nice place, but that's always hard.

>source: moved out at 18 on part-time work while going to uni

>Is there an online tool or someone i can talk to?

fucking millennials

Yeah im ausfag, brisbane to be precise.
Most half decent places that i wouldnt mind living in come between 250 - 350 p.w

Is there anything else i need to account for aswell as the shit i mentioned?

Fantastic contribution.

are you renting furnished or unfurnished? that varies the costs with things like furniture and appliances.

Other than that, you might want to take into account:
>home contents insurance
>ongoing costs of shit like cars
>transport costs (public transport near you? do you have to have two cars now? is where you live meaning you spend an extra $50 on petrol a week?)

you'll find that the biggest ongoing costs are rent, groceries, and transport. entertainment costs depend entirely on you. if you're going out two nights a week and getting hammered vs staying in and watching netflix there's a bit of a difference.

oh, and gumtree is fucking great when you move out. sell shit you dont need, buy shit you do. big things like fridges and washing machines especially, you can go for a $150 unit instead of $800 new.

You won't be able to afford dick till around 30. My gf n I make around 235k American combined. But that was after graduating around 28yrs old.

Usfag. Work backwards to see what you can afford now. Also, take your Gf out of the picture just to see what you can actually contribute.

Take the amount you earn in a month and divided by 3. That's about how much you can pay for rent. Calculate how much you need for first month move - first month rent, last month rent, moving expenses, new shit, Internet, security deposit, parking... That's how much you need to just to get your ass out.

After all that nonsense, Do you have enough for food? Gas? Going out? This should help you to start... Good luck

Preferably unfurnished, i dont like the idea of using someone elses shitty ugly furniture. We have an old 3 seater couch in the garage that i can take when i move out, and also a spare fridge/freezer which was too small for 5 people, perfect for 2 however.
I think they are the most expensive pieces of furniture, ill be taking my desk, bookshelf and computer wih me also so most of the furniture is already covered.
Also sorry if this is retarded but whats home contents insurance? Is that incase i get robbed or someshit?
Is that expensive?
And nah i much prefer to smoke bowls and watch tv or play games than going out and getting wasted.

You say you moved out with a part time job aswell, were you able to save ontop of all your monthly costs?
We dont want to put all our money into that shit if we dont have any left over to save, otherwise we will be renting a shitty 2 bedroom unit forever

>Take the amount you earn in a month and divided by 3.

Can you please explain this a bit further?

If you're not able to save after you move, you'll be in this perpetual bullshit of living paycheck to paycheck. Moved out at 24 making 65k usd. 30 now, making 110, but my area has been rising in rent. 1 bedroom for 2200 usd. I got lucky and pay 1300

If your a conservative, move to a rural or suburban area and commute.

Get out of CA or NY or any liberal cesspool.

$1400 avg rent for avg apt in inflated liberal city.
$700 avg rent for above avg apt in conservative state/city.

If you are not a body builder, in nearly all cases you should be consuming under 2k calories per adult. That is about $200 dollars a month per adult in most areas.

On computer all day, NEVER use heater, but use AC often, electric/gas bill will vary between $50-100 dollars per person depending on how you cook and how much hot water you use.

For gasoline or electric vehicle, in all cases is around $50 a month unless non-fuel-efficient vehicle. If in a truck that can jump up to $100 a month. Remember commuting is meant to save $200-$500 a month, so factor that in with gas and car insurance and registration.

If your phone plan is over $50 you are getting robbed. $25 is avg unlimited talk/text no data.

Do not buy a home, until after you got a solid job. Good jobs often require you to move to different cities, however if you plan ahead you can buy a house for $1000 a month in a good area but a whole lot of extra stuff goes with buying a house. Don't buy a house unless you plan on having a big family.

Avoid buying furniture, if money starts disappearing and shit you don't need starts appearing look at the GF.

Internet ranges, but $25-$50 is the average depending on the area.

>tfw I live in Sydney and will most likely never be able to buy property in my own home town
>tfw single
>tfw I work in an industry that is unstable as fuck and I work from a job to job basis

Easy. Mortgage for a house is like 1/3 the cost of renting the same house. I'm relatively attractive and shopped around until I found a middle aged banker lady who looked like she needed a lay and banged her for a loan. Own a house and I'm paying 1/3 what I used to when I was renting

Oh yeah, don't move in next to niggers. It's not racist, it's just wise.

Trailer parks are safe and cheap, but be prepared to see some fucked up shit.

Don't move next to Mexicans, they steal shit.

Suburban neighborhoods tend to have a mixture of good rich people, and illegal rich people you don't want to fuck with.

Inner cities are shit.

Rural areas are quite nice, but unless you plan on working at a farm or factory, there isn't shit out there.

Landlords need to feel comfortable knowing you can reliably pay rent. If rent is half months worth of work for you, you may not have enough to pay for all your other fixed expenses + variable costs of just living. Dividing by 3 is more helpful of understanding/guide of what you can afford, not really the rule.

Agree with this user. Stats don't lie.

home contents insurance is pretty much in case of burglary or disaster. if you're renting and the house burns down, you dont give a shit about the house - just what's in it. It's tempting to think that your stuff isn't worth much (I dont own much expensive stuff), but when you're talking about replacing every bit of furniture and clothing and electronics you own at once it adds up fast. do some maths and see if it works for you, lots of online places will do you automatic quotes for contents up to whatever value you want.

smoking bowls will be worth putting into your budget too, but cheaper than drinking and partying.

When I first moved out I was doing mostly seasonal work and living in a share house, was barely scraping by then - but once I got steady part time I was able to start saving a bit. it still wasn't much but I got by.

Then moved into fulltime work, and saving got easier. now 30, own a little apartment with the gf, mortgage payments aren't too bad and I've got $25k available in case shit goes south sometime.

oh yeah - make sure you have some funds set aside ahead of time for unexpected costs. Early on something like your car fucking up right after you move in can really cause you problems, having a couple of grand in an account set aside is worth it.

>spot on about trailer parks

For op, heres what you need to know.
Inner city rent is 900 plus (using chiago as baseline cause i live here)
The more your rent the better the area. If you work near a city border or dont mind spending 4 hours daily in a car, you can commute and live in a suburb. In oaklawn alsip evergreen etc, a 3 bedroom apartment is sub 700

Electricity is only as much as you use. Be a good boy, turn off lights when you leave a room, and keep the fridge door closed, you wont need but 100 each month max. Most of the time my bill is like 60 bucks. Summer will fuck you, so save in winter

Gas bill is cheap. Same premises as electric. Mine was 15 dollars last month

Internet cable etc 80 bucks gets you top tier net and decent cable.

Celly bill is only 35 if you dont get unlimited data on your phone (dont do it, its a fucking scam)

Entertainment is all you. Take your monthly earning, minus bills, minus savings and retirement, and thus you got your entertainment budget

Car payments optional, see my point avout rent. Better car, bigger payment

So lets say between us, my GF and I earn $3800 per month.
For a half decent place we pay $1500 per month on rent.
That leaves us with $2300 a month is i also spend about $40 a month on public transport, $20 on fuel and say $200 on groceries.
Thats $2090 after rent, transport and food.

Is that a decent amount for bills? Sorry but school sucked ass and didint teach us important shit like this.
I habe no idea how much bills cost? Am i forgetting any thing major?

Mate, im the guy who posted above you, i learned all my info through trial and error in chicago.

Youll do fine

I'm perthfag, me and my missus moved out on a minimal budget, realistically if you can get somewhere for around 50% of fortnightly income in rent you'll be fine
We make about $800 a fortnight because students rent is $400 of that, groceries are around $80 a week, net is $20 a week, bills usually come to 2-300 for a 3 month period, and just buy furniture etc off gumtree

Also get on centrelink for extra free money

Health insurance, unless Trump's admin stops these insane premiums.

It's taxes that will do you in, in the end.

I am on centrelink student payments atm but because i also work its basically peanuts.
I get less then 300 per month from centrelink. I have heard it goes up though if i move out.

Yeah nigga i agree. The education system is fucked the fuck up.
When i graduated i had no idea what a mortgage was, no idea how to pay taxes, how to manage my income, how to pay bills, how to save.
Yet for some reason they thought itd be necessary for me to be able to find the area of a triangle.
Fuck school

If you've got steam add me bi0t0xin I can help, you're definitely going to need it

I went to private school in the usa

They actually taught us how to do taxes, and what to look for in a mortgage

But i also went to a very expensive school (didnt say good, said expensive)

That's plenty for utilities. Just mind some of the costs some places don't cover water, or garbage. Mind any of the debt you're trying to pay off too. Even then it won't be a whole lot more.

And what that chitown and on said, you'll be fine. I emphasize on what others posted that you should make sure you can put money away every month for emergency. Start with 10% of your 3800

pretty low monthly spend on fuel but you know what you need more than I do.

your maths checks out and leaves you some breathing room. I would be moderately confident of that working.

this is ausfag thread, we have medicare

fair point tho, might want to factor in occasional larger expenses. without medical insurance dentists/optical you have to pay full.

Where I am is cheap, bought house for back taxes so just utilities which is around 300 for everything, estimate 3 to 5 $ a meal, plus gas and insurance on car, home and health insurance, college cost, it adds up

You're 22. It's not time for you to buy a house yet.

I went to a public school, i learnt;
>Physics. Couldnt tell you a thing about it.
>Biology. Could tell you a few things but ultimately was totally useles in life.
>Chemistry. Same as biology.
>Maths. Waste of time, never used any of it at all since school
>English. Same as maths. It want even proper grammar or punctuation, it was shit like analyzing Shakespeare and that gay stuff
>Study of society. Taught me about niggers, muslims, and very very little about politics.
>Art. Waste of time.

School was a total fucking joke.
Then people give my generation shit for being retarded...

Bruh that shit sucks, me and my missus are 20, get $800 collectively from them a fortnight, neither working atm and it's easy to get by, just can't get too extravagant, you get rent assistance when you move out but it's like 10% of rental cost a week, if you're 23 you should be in the independent bracket, getting like $520 a fortnight, maybe go in and ask them wtf

Nice McMansion.

Well $2090 seems like a shitload spare, however people my age/ in my position that i speak always seem to struggle so i feel like ive missed something major.
The $20 on fuel, $40 on PT and $200 on groceries is only me, i didnt account for my gf..

I dont want to buy i want to rent.
I feel like a loser living with my parents. Most of my friends have moved out, plus i hate my brother and nevr want to see him again, waiting till i move out so i can cut him off completely

you're renting a reasonably priced place and have over one full-time income coming in, so you're doing ok. You should be able to handle that.

the struggle is the unexpected costs. because if your car fucks up and you need to spend $5k in a hurry, that can blow your budget for half a year. and your friends are going out to a birthday thing, and between you you spend $200 on dinner and a gift, and there's a huge chunk of your monthly leeway gone. And maybe you want to actually go somewhere for a weekend, or go to a concert?

in terms of raw expenses? you'll be fine. a lot of people struggle because enjoying life can get expensive. I survived a few years eating a lot of mi goreng.

In private school i learned
>Theology: real fucking useful in todays world. Wanna know why monks shaved their heads to look like assholes? I know why
>adv math: not an architect, so all it gave me was intimate knowledge of my ulcer
>English: not a stupud fuck who wants to write "the next great novel" and end up teaching highschool english
>Science: religious science. Not entirely censored, but knowing half science is being a whole moron
>Economics: actually useful
>business management (this was optional so its cheating but): incredibly useful
>Art was called "fine points": i took personal wood carving, cause i thought it was funny to say. I know how to carve a buddha though.

There was a class where you "met" and got tips from businessmen who went to your school. Its a jerk off, so you have an excuse to get ahead in life
>IE: hey mr williams, i also went to christ alive HS, can you find me a job in a office, i dont wanna be an unpaid intern
>fam, i gotchu

Thats what 120k a year gets you

So ive got;
>Rent
>Electricty
>Water
>Gas
>Food
>Fuel
>Public transport
>House contents insurance?
>Entertainment/miscellaneous

Is that about all ill need to cover when it comes to continuous, monthly payments?

So calculate all that, then if i have enough afterwards to put $100 or so away i should be alright?

Sounds good friend, just make sure to adjust as you make more, so you dont have disappearing money

yep, looks good to me.

just build up a bit of a 'what if something expensive fucks up' fund beforehand and don't touch it until you need it.

Alright thanks guys, you nighers have really done me a solid.
In return i give you OC of my gfs puss.

The pussy market is truly saturated if you get oc for the information we gave

Youre welcome user pp

>add up expenses
>add up after tax income
>set aside 10% for savings

Ain't that hard niggra.

You gotta have rent or mortgage payment each month. That's a hard cost that cannot be evaded. Food, utilities, insurance etc. can all be modulated if you're brave and don't live in the arctic.

You can live on bread and water for quite a while.

And even rent can be avoided if you're willing to live in a tent.

But better to get a good paying job so you can buy a 911 and live comfortably.

Sttay at home until your folks absolutely kick you out using lawyers.

No amount of freedum or inconvenience is worth bankrupting yourself for.