How come the French are so good at math? are they cheating?

How come the French are so good at math? are they cheating?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classe_préparatoire_aux_grandes_écoles
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/École_Normale_Supérieure
twitter.com/AnonBabble

jews and a crypto German

French education system ridiculously emphasizes maths to the detriment of other scientific domains.

>system ridiculously emphasizes maths

>1p above Portugal

Pisa is kind of a joke tho.
>Reading
>Canada

I would like to see what kind of bullshit they're basing themselves on because we barely got to read any real literature in the curriculum. Let alone classics.

>math
FOY

it doesn't
tradition of elite mathematicians
two speeds education system: shitty pleb-tier / elite

we have one Fields medal

same

Where does this stupid fucking graph even comes from ?

We're bad at math like crazy there has been some data that everyobdy laughed about for weeks on this very board because the french have shitty education

Fuck you asshole.

We have excellent elites, our average level is shit though.

ratio of medal per population

Maybe you have a two tier education system like someone mentioned above?

Not my fault you got sent to pleb school because your parents are plebians.

>We have excellent elites

who ? We have no one stop taking pride about stuff you make up.

And the US has 13 not 14

This guy for example
And even then, as the op shows, we have the second most Fields medal in the world. And you should know that the CPGE insists heavily on math no matter the section you are in.

Wasnt he a binational ? Maybe he was absorbed into our count, usually they count them twice in that case.

>Villani
Truly a french surname.
He looks very french as well, you can tell there's pure gaul blood flowing through his veins.

for sure he looks like a mathematician

If you want to be autistic about "muh blood" have this one.

I think that's because all the smart northern Italians always go aboard.

If they didn't leave Italy would be a technological superpower.

Or this one.

Or if we can get some older ones

BOW! On your knees!

I can see your point... HOWEVER

I'm a math student. And I can tell you that a lot of famous mathematicians are french.

>Yanks
>Aussies

When you want to say 99 and it end up like 4 * 20 + 10 + 9, you learn faster I suppose.

>using the convolution symbol as a multiplication symbol

keyboards were a mistake

yes, because we all need convolution in our daily life

French system can't be evaluaed with that cause France has two types of School :

The Catholic schools aka French schools who are performing well
The Atheist/Public schools aka Shitskin schools who are obviously shit

Not an argument

I guess you use Latex and not your keyboard for math typing?

Well, mathematician also use "." as a multiplication symbol. As long as everyone know what the symbol mean, there is no harm I suppose.

> a fucking cross

Stop stealing our scientists!!!

>The Catholic schools aka French schools who are performing well
>The Atheist/Public schools aka Shitskin schools who are obviously shit

You have literally no clue on what you are talking about.
The differences between private and public schools vary from one academy to the othere and are not significant.

The real differences show up in higher education with CPGE and the "Grandes écoles".

>yes, because we all need convolution in our daily life

obviously we need, as it's the one they put on keyboards rather a proper multiplication one

>being this frustrated

Firstly Catholic High Schools have "Prépa" and program far more complete than public-negroe school, secondly it's not with your shitty high school degree from St Denis that you will reach "Grandes Écoles"

You're clearly butthurt cause your high school was shitty and fucked your future,

they wouldn't leave if your country was decent enough for them to want to stay, m8

He actually is Italian.

Ah oui, TIL

>Chinese are good at math meme
>less than one medal per one million citizens

you know i was in public school which indeed was full of niggers
no one ever worked, teachers stopped trying, eventually we spent most classes watching the tv

so eventually i was sent to catholic school :
EVERYONE WAS JEWISH
what the fuck
"""catholic"""" school
what a fucking joke honestly

well done french friends

Pisa is rigged to make Singapoore seems better.

Prépas are all public schools. Also just because more people fail doesn't mean it's better.

>muh surname

Only from a certain period. Then it's all German.

This, remainder that also lagrange and lully were italian

Each and every prépa that counts is public.

I wish we wuz still part of the napoleonic french empire, but instead lazy terroni keep da northern italian man down, and smug illitterate northern french vikings don't like us

Immigration from French Africa. (I kid, but I did go to school with a Senegalese guy who spoke several languages, had already lived and gone to school in France, and was getting a dual math/eng master's degree.)

>Question.
In reading part, Which language used in test??

Good prépas must be paired with a good highschool if you want to succeed.

>Prépas are all public schools
Nope

>Also just because more people fail doesn't mean it's better

Implying that most of the current High schoool degrees aren't obtained through "options" or handed-over sometimes
The level of public school is so shit that if you want to succeed you cannot be bothered to even hesitate between Public or Private.

Anyway, both of you didn't respond to the second part of my post, thus, i shall i repeat it :

secondly it's not with your shitty high school degree from St Denis that you will reach "Grandes Écoles"

>EVERYONE WAS JEWISH

BS

>"""catholic"""" school
Some are like that, most notably those for the leftist bourgeoisie and for the lower middle-class but most aren't like that

And you at least agree that the Teaching was far better in Catholic School than Non-Catholic School ?

Immense amounts of autism.

half my class but i swear it was

and yes it was much better regardless, when i entered i had no idea what some teachers were talking about

Why are Canadians so smart?

Your average French student actually sucks at math, but the elite students do benefit from a better education than the rest of the world. See:
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classe_préparatoire_aux_grandes_écoles
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/École_Normale_Supérieure
Getting into an ENS or into Harvard is considerably harder than getting into Harvard or whatnot.

Must be something in that frog.

The Senegalese tend to be quite good at math due to the fact their High School program in science is pretty much the same as what France had before its independence.
Not necessarily a good thing though, since average and mediocre students end up being left behind and fail their education.

>before its independence
I meant before the Senegalese independence, obviously