I want to be optimistic but.. even with Lynch directing. what's the Chance the new Twin Peaks would actually be good?

I want to be optimistic but.. even with Lynch directing. what's the Chance the new Twin Peaks would actually be good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vKBRyNNW3u0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

It depends on whether or not Lynch wants to pander to the audience or alienate them.

It's obvious that this new series in only being made in the first place in order to capitalize on the neo-millennial twins peaks viewers, the reddit netflix crowd. If Lynch uses this oppurtunity to blow them the fuck out then it could be great. But if he goes into it with a "give the people what they want" attitude then it will be absolutely terrible and should never have existed.

Lynch has never been one for catering to audience expectations which is good, but he also hasn't made anything significant for 10 years so hopefully he hasn't changed.

actually quite high. lynch hat tons of time to think about it and the cast is magnificent.

especially in this age of capeshit and reboots something like this will feel quite fresh and unique

100%

I'm serious, i am a very negative and pessimistic person but Lynch has never done something bad and he is just getting better with time, he wouldn't comeback after 26 years with complete creative freedom to do something uninteresting. This will probably be his magnum opus

How good is Twin Peaks? The only thing that puts me off from watching it is the fact that it was a network television show.

season1 is really good. s2 mostly meh

everybody should watch s1

It is the greatest tv show ever made, there is literally nothing on it's level. Middle of seasons 2 is kinda bad but it picks up in the last third

>Literally another cash in reboot in a long line of cash in reboots
>Lynch's most populist work (i.e most "capeshit")
But it's okay with Lynch does it.

I still want another Lynch film.

What are the chances of that?

Did ABC give Lynch alot of creative control with Twin peaks though?

whats the deal with this when is it coming out?

>>Literally another cash in reboot in a long line of cash in reboots

do you even know what a reboot is bakakun?

this new twinpeaks is a direct continuation.

Society is no longer capable of producing anything great. if the new twin peaks season is bad, it is not lynch's fault, but society's fault.

S1 and S2, up untill they find the killer, are fantastic, then it drops in quality to the point it's almost a different show.

Easy on the memes friend. I think you've had enough

>capitalize on the neo-millennial twins peaks viewers, the reddit netflix crowd
Jesus Christ, shut up.

I think the new season will disappoint but after a while, people will realize it's actually good and expectations were just unreasonably high. Also, I'm hoping David Lynch gives us something different, more appropriate for the modern era and not try to artificially recreate the vibe of the original show. As much as I love the original vibe of Twin Peaks, there's no way in hell they can recreate it without feeling forced.

I would classify the last 3 eps as damn fine

you're exaggerating, the Windom Earle stuff is still good, it's hilarious still, it just looses focus a bit until the latter episodes

>this new twinpeaks is a direct continuation.
Yes, just like Mad Max 4, Creed and Jurassic World.
Do you think this "direct continuation" would be happening if some jew didn't see the netflix viewing figures and the online fandom that proved that Twin Peaks was still relevant and marketable?

Definetly alienate them. The new Twin Peaks will be so unlike the old show the same way the movie was. People are gonna freak out.

so what was the deal with the aliens

Is the movie good?

>REDDITS GONNA FREAK

it's less mystery, more Laura's life until her murder
it has some good parts, but keep in mind barely any Coop

I'm gonna love the reddit/tumblr "muh coop" "muh coffe" "muh comfy" fans freakout so much

based lynch will do it again

It actually is, you should watch it. But it's like i said, very unlike the show.
The movie didn't do well because of that, and thus the sequel movies were dropped.

It is a lot more disturbing that the show. Also, Mark Frost didn't work on it, so it's a full blown David Lynch film with all his weirdness. I honestly love it, but a lot of people hate it because it shows a lot of stuff we already know. But that's because it was meant to launch a film series and be accessible to people who have never seen Twin Peaks before.

It's hard art kino. Basically if you were pleb enough to LOVE twin peaks then you will hate it. If you could see that there was interesting content in the TV show but could recognize that it was watered down to appeal to plebes then maybe you will appreciate FWWM.

I am actually interested now. The one thing I really love about TV/movie is subverting expectations. Giving the fans what they want is always going to end up shitty. What is the watching order though? TV series then movie?

Show, Movie the The Missing Pieces do not watch a fanedit of the movie.

show

It's series and then movie. Also I don't know what is talking about. I loved Twin Peaks and loved FWWM even more because it did away with all of the camp/soap opera stuff and focused purely on the heartbreaking agony of a girl who knows she has an upcoming expiration date.

why on earth would you put direct continuation in quotation marks

stop being a pleb

Lynch does enjoy pop culture and films as entertainment, he's not a pretentious asshole. I'm pretty damn sure he's seen a few great recent TV shows and knows what he wants and what the fans want, and he wants to make everyone happy.

Because it's a reboot that re-uses some old cast members in order to trick the retarded fanbase into accepting the fact that their show is being rebooted. Much like TFA and those other flicks.

>do not watch a fanedit of the movie.
Not him, but why not at least after you watch both regular versions before hand. The fanedit is actually based on the original script, though only one scene not in the original script was added in (people requested it be put in)

It was cut out for a reason most of it just dilutes Laura;s story. Lynch could easily have made a directors cut if he wanted to, but he chose to keep it separate cause it works better with a tighter narrative on Laura's psyche and keeping the experiences of the town members to the side.

Anyone else read Laura Palmer's Secret Diary that Lynch's daughter wrote? If you're a big fan of the show it's worth checking out. It's a lot like Fire Walk With Me in that it's very dark and gives a lot of insight into how fucked up Laura was.

I loved the Windom Earle stuff.

my nigger, most underrated part of twin peaks

Q1 of 2017 according to the showtime president. We don't know anything more specific than that.

Most entertaining part of the show, imo. Really showed how sadistic Windom was when he was onscreen.

Funny things is ... if Lynch is true to Lynch then the new Twin Peaks will have absolutely nothing to do with the old one, and Sup Forums will fucking hate it for it.

A debacle on the scale of Ghostbuster 2016 is to be foreseen.

me too, I loved the Chess stuff, untill Windom earle broke character and destroyed the board

>A debacle on the scale of Ghostbuster 2016 is to be foreseen.
The TP fandom is much smaller than ghostbusters, not to mention that the Ghostbusters 2016 shitstorm was going on long before the actual release. No way people will get that mad.

The show is worth it just for the finale.

Best episode of TV ever filmed.

I think Windom was well-acted and had great theme music, but his supervillian tendency of unrealistic resources for his wacky schemes got very tiresome very quickly.

But Frost is in on it so it won't be FWWM mk2

I'm scared. It's been way too long since Lynch has made anything

I think his plans fit in well, mainly due to how surreal and weird Twin Peaks itself is.

So... how's Annie?
And captcha just asked me to pick pictures with mountains.

Thread theme:
youtube.com/watch?v=vKBRyNNW3u0

>Lynch has never done something bad and he is just getting better with time
The last good thing he made was Mulholland Drive. That was 15 years ago.
And no, Inland Empire wasn't kino. Not even close.

I'd say it's 60/40 that it's alright, very slim chance that it's absolutely amazing, as nothing ever is. Very high chance it's a shell of what it once was with probably a half to a third of the episodes being mind blowingly great.

Even though there have only been a handful of leaked set pics, it seems good so far. It will probably be completely off the wall crazy by the time it's all over. I'm happy Sheryl Lee will be back, she deserved a better career.

it's weird she's never did anything else

I'm not getting to exited about it tbqh. Too many times now have I gotten exited for something, only for it to be a huge disapointment. My old black heart can't take another letdown, so I just expect the worst