With A Little Help From My Friends is the greatest album opener ever penned

With A Little Help From My Friends is the greatest album opener ever penned.

the fuck are you on about

The best pop song

except it's not an opener

its not even the opener the sgt pepper title track is

its not the opener dum dum

Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band isn't really a fleshed out song, its just an intro to the concept, and it slips right into the first fully realized song, therefore, A little help is the real opener.

..... except it's the second song on the album
not sure if dumb or just bad troll

>its just an intro to the concept
>literally explaining what an opener is

That would be Station To Station or London Calling. Great, great song, but you'd have a stronger argument if you said Sgt Pepper had the best album closer ever penned instead.

what is the concept of this album again?

DUDE

ACID

Beatles are pretty shit to be honest. I've tried over and over to get into them but the production is awful, the guitar is sloppy (in a bad way) and the vocals are grating. It's no wonder everyone considers Pet Sounds to be one of the best albums ever made if it's being compared to something like Revolver or Sgt Pepper. Not that there aren't a few gems, Here, There and Everywhere for example, but not a single album they've released is as cohesive, beautiful or catchy as Pet Sounds. Everything the Beatles do feels very amateurish.

But who cares because Sgt. Peppers is literally the most overrated album of all time

KEKMAO

>I posted it again!

The fact that so many books still name the Beatles as "the greatest or most significant or most influential" rock band ever only tells you how far rock music still is from becoming a serious art. Jazz critics have long recognized that the greatest jazz musicians of all times are Duke Ellington and John Coltrane, who were not the most famous or richest or best sellers of their times, let alone of all times. Classical critics rank the highly controversial Beethoven over classical musicians who were highly popular in courts around Europe. Rock critics are still blinded by commercial success. The Beatles sold more than anyone else (not true, by the way), therefore they must have been the greatest. Jazz critics grow up listening to a lot of jazz music of the past, classical critics grow up listening to a lot of classical music of the past. Rock critics are often totally ignorant of the rock music of the past, they barely know the best sellers. No wonder they will think that the Beatles did anything worthy of being saved.
In a sense, the Beatles are emblematic of the status of rock criticism as a whole: too much attention paid to commercial phenomena (be it grunge or U2) and too little to the merits of real musicians. If somebody composes the most divine music but no major label picks him up and sells him around the world, a lot of rock critics will ignore him. If a major label picks up a musician who is as stereotyped as can be but launches her or him worldwide, your average critic will waste rivers of ink on her or him. This is the sad status of rock criticism: rock critics are basically publicists working for major labels, distributors and record stores. They simply highlight what product the music business wants to make money from.

It doesn't have a lyrical concept, the "concept" is that the songs are weaved together.

Give it up Brian

brian loves the beatles though?

SING ME YOUR EARS AND I'LL LEND YOU A SONG

People are too fucking stupid to realize it, but the concept is just a concert by Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Heart's Club Band.

That's it.

do you have a can opener?

The Beatles are too fucking happy.

Epic for the win.

>What is the "White Album"?

but even from the same band, Tomorrow Never Knows is very strong competition

A man who personally engineered the sound of this album spoke to my class, that was a pretty nice experience.
Also everything dealing with the White Album and all subsequent Beatles work is pretty shitty because a lack of teamwork

Also John was a retarded druggie diva who who only ever pretended to be as talented as Paul actually was

OBLADI
OBLADA

Nah