Can we all agree that Kendrick Lamar is the best modern day rapper?

I mean people like kodak black (I actually like him personally),lil yachty and lil uzi vert are trash compared to Kendrick Lamar.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/avIqTrX2eac
youtu.be/ZEBGCOCxLgA
youtu.be/jSEHS2vSFo4
youtube.com/watch?v=gOMTO7ccjvA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

kendricks been around far longer than any of them so its a great disservice to all parties to compare them
that being said all the guys u named are rly young and only "hot" bc they all sound the same
i cant see any of them standing the test of time

yes bitch that is a widely held opinion

i even kind of think hes better than drake.

mumble trap doesn't have much fuel left, but yes Kendrick is the best rapper working at the moment and a strong contender for GOAT despite what shitposters say

now i know ur trolling
hes lightyears better than that fgt

oh, no i am not i have friends at my school where im a senior that think drake is the greatest all time.

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Danny Brown
3. Young Thug
4. Vince Staples
5. Q-Tip
6. Killer Mike
7. Future
8. YG
9. Kanye West
10. Anderson .Paak
11. Chance The Rapper
12. El-P
13. Stefan Burnett
14. Drake
15. 21 Savage
16. xxxTentacion
17. Nicki Minaj
18. Skepta
19. A$AP Rocky
20. Quavo

underage b&

> 3.Young Thug
What the fuck man.

I am 18 lol

Pretty much anyone who likes hip hop would probably say that.
I dunno, everyone at my school is into it, and I constantly hear trap coming from peoples phones, and people rapping along to it. Also given the whole thing with people saying that "trap is finally good", in reference to Denzel Curry, Young Thug, Travis Scott, Future, etc. I don't see how it could die off soon.
They're probably not into music as a whole, and just listened to his hits.

do we consider kodak mumble rap?

> 7. Future
Is he that good Sup Forums? where should I start?

DS2 is a masterpiece

I mean he's trap, so yea I guess. And he of course sounds like he's gargling syrup all the time.
Just curious, what do you like about it. I keep hearing this, but I've heard some of the tracks off that album, and I couldn't get past the annoying autotune.

how you gonna put anderson paak on there and not Denzel Curry

>I dunno, everyone at my school is into it, and I constantly hear trap coming from peoples phones, and people rapping along to it. Also given the whole thing with people saying that "trap is finally good", in reference to Denzel Curry, Young Thug, Travis Scott, Future, etc. I don't see how it could die off soon.

yeah but only americans dig trap tbqh, and it's such a shitty, shallow genre that it's bound to die and be forgotten, just like gangster rap in the early 00s, ringtone rap in the late 00s, and Ludacris/Akon type pop-rap in the realy 10s.

also id like to add that gangster rap has some really, really great music, it just all came out in the 90s. In fact Dre's 2001 is a strong contender for GOAT hip hop album

After this album, Danny is definitely better. I'd put MF above him too.

>Ludacris early 10's
>Chicken n Beer 2003
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>Young Thug
>3
>Nicki Minaj even being on this list

You really gonna lump Denzel Curry in with that crowd? Sure, he spits over some trap beats, but he's a respectable rapper in the traditional sense.

That said, I love Thug and some of Travis Scott's music.

It's a proven fact that the sillier your name is, the better you are at rapping.

>Aesop
>Del the Funky Homosapien
>Chance the Rapper
>Tyler the Creator
>RZA
>A$AP Rocky
>De La Soul
>Q-Tip

fuck I meant Flo Rida, not luda

Nah man, trap != mumble. He slurs, but he's not mumbling.

I mean, Rocky ain't that silly. What about L?

Your post is probably gonna get a lot of hate especially with DAMN. just coming out and Kendrick being as outspoken as he is about social issues but I agree. He's not the best lyricist or the catchiest rapper out there, but he aims for a lot higher than pretty much any other rapper and definitely any other rapper with as much mainstream appeal. He's not really trying to create hits - even songs like Swimming Pools or Alright or HUMBLE. have their place in the greater work that he's making. I think a lot of people can see that and it connects with them, at least subconsciously, and that's how he manages to have pop appeal and critical appeal.
It's pretty disrespectful to put Tyler and Rocky and even Chance in the same conversation as those other guys. Not that I don't dig all of their music to at least some degree but they're not really that great of rappers.

Denzel isn't there yet, still kinda comes across as an edgy teenager. I'd probably argue him there in the late teens tho

>Rocky
I'm pretty sure he was talking rap on a purely technical ability level. In that respect, Rocky is seriously one of the best. Tyler and Chance, on the other hand, ain't that strong.

I wish all the KTT-tier anons would go outside and do something and leave Sup Forums to the regular anti-socials for a few hours

these kdot threads are becoming insufferable

Best 'Active' Rappers right now:

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Danny Brown
3. Jonwayne
4. Your Old Droog
5. Mc Ride
6. Vince Staples
7. Earl Sweatshirt
8. El-P
9. Killer Mike
10. Joey Bada$$
11. Kanye West
12. Drake (still kinda hacky)
13. Schoolboy Q
14. Sylvan Lacue
15. Chance the Rapper
16. Pusha T
17. Milo
18. A$AP Rocky
19. YG
20. Open Mike Eagle

Honorable mention to Mac Miller (have you heard 'Faces' my nigga?)

> I don't like Kendrick threads
> hmm, where should I browse?
> I know, I'll go to those threads I don't like
> REEEEEEEEEEEE now I'm triggered

>Drake
>Kanye
what the fuck

my man, you said 'rappers'

good list except you spelt Denzel Curry "Young Thug"

>earl tyler rick ross and kanye aren't on the list

>retarded logic he thinks is amusing
>low-tier ktt user

Where does Kdot ranka all time?

you really rate El-P over Killer Mike??

We mustn't forget about Late Registration, College Dropout and Graduation, my dude.

And Take Care, If You're Reading this and Nothing Was the Same were pretty solid.

Also YG's last album was clearly better then every ASAP Rocky album excluding his debut mixtape

I wasn't denying that trap will go away at all, I completely agree that it will become extremely dated once it's over, I was just questioning OP's thoughts of it going away anytime soon, as in the next 5 years per say.
I'm only putting him in there because that;s what others have said, and he's the only artist that I like out of what I mentioned. I love Denzel Curry, and I do agree that Imperial is more than just trap, even though it has that production style.

What's your definition of technical? Rocky has a smooth flow but he's not exactly pushing out bars with crazy metaphors or dense rhymes or anything like that.

Niggas got good lyrics as well as awesome comedic effect. I enjoy the guy more

>but they're not really that great of rappers
In execution they're much more excellent with variety. Tyler and Rocky are damn good lyricists, but they're still trying to refine their style and haven't gotten as experimental. Same thing happened to Del in his earlier days when everything sounded way to similar, or at least, until he collaborated with Alburn.

youtu.be/avIqTrX2eac
youtu.be/ZEBGCOCxLgA
youtu.be/jSEHS2vSFo4

He's not wrong you could just ignore these threads, there's like 150 other threads and you can make one

1.Danny Brown
2.Kendrick
3.Milo
4.Kanye
5.Denzel Curry
6.Joey
7.A$AP ROCKY
8.Gibbs
9.$uicide Boy$
10.xxxTenacion
11.Run The Jewels
12.Pouya

Those Kanye albums are all over 10 years old. Sure, Kanye's still making music, but it ain't the same Kanye.

Drake in general just kinda pisses me off. No clue why. He isn't that technically skilled though.

Can you mind explaining why you purposefully enter threads you don't like? It seems you're looking for a reason to be upset

I meant the mechanical, purely vocal part of it. His lyrics are often lacking, sure, but he has more flows than I can count and can work on any beat, tempo, vibe, etc.

or you guys can stop making and entertaining retarded kendrick threads and consolidate your communication and discourse about this nigga

lmao what kind of shitty bait list is this

Can't lie, Drake's definitely going down the shitter

but then where would babies go to fuss and complain?

it's the same reason i'd rather not see a million kpop threads

you have a point there, i do love to complain and air my grievances

>Young Thug
>Q-Tip
>Killer Mike
>YG
>Anderson. Paakistan
>Stefan
>Drake
>21 & Unda'
>
>Nicki Minaj
>Skepta
>A$AP
>Guava

Anything not listed is barely top 10, maybe mid teens

>3. Young Thug
nigga just delete your Sup Forums account

wat u implyin

Thugger is the best rapper of the decade. Only mildly joking.

Tyler and Rocky are not good lyricists. They're passable, meaning they're not bad, but when people remember them ten years from now I can promise you it's not gonna be for the quality of their lyrics.
Idk, I see what you're saying but I can picture Rocky sounding decent over anything that isn't made for fun or partying or something. The couple of times he has tried to be a bit more serious it just comes off as lame to me because he has no emotional expression in his voice. That being said I haven't given his newest stuff too many spins and think he hasn't really had good production to work with since his mixtape and maybe a couple of tracks on the debut.

unless this nigga pulls some wicked shit, he'll never be that high let alone touch a top list lower than 50

well then thank these kendrick stans for tripling your venues in which to do so

for heavens sake

>Jonwayne
>Droog
>Open Mike
my fucking nig

this circular reasoning is making my head hurt

Young thug is a genius voice of his generation

>the best nasal rapper

Take the Cuckdrick threads to a general please, or to KTT, where your kind belong

wheres hopsin? Eminem? immortal technique?

you sheep need to wake up baka my head

Kendrick is the best rapper ever.

yes, he's got the crown right now, and he's raised the bar higher for other rappers with 3 consecutive great albums

Would u go out with Kendrick if he was Kendra?

>puts EL-P, but not Aesop Rock
>puts EL-P below killer mike
>no MC Ride
Shit list

yachty has enough ambition to evolve but i cant say the same about the rest

is this ALL TIME or just right now

>xxx
>21
>skepta

>no earl
>no kanye, but q-tip??

kanye is on there you fucking dumbass? seriously? you were in such a hurry to post a quip you couldnt even get your facts sorted out? i dont know how you can live with your self dissing yourself like that man. thats a huge L. youre supposed to be good at reading comprehension by 6th grade but apparently youre still working on it. jesus christ its right fucking there. number 9. obviously

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Vince Staples
3. Everyone else

Need I say more?

not even that guy but yikes

wheres gibbs you mong

Not only is Kendrick one of the best rap artists of all time (probably the best, his track record is basically unprecedented at this point), he is also amongst the most technically skilled rappers of all time.

He's probably not the first person people think of when it comes to technical rappity rap, and I think that's because that's not his main priority when making an album, because he doesn't always need it when making a song, or sometimes it dilutes the message. But when he wants to, usually on guest verses, he completely wrecks shop. People like Aesop Rock, Big Pun, Eminem, etc. are usually first mentioned as technical rappers, because they need to focus heavily on their technique to make up for their creative/artistic shortcomings.

best rapper alive

This is a weirdly inconsistent list

cant argue with this

>Chance the Rapper

>YG being that low after releasing Still Brazy

Hello twitter nigger

I'm not even gonna say what's wrong with this list. Take your (you)

>Young thug over Vince Staples
>Future over Kanye West
>Chance being that low
>Drake being that low
>Rocky and Quavo at the bottom
>XXXTentacion being on this list
>21 Savage being above anyone

Does it hurt to be retarded?

Kendra looks familiar, like some Olympic gymnast

>Doesn't Know MC Ride's real name

not b8ing here

young thug could be more important to hip hop than kendrick ever will be

Even if his last album was bad, Lupe was rapping his ass off on his last album. Keeping that and Tetsuo in mind, he's gotta be at least top ten
youtube.com/watch?v=gOMTO7ccjvA
Also Your Old Droog, Antwon, and Daveed Diggs all deserve a spot if you're really willing to put 21 Savage at 15

Lil Uzi Vert >

You're fucking retarded

kys reddit

>13. Stefan Burnett
>no MC Ride
>Stefan Burnett=MC Ride
But hey, maybe your right and I am retarded

>Young Thug
>3
>Future on this list
>YG on this list
>Kanye that low
>Chance that low
>Drake that low
>Nicki on this list
>XXX on this list
>Quavo on this list

To YG's credit Still Brazy was a great album

Alright now that we got that shit out of the way here's the real list:

1. Kendrick Lamar
2. Danny Brown
3. Killer Mike
4. Q Tip
5. El-P
6. Earl Sweatshirt
7. Vince Staples
8. Chance the Rapper
9. YG
10. Kanye West
11. Anderson Paak
12. Stefan Burnett
13. Young Thug
14. Skepta
15. A$AP Rokcy
16. Drake
17. xxxTentacion
18. Quavo
19. Future
20. 21 Savage

Your 10 and above is pretty good. I'd put Ride at 9 instead of YG. My only complaints is that the bottom 10 is full of garbage that could be replaced with other people.