ITT: Mind blowing facts

ITT: Mind blowing facts.

A car (or any object) weighs more the faster it moves through space.

This is why you'd need infinite energy to move anything at the speed of light. Which is impossible to begin with, because the car has mass, and nothing with mass can move at the speed of light.

I did not know this op, Thankyou.

Not sure if bait, but photons have mass

I got one.

OP was not a fag for once.

I didn't even know they are catholic.

photons do not have mass.

gr8 b8 m8

I'm sure there's going to be a point in time and space where that's going to a possibility and the issue of infinite energy to travel at light speed will be circumvented

That's not true. Do the math.
Basic bitch

>ITT: Mind blowing facts.
>
>A car (or any object) weighs more the faster it moves through space.
>
>This is why you'd need infinite energy to move anything at the speed of light. Which is impossible to begin with, because the car has mass, and nothing with mass can move at the speed of light.
Ummmm...Those rules don't apply in a vacuum.

>pic related
Kek

Explain

Mind Blowin Fact 2.

Mr Potato Head was the first toy advertised on TV.

Someone just watched a documentary on the discovery channel.

you are wrong

Kelly Anneconway wasnt lying about the Bowling Green Massacre. She was just remembering the alternate timeline from which her consciousness (program) came in which the tragedy did take place. This is why she repeated it it several times before she finally realized it was "wrong."

It wasnt wrong for her. But it is wrong for this timeline.

>learn in school 2+2= 4.

thats some awesome shit user.

>math professor explains why 2+2= 4 in documentary.

oh oh... someone just watched a documentary on the discovery channel.

i seriously hate humanity sometimes.

No, he's right. Nothing with mass can go the speed of light. Say you actually did have enough energy to approach the speed of light, you would never be able to reach it. You could go 99.99999% of the speed of light, but all the energy expended trying to exceed that would increase your mass exponentially, This would cause time to move slower for you, but normal for everyone else because space and time are one. You can theoretically travel into the future by doing this, which makes you wonder the future of space travel will look like. Each trip would mean you basically say goodbye to everyone you know, because they will be dead when you arrive.

Documentaries just talk about the "cool" facts about the universe that are pretty useless. It's not like they are gonna call you an astrophysicist because you binge watch educational documentaries.

>It's not like they are gonna call you an astrophysicist because you binge watch educational documentaries.

nice tangent faggot.

lets get back on point.

whats more important to you: facts, or how you acquire those facts?

It's actually quite a simple equation that Einstein delevoped to describe this behavior

Here's the math dumb dumb

what is a black hole

No a photon

Facts, obviously. My point is you will learn more useful information in a classroom than you ever could watching tv. It would be pretty boring if they busted out equations explaining their reasoning and asked you to follow along wouldn't it?

yeah and they gravitate towards a black hole thats why you can see where it is

I believe light gets trapped into blackhole because of the sever wrapping of spacetime not so much the gravity directly pulling photons. I could be wrong, I'm just a chemist not a physicist

shit brother, good thing you werent around when Michael Faraday was fucking around with electromagnestim or you would have totally put him in his fucking place.

>Mr. Faraday, you dont know shit about equations and therefore cannot undertand electromagnetism.

Please, please, please... never be a teacher or some sort of "role model" for young people curious to learn.

That's correct, black holes warp space in such a way where light in curved into the black hole and we can't see it as a result.

Quantum mechanics has an upper mass limit, anything bigger than a Bucky ball behaves as classical physics describes. I always that that was pretty cool

Photons officially have mass now. Scientist managed to stack some so close together that they created electrons out of them.

Photons don't have rest mass, simply because they dont rest, and rest mass is what you usually refer to when talking about mass. But from simple equations you could derive a photons "mass" depending on it's energy/frequency:
(m*v^2)/2=h*f
Where the left side is kinetic energy and the right the frequency dependent photon energy.

Homo sapiens emerged about 200000 years ago and we only start farming about 10-12000 years ago. It's truly amazing how far as humans have progress in such a short time (geological time)

Australians could easily annex new Zealand.

we live in a simulation.

Mind blowing facts.

Here's one:
OP is confusing mass and weight

the germans were able to cremate jews into dust within 15 minutes, 24/7 around the clock, when modern day cremations take hours then the oven has to be cleaned

light is affected by gravity, therefore it has to have mass.

>knowing very little about sanitation

Photons have momentum, not mass

>Photons have momentum, not mass
OK. Define momentum then.

kek. i see what you did there.

Start with the relativistic energy equation:
E^2 = (pc)^2 + (mc^2)^2

For non relativistic particles with mass,
E^2 = (mc^2)^2
E = mc^2

For photons (speed of light, massless),
E^2 = (pc)^2
E = pc

Where p is momentum and c is velocity of photon

heartly kekd

The additional "weight" created by the movement of the vehicle is down pressure created (intentionally) by the air passing over and through the vehicle. There is no air in a vacuum, thus now down force.

I get it can be annoying if people think they know all about stuff without putting in the work to actually understand it, but think of it like appreciating what a sports car does without knowing how to make it, or appreciating some cool biology fact without knowing about all the chemical shit that makes it happen.

fucking retards that liked The Matrix so much that they believe they're in it.
Just because so many people misquoted Darth Vader as saying "Luke, I'm your father" instead of what he actually said "No, I am your father" doesn't mean the 'simulation' got changed.
It's just people making mistakes. Stop being so retarded.

mind = blown

fuck off back to /sci/

Science is all a lie. The real truth is hidden from us. Btw, the earth is as flat as a board.

No it's not you fucking retard. Nobody is talking about driving a car super fast. We are talking about the way matter behaves when traveling extremely fast speeds. These theories don't become noticeable until you start traveling 50% the speed of light, which is about 150 million m/s.

At 50% of the speed of light, the mass difference would be 15% to the rest mass. To have a 50% increase, you'll need to travel 87% the speed of light

Wrong. Bob Lazar explains this very well. Distort space and time through high electrical output.

Mandela effect is just large scale inability to care about things enough to correctly remember. The Bernstein/Bernstain bears thing is retarted imo. I forget my mom's birthday sometimes. How can I be remembered to spell a cartoon name correctly?

Mods

wrong, if everything got heavier when it goes fast then we'd all get crushed by beams of light from the sun. prove me wrong cunts
me - 1
op - fag

They are not; they are Pentecostals.

cool

/thread

But why do we need cars to go light spped
ur so dumb

Absolutely flawless logic 10/10

Things can get heavier without necessarily becoming crushingly heavy. If an ant became a million times heavier it couldn't crush you because it would weigh about the same as a cat.

The sun raining down photons that weigh the same as cats would be pretty devastating bro.

massless cats?

sounds awesome, but not crushing.

Not true. Gravity is a warping of the geometry of space time. It traps light because all paths leading away from the singularity essentially curve back towards it. Anything inside of the area where the event horizon formes, from theoment it formed does not have a future light cone outside of that event horizon.
All paths from that moment of time forward lead back to it.

Traveling at the speed of light = infinite mass

Could it actually rain cats and dogs then?

No. The sun can't make dogs you idiot.

Wut?

But it can make cats???
That's just racist....

Imagine a giant mirror surrounding the black hole. Light is curved into the center and can't escape.

Assuming you could travel at 99.999% the speed of light, it would still take you four years to reach the nearest star.

But this is time as observed from someone on Earth. For the people aboard the spacecraft, the journey would only take a few days.

You would arrive back home, everyone you know would be eight years older, but you would have aged all of a week.

>a chemist

No, you're a filthy meth cook.

Yeah like the mass increasing thing it just sounds like some bullshit patch to fix loopholes.

Did you know that you weigh less when traveling east?

Your body, when walking, is on a straight trajectory off the planet with every step, but gravity keeps pulling you down.

It's only a fraction of a gram but still interesting.

Imagine a long road. To you it looks perfectly straight. You drive for 3 days along s road you percieve as perfectly straight.
In reality this road was curved and youre now back at your starting point.

This is an oversimplification but its the basic idea.

You sound like one of those physicists who finished like a bachelor, master or PhD and never achieved anything more or real. Thus, you post on Sup Forums half-true facts to sound like an expert lulz

Tachyons move faster than light

Did you know that black holes don't actually exist because a singularity cannot form in finite time from the perspective of an observer outside of the event horizon?

They are still theoretical.

And probably always be.

This is pretty basic stuff, even I know about mass warping spacetime and I haven't taken anything since AP physics in high school. You're probably just retarded and think anything that's remotely scientific is for PhD super nerds to justify your inability to grasp relatively simple concepts

i like the explanation

why are you jelly of a person who fits your description?

It's a hole... that's black. What's so hard to understand?

Travel to the past is possible through closed timelike curves

It's an example dumb dumb

You would only need an infinite amount of energy if you were aiming for an infinite amount of speed right? And an almost unthinkable amount of energy for lightspeed but not infinite since lightspeed isn't infinitely fast. I could be wrong but my mind doesn't make sense of needing infinite energy for lightspeed. Just a fucking lot of energy. Correct me if im talking bs

This is by no means basic stuff. If you simplify it until its only nigger with retardation, than it is basic stuff. Importantly, shit doesn't it together and we are working on solving this. Talk like the nigger on tv and everything is basic stuff.

i'm only jelly on their happiness, dumb people are like 5 times happier

Ok then..neutrinos can also travel faster than light and are not "theoretical" so the whole system and Einstein are wrong.

switzerland has no official capital

Yeah well we don't exactly have enough time to teach you tensor calculus do we? Sorry next time we'll just let you continue to be retarded instead of trying to present a simplistic model so you can at least get a grasp

>neutrinos can also travel faster than light
Uh...no?

You can either choose to be a nigger and talk about cars going in circles or you start with relativistic field theory. there is no way to understand the world without being a nigger, sorry my ape buddy

Thank you for the explaination...

I think you're arguing with a troll,
It was me that said wut? And also thanked you.

Today a nigger learned something.

There is actually no evidence to suggest that neutrinos actually travel through space, as opposed to precipitating along every theoretical vector from the source in the form of an observable interactive waveform.
Weird but true.

It's not a hole, it's a physical point of mass (a singularity)