This is literally Kendrick's 'Yeezus' album. Wtf is he doing Sup Forums?

This is literally Kendrick's 'Yeezus' album. Wtf is he doing Sup Forums?

>This is literally Kendrick's 'Yeezus' album.
it's literally not

It's a lot worse than Yeezus. It's not even an interesting experiment. There's a lot of chaotic sounds on here but the end result is shockingly bland. It's more like Life of Pablo. At least on Yeezus the songs feel like songs and not just stuff best left on the editing floor.

It's not experimental. It's just mediocre.

Yeezus didn't get critical acclaim and massive approval from fans. Everyone loves damn, yeezus had a negative to mixed reception, your comparisons are objectively invalid.

Damn is a lot better than Yeezus. Go clean your ears.

It's his Life of Pablo

Absolutely preposterous statement.

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you little bitch? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Al-Quaeda, and I have over 300 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the top sniper in the entire US armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another target. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over the Internet? Think again, fucker. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the United States Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking dead, kiddo.

Kek

I just reread this shit post for the first time in 5 years and it made me lol.

Such a piece of shit album. I could make better beats in 10 minutes in fl studio than the nerd who produced this. I am the greatest unknown talent there is. 2018 XXL Freshman you will see me.

>people ITT acting like Yeezus wasn't Kanyes best album
also TLOP is his second best

yeah except critics and fans don't know what they're talking about

this nigga. If you like Yeezus thats fine but TLOP the second best, gtfo.

This album is clearly Kendrick's Graduation.

>shit opinions

wew lad pls lease

Also valid

Is this bait? This has to be bait. This album literally sounds like everything else kendrick has ever put out with less detail and care put into than anything else. This wasn't experimental, it was just bad.

I'd hardly even call it an experiment, it's just radio rap tier stuff

this
yeezus was shit. The "beats" were good, but everything else was shit and Kanye didn't even produce the fucking album

this

This is actually correct. Kendrick doesn't have the artistic chops to make albums like that.

I'd argue that GKMC was his Graduation, and DAMN. is his MBDTF (even if purely thematically), but then everybody will shit on me cause how dare I say GKMC didn't age well.

Am I missing something about this album or am I just getting memed by mainstream music outlets?

A brain

It's Blonde of 2017, a good grower album that doesn't catch you on your first listen, but as you get to know each song you start appreciating it more and more.

see

eat a dick, pleb
>a good grower album
still skeptical, but i'll let it sit for another week just to be sure

I agree with this. It's just starting to grow on me.

This

>Implying Kendrick could even come close to anything Kanye has done

sit down

Sounds like you've had a hard day, hang them knee pads up and sip on that mouthwash. You deserve it.

lol, Kendrick surpassed Kanye skill wise years ago. GKMC is better than any of Kanye's albums

>Kendrick surpassed Kanye skill wise years ago

eyyyyyyyy

That's an insult to Yeezus

Calling it now - this will be Kendrick's normiecore album that will appeal to all the under 16 hip hop faggots - Sup Forums will call it his worst album once this becomes clear

this album is terrible

i haven't listened to it yet, but based on humble, I don't think I'm going to like it

>being this much of a pleb
?????????

It sounds absolutely nothing like HUMBLE.

The percussion sounds clipped all over the album. How can the production be so shit? Don't they have a good set of monitors to notice they clip the lows?

why does it sound like he pinches his nose closed when he raps. shit is annoying af

>people actually think yeebus is experimental
can you be any more pleb

I found it to be instantly captivating and it still is for me

>Yeezus is my favourite Kanye album
>mixed reviews from critics and disliked by normies
>DAMN is my favourite Kendrick album
>great reviews from critics and mixed reviews by normies (you guys)
There are some similarities

DAMN that is

All of Kendrick's albums can be listened to now and still be relevant.

The last 4 Kanye albums were only relevant for a week after release. Dropout is the only album that still perfect encapsulates him as a person. The albums pushes the concept of Kanye the guy people slept on. Problem is nobody was sleeping on him. He was already well known. He was already on the cover of magazines and the talk on the internet. Where is Kanye now? Convinced that nobody will give him a chance when he has the means and ability to create his own. Acting like everyone is out to get him when he can drop 4 straight shitty albums and suburban white kids eat it up anyway. He believes he's not a multinational superstar. Just like he believed he wasn't know the world over before his first album. Look at Just Blaze, Swizz Beats. Where are they now? One is famous for fucking Alicia Keys and the other... I literally have no clue. Same for every other beat maker at that time outside of Pharrel.. but where is the rest of N.E.R.D?

GKMC aged horribly, and not just swimming pools but the whole album

It's just his thing on certain songs. Mostly the ones that are hits. I have a theory about it but I'm high on pain meds often so what the fuck do I know.

Its his "Hitler in the bunker"

Kanye was not taken seriously as a rapper at the time of recording College Dropout, he was only seen as a producer. No one was trying to sign him as a rapper. It was perceived as a risk to give him a chance. He was the underdog and had something to prove. What he was rapping about was against the grain of what was popular in 2004 (early 2000's) mainstream hip hop, he had that going against him as well.

Kanye now feels like he has less creative freedom because he has the eyes of the world watching him, and placing labels on him. He is a categorized as being one thing, when he wants to be many. He is facing the same problems as not being taken seriously in the fashion world, and being seen as just a rapper trying to dabble and be a part of their world. When he takes it seriously and loves fashion and has done so from an early age, and is something he is passionate about.

Also he talks about paranoia on I Feel Like That, its hardly surprising and mentions being off medication on FML. Him feeling like it is an uphill battle is intensified.

Also no shit Kendrick's album can be listened to and still be relevant. GKMC came out 5 years ago and TPAB came out only 2 years ago. If those albums came out over a decade ago, then maybe you might have a point.

The story on GKMC has been done and said so many times it is a cliche and tiresome. Which would be okay if it was approached at a unique angle and the songs themselves were strong. Except that is not the case, its not that it aged badly. It already felt old and generic when it was released.

You faggots try way to hard to go against the grain.
DAMN is a easy peasy 9/10 everyday

Not even being a contrarian cunt, but this is his weakest album. The samples are lackluster at best, where as GKMC and TPAB had varied sampling and fantastic production. DNA., HUMBLE., LOYALTY., and GOD. are all similar sounding songs and are all incredibly weak tracks.

MBDTF and Yeezus will always be relevant, they're two of the most acclaimed albums of the 2010s
808s will probably be remembered for its influence and spawning Drake and anyone similar to him

If those 3 are remembered and CD is also remembered he will have a big enough presence as being an important musician from our time that he'll be known by name in most households like the Beatles or David Bowie, for better or for worse

Be humble

Sure it's his weakest album, but it isn't bad. To call this album bad would be calling most of rap bad since it's still better than anything else coming out.

I was never expecting him to come out with another classic. To me gkmc was 10/10 already, so I figured he'd peaked, then but then TPAB came out and it was a nice surprise. Now we have this and it's good. It's not like I'm gonna buy it on vinyl and frame it, but it's good.

Do you really believe anyone can just make once-in-a-career albums every single time? And beside any of that, complaining that DAMN. isn't good just because it sounds different than gkmc or TPAB is just invalid to me. He is going in a different artistic direction, so of course it's not the same sound. Mike Will even said it was different before it came out. Why are there so many dumb-ass music "fans" that think an artist's sound should be stagnant? It's the same people like that think Yeezus is bad because it's not College Dropout. Just be glad they made one or two albums you like, why do you expect them to cater to your taste every time?

That's a huge bold wrong opinion

I'm not him but do you think Kanye us a better rapper than Kendrick? Kanye West is like a mediocre rapper at best. He make up for it with production and creativity, but as far as rapping skills, he is lacking. Kanye struggles to freestyle even on basic beats...

God works in contrast to humble/fear and love works in contrast to lust.
Humble also works with pride too.
Duckworth is one of his best songs in his discography and is growing to be my personal favorite.
This album is above a 7/10 for me and I'm starting to lose faith in reviewers,not because they disagree with me but because nothing they do or say anymore gives me a better perspective on the artists goals or thought process that I could not gain on here or talking to other fans.

Lmao he wishes he could make a masterpiece that yeezus is

Lmfao

This but unironically, Yeezus is so much better than Damn.

>Do you really believe anyone can just make once-in-a-career albums every single time?

Yeezus is fantastic AND so is DAMN.

>There's a lot of chaotic sounds on here
There aren't.

DAMN has the worst song Kendrick has ever released senpai
Love is fucking trash and God is a close second to being the worst fucking song he's ever put his name on.

The only correct opinion un this board

www.youtube.com/watch?v=NLZRYQMLDW4

Why would you take what people think about something into account?