I know modern horror is shit and that the Found Footage shit is some of the worst

I know modern horror is shit and that the Found Footage shit is some of the worst.

But why the fuck was this so popular?

It's not scary, it's just boring as hell.
Nothing in it makes sense, even for horror.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IYVPqRtXVNE
vimeo.com/69882318
youtube.com/watch?v=O2Yr-NM4EgU
twitter.com/AnonBabble

There weren't many anthology horror flicks at the time. Felt like something different then the usual stuff. Despite it being god awful.

>But why the fuck was this so popular?
internet shills

Huh, well I could see why it had some import, but everything about it is just bad.

I've never even heard of it, is it at all similar to The Poughkeepsie Tapes? I thought that was pretty spoopy

This was pretty good if it's the one I'm thinking of.

Is it the one that's framed as a serial killer hunting down people while police chase him, only for him to obtain a cop's semen sample from the doctors and use it to frame him in a rape-murder case, then sends a gloating message saying "I just made you kill the wrong man" or something

Never heard of that.

It's very good, but was botched when it came to release. Something about losing its home media release and wasn't released until 2013

because it's cheap to make you fucking idiot

>was
Its still pretty popular.

Yes

Well now I'm rewatching

Ok the final segment gets really cool once shit starts, but wtf is with the rest of this shit.

I don't kow, these found footages are usually crappy but this one was pretty comfy tbqh. Since it's a anthology movie it changes to something else soon enough so you don't become boring. Some of the shorts were really shitty and dumb, specially the one with the husband and wife. The alien, cult and semen demon where my favorites.

Fuck my poor grammar, mobile posting is hell

The only Kino found footage is Marble Hornets. Parts of VHS are excellent. I'd rather have 5 quick creepy pasta stories than a 90 minute abortion of a slasher or haunted house story.

Just watch the Safe Haven segment from 2 and the Parallel Monsters segment from Viral.

The alien one was alright, and once the shit in the house for the cult goes down we finally reach some Silent Hill level horror shit. Then it ends.

>The only Kino found footage is Marble Hornets
Marblehornets is fucking awful.
Like total, total shit.

>tfw you liked the first two VHS movies, and then you watched the third
Holy shit, that movie was fucking abysmal. It was so fucking bad.

>don't need expensive camera equipment or mics
>can make shitty cgi because of bad camera quality
>don't have to spend money on makeup because of said quality
yeah i wonder why, making it found footage made it a lot easier on their budget

was it really that bad? haven't watched it yet

The second one was better

What? I liked the first one

It only has one decent short. The rest are godawful.

blair witch 2>blair witch 1

Only watched the first one and it was pretty good. Probably my favorite horror found footage flick. I used to like Blair Witch and the first Paranormal Activity, but nowadays it's unwatchable. I still like Trollhunter and Chronicle more though.

t. Kiddo that found out about Slender Man through faggot streamers playing that "game"

I GOT A BIG FUCKING STICK

trollhunter is good because it holds up even if it they chose to not make it a found footage

youtube.com/watch?v=IYVPqRtXVNE

>Kino
Nope not when their release schedule shit the bed and 90% of us were forced to lose interest

OP Here, just started the second.
I must hate myself.

The second one is a lot better

It's comfy, better than the first one

The beginning is at least better. This duo is better than team douchelord.

That said, being better than shit isn't that hard.

>My dad's name is ruined because of 9/11

My SIDES.

Daddy.

The second one should have ended with the Power Rangers showing up and beating up the putties trying to take the kids. Would have been the best movie ever.

Gonna watch it

i tried watching this the other night and couldnt finish it.

I'm somehow watching the second, its better, but still bad.

>It's not scary,
Do you want a cookie faggot?

it really wasnt, the first one was the best one with the vampire story. The others sucked and are generally thought of as shit.
>the serial killer ghost that glitches out of reality
>a zombie apocalypse where the zombie kills himself
>jump scare at the end of every movie where the people watching the tapes die
they ran out of ideas after the success of the first one

no, VHS is a bunch of half assed found footage movies that were too lame/unoriginal to finish so they threw them together into one movie

PT is just a faux serial killer doc

>Blair Witch
Just watched the Blair Witch Project the other day and I thought it was pretty shit.
The moment is starts to get interesting (when they get to the house and things are starting to get fucked up with all the strange symbols on the wall and hand prints) it ends.
Having read up on the film I can appreciate the effort they went through for the production of the film and the things they did, but the end result feels wholly uninteresting

If I wanted to see people in their 20s arguing about how stupid they are I would have just stayed here instead.

>Troll Hunter
just watched that recently. Absolutely loved it, Hans was based as fuck

The sequel was better.

Just finished it, the ending ruined it in all honesty.
Most of it was shit like the first, a lot of times directors ruining their shorts by their finales, but the ending was literally retarded.

semen demon? which one was that?

The very first one

I understand the Blair Witch cost about $300 000 to make. After watching it all I could think about is how the producers embezzled $280 000 because the money certainly did not end up on the screen.

Blair Witch's budget was only 60k m8 not 300k

wiki says the budget was $60,000

It's pretty good, OP. And the semen demon from "Amateur Night" is getting her own movie.

Watch "Holidays", thank me later,

You can stop watching after Father's Day. The rest is absolute shit.

But the FD segment is pure horror kino.

I like the horror anthology style. Viral was fucking terrible though.

That and I thought the Easter one was okay, Christmas was slightly interesting, but not scary at all. The rest were fucking atrocious.

Easter is pretty good. Father's Day is still pure kino, no memeing.
Those 10 minutes are better than all of VHS together.

Writer/directors like anthologies because its lets them make a quick buck without actually having to flesh out something into a feature length.
Audience likes anthologies because hurr a large variety of shit means its good quality. Anthologies plays to the strong point that audience members generally don't have an attention span/memory retention that can handle more than 20 minutes of congruent content.

Speaking of kino, the director of Father's Day was the cinematographer to this genuine capekino vimeo.com/69882318

Why did she put the guys toothbrush in the toilet for

The one I don't really understand is the rule 63 Michael Cera skit where she has aliens in her apartment

youtube.com/watch?v=O2Yr-NM4EgU

So the guy who she was on Skype with was in on the alien invasion? I thought those were suppose to be ghosts, unless the aliens were pretending to be ghosts. Somebody explain?

All I understood is that he was in league with the aliens and helping them reproduce by using human women as surrogate mothers without they knowing, but why and how he do all this I have no idea. I don't think he wanted though, the aliens were probably forcing him because he seemed concerned with the girl's life.

They were making hybrids, but yea as to why?
No fucking idea, it was one of the stories that would've been better with some backstory.

Was the one with the weedskatelmao dicks BTFOing undead cultist in the 2d or third one? Shit was cash yo

Pretty sure it was in the first movie. That shit was fun.

Shit,just checked it up on Wikipedia,turns out it's from the third one.Still comfy as fuck tho,but to be fair the magician one was pretty alright,altough way to predictible in the end

What the fuck is wrong with you two? That is universally considered the worst short in the series, and maybe in anthology movie history. And for good reason.

She hates cis

It had a whole different segment to it. It was called beautiful vortex I believe, was supposedly the segment but i've never been able to fucking find it. Was removed I think

Any other good anthology horror films?

Was it popular, or did it do good because the concept looked cool and people (like myself) watched it and hated it?

The Signal.
It's what Stephen King would have created if he wasn't a complete hack.