There are people on this board right now praising Kendrick yet not supporting him by purchasing the album

>there are people on this board right now praising Kendrick yet not supporting him by purchasing the album
Please explain yourselves

Other urls found in this thread:

businessinsider.com/heres-how-much-musicians-make-online-from-spotify-itunes-and-youtube-2015-4
quora.com/Do-artists-bands-get-the-money-I-spend-on-iTunes
bgr.com/2015/06/25/apple-music-royalty-payments-2/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably because his music is boring to listen to

>Buying music in 2017

Ima bum and I suck please destroy my asshole

Then you're not the person I'm talking to.
>not supporting the artists

Nothing wrong with buying music, though I personally never saw the appeal of paying $9 for just mp3s that technically are still owned by apple.

I'm gonna buy phys and probably never open it.

Why would I spend money on Kendrick fucking Lamar? If I want to contribute to the music industry I'll buy albums from smaller artists.

just stream it

The point is to support the artist, I just find it most convenient purchasing through iTunes.

he's not talking to you. just people who are praising the album. personally, I like having a tangible version of something I love.

streaming is legal nigga, ill probably reach 1500 plays this week alone, can't stop playing this shit

wake up in the morning thinkin bout money, kick your feet up

fucking obsessed with LUST. my man

I'm waiting for the physical copy to come out in stores in my country, what can I say

Apple gets the vast majority of the funds you use to purchase anything on their shop. If you really wanted them to see any of that money, you'd buy a ticket to one of their shows or you'd buy some of their merch on their website. Buying anything off the Apple store only results in the author of the work getting mere peanuts compared to what they'd get if you directly supported them through one of their official vessels of output.

Waiting for the vinyl to buy it

businessinsider.com/heres-how-much-musicians-make-online-from-spotify-itunes-and-youtube-2015-4

quora.com/Do-artists-bands-get-the-money-I-spend-on-iTunes

bgr.com/2015/06/25/apple-music-royalty-payments-2/

Not saying dont buy to support Kenny but the current physicals are the leak version of the album, not the stream version

He just posted on twitter "physicals" with the album cover and this new back cover (note how the tracks ate lined up with the black and white differently and LOVE has the feature listed now)

Hoping this means the stream version is going to be in the next shipment of cds. Maybe we'll be able to tell which is the old version and which is bew by the back

Really hoping for this, as i bought the album but was disappointed when i learned it was the incomplete version missing important shit like the phone call in FEAR

Be on the lookout my buyfag friends.

fucking THANK you. the amount of people i see whine about how you need to "support the artist" and wind up aiming their tangent towards how it'd be a good idea buying their shit off itunes or amazon music or google play astounds me. buy their records off bandcamp if they have one. if they don't? go see them live, go buy a t-shirt, stream it on spotify at the very least. but to pay itunes for an album is to give the lion's share of the proceeds to apple and mincemeat at the actual artist.

^^

I've listened to it 20 times already on spotify, he is literally making more money off me from streaming than if I just bought it once

I see at least one instance where the numbers are off on that figure.

>Minimum monthly wage of $1,260
>Beats pays $0.0029/play
>Therefore, needs 43,726 plays to achieve minimum monthly wage.

43,726 x 0.0029 = 126.81

The figure is off by one decimal on the required plays or the money earned per play. I'm not gonna check all the other numbers. I just wanted to point out it's not perfect.