Is there a more overrated band than The Doors?

Is there a more overrated band than The Doors?

Kanye West among retards

Nirvana among teens

Animal Collective among Sup Forumstants

Your favorite band

nice b8 m8 i r8 8/8

Coldplay

It's not bait. The Doors are bullshit pseudo-intellectual cocktail lounge music, yet everyone claims to like them. Why do you like them?

because they are a good band, and you are a shit troll.

i bet you like the beatles and swans

get drunk and get laid for the first time, maybe you can get the doors then

They suck and you're retarded. People have different opinions, not everyone is a troll dipshit. Do you think there aren't people who don't like the Doors or something?

idk im too busy banging bitches while listening to doors albums to actually talk to virgins

the only people that ive met that dont like the doors are angry virgins who couldnt handle the raw sexual power of their music and were such introverts they just hated jim morrison for being jim morrison

I'm not a virgin, though it's admittedly been a while :/

It's just overrated music with no substance. If you like it then good for you I guess. Have fun listening to shit music and having shit taste

Probably.

Most overrated garbage ever:

-Radiohead
-Latter day Pink Floyd
-The Beatles
-David Bowie
-Bob Dylan
-Joy Division
-The Doors
-The Smiths
-Nirvana
-Wu-Tang Clan
-Nas
-The Stooges
-Kanye West
-A Tribe Called Quest
-Kendrick Lamar
-The Rolling Stones
-Elliott Smith

bad b8 famalam

ITT: People who think they're too cool to listen to popular music even though we all know it's good

Radiohead

I agree with some of it

It's almost like people have different opinions or something :o

Do yourself a favor and drive around the American desert with The Doors blasting 24/7. Then you'll get it.

The Doors is a very "American" band if you know what I'm saying.

I agree with some too, I don't think any of those bands are garbage though. But
>latter day Pink Floyd
obv bait

AC/DC and U2. The only correct answers.

>no substance

have you listened to the end or when the music is over? not masterpieces but i cant see how anyone couldnt see any substance in songs like those

>AC/DC
fucking this.

Kendrick lamar

what's your favorite album? My answer depends on that.

nirvana cant be overrated ya fuck.
And yeah theres tons more overrated bands than the doors. Theyre pretty good

Talking Heads.

>U2
people don't actually like them do they?

I do

Idk man, it honestly just reminds me of some high school poetry or something. Like it's trying to deep but for some reason just feels shallow to me for some reason. The End is ok I guess but I'm just not a big fan

y

Nirvana

Mostly people under 30. A large number of people 30 and older do like them.

The Beatles is the most overrated trash thats ever come out of the music industry. I hate listening to hey jude every fucking hour on 999 the hawk

Because they made good music
No u

yeah, I mean. it couldve been that morrison was just a drunk and not poet but that doesn't take away the music being great. plus they are not even that overrated. Nirvana is way more overrated imo. kurt did not have an original idea, did not know how to play guitar and could not sing. yet he is praised as a rock god. he knew he was worthless and deserved none of that praise thats why he killed himself.

lmao. how can ac/dc be overrated? that's like saying a happy meal from mcdonalds is overrated.

ac/dc is exactly what they always tried to represent. over the top guitar/riff-rock. it's not as if they, or anyone else puts them up there with beethoven

I respectfully disagree, the music just feels like boring elevator music for the most part

Who listens to The Doors for depth? Certainly not me. They have a unique sound, I like the guy's voice, lyrics are decent, can't say much more.

lots of people listen to them for lyrical depth, that's not even arguable. people consider jim morrison a true american poet. technically he was. I think I read something about him winning poetry competitions as a young man, or some shit.

thats ok user. I dont think its super interesting music but I do enjoy myself listening to morrison's vocals and the guitar solos

Didn't the doors collab with skrillex at one point in time?

ray manzareks organ solos tho

A true American poet? I consider Paul Simon a true American poet. Jim Morrison doesn't come close to that title for me.

hey jude sucks but take this L for not liking the beatles

the drumming is pretty good as well. solid band all around. dont understand how can someone hate them but to each their own I guess

BAIT AS FUCK

tricked bitch catch these dubs

red hot chili peppers.

literally one of the greatest bands and possibly the greatest american band of all time(s)

perfect for listening to while cooking up an easter feast

I agree with you, there's a looot of other american songwriters I'd rather put on the list of actual poets, but people do love him.

I do also enjoy their sound but, imo, I feel that Jim hasn't earned the title of a poet. I wouldn't really expect him to, he was only 27 when he died. And he was a sex symbol, so I don't think it would've been popular for him to be writing very complex music rather than the simple love songs that he mostly wrote.