Ask a 36 yo who is recovering from an alcohol addiction and is jobless and living with his parents anything

Ask a 36 yo who is recovering from an alcohol addiction and is jobless and living with his parents anything.

Other urls found in this thread:

hams.cc/taper/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

How long have you been back with your parents?

what kind of work u exepct?

what drugs do u use?

do they treat you like an adolescent?

A few years, had a few relapses while living with them

I'm a 23yo trying to gain an alcohol addiction and is jobless and living with my parents.

honestly right now minimum wage

before I just used to drink now, kinda been using some prescription medication now. Like Hydrocodone, and this other one called gabapilin or something like that, it gives you a weed high (well it does for me)

yes they do tret me like an adolescent, but been working on that with them and it has been improving

honestly would skip the alcohol addiction if I was you, Worst fucking drug to be addicted to, makes you look like a worthless asshole

How'd you quit?

Samefag.

Was it prison?

if u could have only 1 drug for the rest of your life what would it be?

With all addiction you never quit, its just how long you can cope with out it. Some people replace it with something else. Some people replace it with other drugs.

For me it was the last withdraw I went through. It lasted like a week and had to tapper off slowly, and if you ever seen trainspotting, it was kinda like his withdraw.

No, never been to jail thank god, though was in a suicide place where a bunch of people was going through withdraw. Was fucking horrible. Didn't drink for like 6 months after that. One of the worst places I had ever been to.

btw I called a suicide hotline and they came and got me and put me there.

Don't give me that shit.

How'd you stop drinking?

Opiods, hydrocone, cause I can function properly and still be high

>For me it was the last withdraw I went through. It lasted like a week and had to tapper off slowly, and if you ever seen trainspotting, it was kinda like his withdraw.

like I said in the last post

OK. So you got locked away.

That's what I was trying to get at.

I don't think I stop without it myself.

For me it was the last withdraw I went through. It lasted like a week and had to tapper off slowly, and if you ever seen trainspotting, it was kinda like his withdraw.

like I said in the last post

yeah but I drank afterwards, and the locked away was for like 48 hours, 6 months later I was drinking again

what broke the camels back for you? I'm 33 and daily drinking since 21. Organs starting to hurt all the time. Currently 3.5 days sober. won't last, but I need a break.

my problem is that my life is otherwise good. I make a ton of money, I love my wife, my job is cool, I got a cool car an awesome dog and a motorcycle. I dunno everything should be good but then there's this savage relationship with booze in the background lurking. shit is dangerous man.

I called the Crisis Center and they have a 3 day detox with a 5 week wait.

I'd be drinking the second I got out.

You are 100% right man shit is savage. It pulls you deeper and deeper until you are in this fucking world of drunkeness.

The last withdrawl broke it for me, it was horrible, dry heaving, nightmares, seizures, freaking out thinking I am dying.

I didn't go cold turkey either, I was tappering myself down, having like 3 beers a day to help with the everything. Thats what broke me.

I hope you can continue the sobernessman, hope you never have to go through that level of withdraw.

Iam drinking wine its good xDD memes

I feel like you're lucky. If I had the willpower to voluntarily stop for that long I could keep off the sauce for a while.

I saw some fucked up shit when I was there so it was kinda ascared straight shit for me, did I drink afterwards yes, so I ever want to go back, no, fuck no. That shit scares me

awesome man, wish I could be like you and enjoy alcohol and not be a bum

Even tapering off?

How long until the withdrawls started?

Op here, no one is lucky when drinking. He may have the life, but He is going through the same shit as everyone else when drinking

I've done it so many times. I don't seize or shake but I get all the other nightmare symptoms and crazy anxiety and audio phantoms and shit. What sucks is kindling makes it so you can't get a hangover anymore, instead you get mini withdrawal from like four beers. Makes it impossible to just exist like a normal person. shit sucks.

ever exercised hard for an endorphin release?

Saw my dad drink himself to death.

Should have kept me from going full blown alkie.

Did the opposite (that and a bunch of other stuff).

you must have tried all sorts of alcohol right

in your opinion, what's the best beer i can buy at walmart or publix

also, favorite brand of rum?

Why would you drink that foul-tasting piss water.

If you're going to suicide via cirrhosis, at least have some taste.

I just meant being able to stop for so long voluntarily.

Not his income level.

yeah even tappering off. Your body gets used to the alcohol, you dont have to be a huge drinker to get them, even just drinking small amounts for a long time will cause them.

Mine started about 8 hours later when I woke up from passing out drinking and I was sober for the first time in a few days.

for me the first part of the withdraws isn't bad, headache, bodyache, etc, can take an aspirin for that

but the worst part was like day 3 and for when the anxiety and the nightmares came, then the seizures (had the DTs)

that was the worst that neve happened to me before and dont ever want that to happen again

Exactly man, that shit is the worst.

Yes I have, I like to run, and used to do alot of it, but now not so much

Not OP but, Icehouse has the highest alcohol content per can per price.

Haha you are definitely not "sober" if you use other things to get you messed up. It is funny to hear you say that. I guarantee you will be drinking again any time now, if you aren't already.

I am sorry to hear that bro, but just to let you know that doesn't have to happen to man

would you be interested again? if not running maybe basic bodyweight strength workouts?

best beer, is 211, cheap and higher alcohol content, as for rum I prefer Bacardi silver as it is sweet, but doesn't have all that shit flavor that comes with spiced rum

Check out phenibut man, I'm a heavy drinker myself, every time I buy a bottle of whiskey and say to myself I won't drink it all and a few hours later it's all gone, but with phenibut it's acts similarly in your brain like alcohol it's good 2 maybe 3 times a week max at about 4 grams

never said I was sober, said I was recovering, but thanks for the vote of confidence I appreciate it

not OP, but I was a heavy drinker for 10+ years. I saw a psych and was prescribed naltrexone, i stopped overnight. I was clean for months until I fell off the wagon. There are other options, talk to your doctors and see where it leads you.

I get night terrors when I try to slow down.

I haven't gone longer than 3 days in 16 years.

I'm afraid of dying from stopping.

Like I said the 3 day detox probably won't help.

Have to do it of my own volition.

yeah I am, I want to get back to running the way I was before, as for lifting, never really did it, but I dont see the harm in trying it out

>ranking beer by alcohol content
>flavor never enters the equation
spoken like true alcoholics :^)

I know this is weird, but can you describe a seizure to me? I keep trying to quit, and think I may have experienced some, but I'm not sure.

I will look into it, thanks man

taper off man, tapper off, it may take 2 weeks, but do it, use beer no liquor no wine, start with a few beers to make you be able to sleep, then only when you start to get the shakes and the anxiety, but best way is to taper off man

yes sir

I had gotten something prescribed years ago.

Without the desire to stop and some support, it doesn't work.

At least not for me.

I didnt say you said that. I put that in quotation marks, because I was referring to a Alcoholics Anonymous term of sober. What I'm saying is you're not "recovering" if you're still using. Your brain needs time away from everything before the recovery process begins. All you have is denial, if you think you will be able to keep functioning with opioids.

fair enough. I had a desire to stop, but honestly, I couldn't make it a day without "help".

On the support you're right too. Lack of support is probably why I didnt make it. I've tried meetings and hate them, but I need "something". I just havent found it yet.

I'll be sleeping and my leg or arm will spams out, the worst was when I had my abdominal muscles do it, it was like waves after waves of cramps that I couldn't stop, it hurt like hell and was twisting around on my bed

Do you feel fortunate that your parents love you?
I bet you aren't even a virgin

I understand completely.

You have to have someone to have your back.

I don't want to go to AA because of the religious undertones

never said I would keep funtioning with it, they asked what is the one drug I would choose. Thats the one, dont get much of that or the gabpilin shit since I am broke and have no prescriptions of it, you mistake me answering them for me doing them

listen to the other guy. taper.

hams.cc/taper/

hey OP that's my favorite beer too!

just drank 4 tall boys last night!

FUCK YEA! LOSERS TOGETHER!

Meeting how AA have them are worthless I have found, honestly the only thing I have found that keeps me from drinking is being in that horrible nightmare of that last withdraw.

but I understand the need for the support of other people, but come on as addicts it all comes down to us and on choice to use or drinking again

yes I feel fortunate

and correct I am not a virgin, alcohol stops your inhibitions, I have been laid many times.

I know exaclty what you mean, you might want to check out SOS its a secular form of AA, nothing to do with religion just addiction

cheers mate

Does this work?
>be me slam 1 pint of vodka before I walk in the door and then drink a six pack after that. Been doing this for years. Help!

hams.cc/taper/

Thanks for the link (seriously).

I honestly have been trying to.

Being in a very stressful living situation makes things tough.

Trying to drink 4-5 gigantic Icehouses a night (pissing myself 3 or more nights a week) instead of a liter of whiskey.

Taking melatonin and cold medicine to try to pass out.

nah man, would avoid liquor all together, it gets you drunk instead of tapering you off, I would say get a six pack and use it only when you feel the symptoms coming on, and only drink enough for the symptoms to go away 1 or 2 beers

withdrawing from alcohol can kill you, you need to do it slowly

Well you have lived a full life then. So what is the problem?

I hope shit gets better for you bro, really I do, slowly taper off, get your head clear. If you are drinking that much and you want to get sober then its bad. Do it slowly, and get well bro. Much love.

I am 43 and in the same exact boat. WTF should I do?

Almost 40 with no skills? FFS Hope you ant got kids.

Not really, if you call not being able to remember much of the past 15 years since it was all a drunken haze.

And in the mix of that 15 years, throwing up shaking and freaking out because you aren't drinking, losing your job, moving back in with your parents, if you call that a full life, then man you dont ask for much

taper off man, you need to stop drinking, that is the first step to everything, and it can't be a I know I need to stop drinking thing, you need to be 100% serious about it

once you are sober then you need to start making plans on getting your life back together

op of that post here: we gotta find other outlets or die young. that's the only choice.

ive been going to the gym every I've day and its not a cure but it gives me an outlet for that clawing anxiety.

at the end of the day I want to stay alive so I'm gonna do what I have to do I guess. might check out a meeting even though I tend to hate that culty shit.

no kids, never said I dont have any skills have a degree, btw not a place to hate and make fun of man, I mean if you are going to do it, go ahead, but most of the people in here need help serious help and making fun of them isn't cool

Thanks user I will try it. Damn I am a fucking degenerate.

hell yeah man, good luck for you bro and I hope you continue to do what you are doing

No you are not, you just stuck in this shitty place as a bunch of us are, no need t get down on yourself

currently in recovery from drugs and alcohol and going to live with parents soon and have a felony warrant from Oregon. Shit feels bad man. Have no children though

Wish you the best man, hope you get through recovery and shit gets better for you

Just drop the looks like part there OP.

OP here
For all of you in recovery or wanting to get better, just to let you know there are other people out here just like you, going through the same shit, and like some of the people i.e the guy who works out

you can get through this, you just have to make the effort to not do the same shit you have been doing

anyways, I've seen a lot of post of other people saying how they are in recovery or want to stop and just wanted to let ya'll know

lol very true

You're full of shit. Alcohol withdrawal is horrible but not that similar to opioid withdrawal. Did you have the DTs?

it's impossible to be additcted to alcohol. this thread is run by the jews trying to convince us that we are inadequate.

Yes I did have the DT if you read through my post. I was just referring to how nightmarish it was as it was displayed in the movie, wasn't not referring to alcohol vs heroin withdraw as alcohol is withdraw is much worse

Better stay sober, next one might do you in.

I wish that was the case bro, I really, really, really wish that was true

You are 100% right, and I am trying man, but it is difficult

Like right now I want to get drunk so badly. I mean I really, really, really, really want to drink

No you don't. You don't drink. It is poison to you.

Go get some kava kava man, that will scratch that GABA itch you have some what without making you relapse.

Op Here
Before I forget if you are going through withdrawal from alcohol, if you can get you hands on some Xanax, it will help you tapper off. When the anxiety and nightmares being, you can take some Xanax instead of drinking. It will help you sleep and stop a lot of the symptoms.

I appreciate this thread.

I am unfortunately out of beer and must retire to the floor.

I know it's not regular fashion to thank other anons but, I do.

Keep your heads up fellows.

whats kava kava?

Only to prevent DTs if absolutely necessary. Alcoholics will like benzos alot.

gets some good sleep man, hopefully you'll wake up in the morning and want to stop. Sleep well man

you are very correct, not saying trade one addiction for another, just saying what has helped e in the past, I know how bad with drawls are and just want to make sure other people can go through with drawls with out the same horrible shit I went through

A root the Polynesians use traditionally is lieu of alcohol. Non addictive and gives you a clear headed sociable buzz. It works on the GABA system like booze or benzos but in a different way.

where can you get it?

my friend has a tea I forget its name that acts like vicodin, you can only get it in head shops (bong stores) here, do you think they have it?