In this thread, you the Anons, will help me SCAM GAMESTOP...

In this thread, you the Anons, will help me SCAM GAMESTOP. I have a defective Xbox One Elite Controller (I know Xbox fag but just hear me out) we all hate Game Stop for their shit deals. I am planning to go to my local Gamestop and buy a new Xbox One Elite Controller, then I will swap the two controllers, show up a 1-2 hours later and ask for a refund because the controller is "Defective". How should I go about this? What do I say to the cashier? Should I use cash or debit? Sup Forums decides. Help me stick one to Game Stop.

Use cash, plan us flawless as is.

People in gamestop dont really give a shit either, they are just wage slaves

The controller grips are loose because it's a common problem when it gets old. Also, the right analog stick is loose and drifts. I'm afraid they will notice it's used.

I was planning to tell them "Maybe it was expose to heat. The grips are made out of rubber so maybe it was damage during shipping and I got a bad box." From there one I assumed they would ask me if I want another so should I say "Nah, I'll just order it online straight from the company"?

Shouldve said that in the op, you are fucked. Gg faggot

user, we are planning to get one over them. That doesn't help.

Did this with an entire couch, got it, didn't put it where it needed to go until after the warranty was gone but it was broke. got a new one, waited 2 days, brought the broken one back and boom it worked fuckin fine. You're fuckin golden.

HOLY SHIT QUADS. So, I should wait 2 days instead of a few hours?

Yeah I'd probably wait a day or two, just to make it seem a bit less suspicious but that doesn't matter too much. I'm kinda paranoid about shit so I'd wait in that situation but you don't need to.

It won't work because your controller is full of grime and cheeto dust, they'll know it's used

See if you can get the joystick upgraded to black cock. You're missing out otherwise

I'm paranoid too. I don't want them to tell me at my face. "This isn't the controller you bought" since I'm afraid they won't give me a refund. It's $150 that I rather spend on something else besides a fucking shit controller.
It's clean but I know you were just trying to troll. It's Dorito dust btw since I'm an Xbox fag. If you're gonna insult me then do it right faggot.
Give me yours Nigger?

Why the fuck are you making this so much harder than it needs to be?

Here you go, pasty white

1. Clean old controller meticulously with cotton swab and isopropyl alcohol.
2. Carefully open controller, see YouTube for how.
3. Superglue loose grips and stick in place.
4. Reassemble controller.
5. Place inside package from new controller.
6. Go to Different location than original GameStop
7. Show reciept, ask for replacement, not refund, describe people at other location as jerks who probably have you bad controller on purpose (thus why you are at new location)
8. Go back to first location and return new controller ask for store credit, not refund, or keep your two new controllers

Thank you Jew-di Master user

I'm paranoid. I have to think this through. I've done this with a pair of ear buds but they cost me 5 dollars. Never this amount of money.
That's smart but if I remember, they mark the receipts with a pen to make it invalid. Also, I think they won't honor "Any store for any refund" policy.

NYPA

Are you stupid? I'm not calling an army to troll someone.

Do it at walmart with cash.

Buy controller open package carefully and take the working one and put the broken one back in.

Wow.

Tits and timestamp or GTFO

Gamestop will not refund or replace a product that was bought new. They'll tell you to contact the manufacturer for a replacement. GameStop doesn't offer any type of warranty on shit that isn't used.

all Xbox one controllers are defective

let me guess - the sticks have drift in them?

they float around even when you're not touching them?

yeah it's BULLSHIT on PURPOSE

get yourself the original 360 controller and a wireless adapter, download the driver and it's flawless and way more durable

you're welcome

fuck being a sheister

That's actually smart. They don't give a single shit at Walmart. I'll ask a friend that lives in another city that works in a Walmart about their returns.
I am a man with tits. You sure you want to see that?
Thanks for letting me know user, I wasn't sure to do that at my local gamestop.
Yup. I explained the issue and why I want to stick one to gamestop but I actually enjoy the Xbox One Controllers. Also, the only 360 controller I have is a modded one I used back in my edge MW2 days.

>That's actually smart. They don't give a single shit at Walmart. I'll ask a friend that lives in another city that works in a Walmart about their returns.

Just make sure you have a receipt and do it at walmart. Use cash.

They are less likely to examine a request for exchange than refund, and if they do, it is other store being dicks... GameStop employees are notoriously anti other GameStops...

The refund then, even if closely inspected would be made on a brand new controller in a clearly still sealed box... The reason I suggest store credit instead of refund is it tells them you still want to spend money with them, you just changed your mind about on what.

Sharpie in pooper

Cash goy.

They don't return or exchange software... They do in face return and exchange peripherals I have done so...

It's cute how paranoid and nervous you are about a simple swap and pop :)

Can confirm that Walmart is fucking retarded with returns.

>Be me 3 years ago
>Buy a new HDTV at Best Buy
>A year later my dumb bitch ex knocks it over while cleaning and shatters the screen
>Go to Walmart and buy a completely different model
>Put broken ass, year old, different manufacturer TV in new ones box.
>Go to Walmart
>You fuckers sold me a broken TV
>So sorry, here's your money back

Still can't believe that shit worked.

you can get xbox 360 controllers used for next to nothing, ah fuck it why the fuck am I trying to be helpful to a moron that wants to be a scammer

if u really wanna scam gamestop stop being a console fag and get a gaming pc, youll never need to go to gamestop ever again, and if u get ur friends (assuming they exist) to switch to pc gaming then they wont ever go to gamestop again happy i am fuck consoles pc master race.

Gamestop manager here.
Can confirm that return policy states that new items cannot be returned unless completely sealed with proof of purchase. You would have to meticulously seal the controllers box exactly how you received it. Fair warning: they will open your box and check the controller. Some people will just make sure it's a controller inside, some people will pick it up and analyze it. Even if they do take the return they're going to attempt an exchange. DO NOT say you'll buy it online because we can do that in the store.

Yeah, I know about the receipt but this makes things much easier. You actually helped. I kinda wanted to stick one to Gamestop but this is fine.
I could probably buy For Honor or some other game. It'll be $150 down the hole if I get in store credit.
I'm a man with a hairy ass.
I will be doing the transaction in person
Tee Hee
Nice green texts, I'm gonna ask my friend that works a Walmart. Should I act like a jerk or nice? Walmart is known for their jerk customers. I don't want to be a jerk but I would do it first I have to.
But you're the moron replying to this thread?
user, too many buttons for my Xbox peasant mind
I was going to buy it in store. If it is completely seal, why would they break the seal to check if the controller is there?

All you're doing is bumping this thread so thanks. I really do need help with this.

Kek. I used to do this with inflatable beds to wal-mart. The ole' switcharoo & return.

They would unseal it to ensure that the controller is truly defective. A $150 defective controller is a big loss and Gamestop is super broke. Maybe it's different where you are, but shady shit happens in my area so we're always checking for false returns.
Gamestops have the supplies to reseal a box or case if it's in sellable condition. So if they open it and it's just fine or your defects go unnoticed it will be sold again.

>sage in all fields

This is the type of Jewery I enjoy and somewhat encourage

The defects on my controller are noticeable. I'm not sure if my neighborhood gamestop has some shady shit going on. If they were so happen to check my controller and see if it was replaced and won't return the controller, what should I do then? I don't want to lose $150 dollars. I've also heard that gamestop has been doing bad and treating their employees horrible.

Just use it for replacement parts, swap the right stick from the new one to yours, then return the new one with the bad stick.

They'll realize you're pulling a fast one on them with an obviously worn controller, they won't be able to tell with just the sticks swapped.

Only a total idiot would know it's not NEW. I USED TO LOVE smelling that "new game" smell out of the package. No more of that.

Oh yeah, and if you do go to Gamestop for this, don't use the term defective. It's a little too precise. Say that it's broken and that it won't sync with your Xbox or your friends Xbox. Whether you pay debit or cash it will be refunded as cash. Don't be a dick to the associate either, if someone gets shitty with me I shut them down and tell them to leave if they continue.

Honestly Walmart is way easier. Walmart won't open and check the controller as long as you have a receipt.

Do what this user says if you choose not to do Wal-Mart. But honestly Walmart would be a breeze. I won a copy of MW3 when it first came out. I brought it in the wrapper to them and said I wanted to return it for Skyrim as a Christmas present. Dude didn't even care, just took my MW3 with no receipt and gave my Skyrim.

Not returning it the next day to a new shift sounds dumb as fuck

Thanks?
This is a proud moment for Sup Forums
That requires me to open the controller. If I do, I'll have to remove a sticker that voids any returns and warranty because it has been tampered with.
This isn't a game. It's a controller. I could try to open the seal with a hot air gun and swap the controllers, seal the box again and ask for a refund since it's not open and make up a stupid story like "My nephew this controller and I'll just have to buy him something else"
Walmart is easier but the issue is, the nearest Walmart is far since I have to go to a Walmart that sells Electronics. If I say that it won't sync, I think they would open up and check the controller. I much prefer the Walmart route. I might just go there but fuck the gas.
I would prefer the Walmart route. I might go in late so they would give less of a shit too.

I was thinking that same but I would want to get rid of this damned controller already.

Alright Anons, I've made a decision. I will be going to Walmart instead Gamestop. If it fails I will go to Gamestop. I could post results of our victory if you want but you would have to wait 2 days.

hair dryer, it will come off in one piece with enough heat, then use a little glue if needed to put it back on.

Instead of asking for exchange or whatever keep it open ended money back is a plus exchange is what you would have asked for just be laid back and cool about it if they call you on it tell them that they better give you your fucking money back for selling such a hunk of shit

OP... You literally can't get in trouble. If they take it back, no theft because they authorized it. If they don't take it back no theft because no theft. If all you say is you want to exchange it you're not lying so no fraud. Plan is flawless. Don't be a pussy. SAUCE = PARALEGALFAG

unless your repack job is so good that they dont want to take it out to look at it, just say you dont want it in hindsight. that deception has worked for me at guitar center

Than heres what you do go in pick up controller leave go home your going to have to be super slick but replace new gamepad with broken one reseal the package go back and say that you fucked up and need to return the controller, no money for rent or little brother wanted some other controller like a nes mini controller with a longer cord chances are they wont have that grab your space bucks leave

Open ended money back? What is that?
I can get in trouble if I try to return a product that was not the original product.

Gamestop fag here. Most employees will check the controller when its returned and if they see signs of use, which they will, theyll know youre scamming them. Id go walmart if you were gonna do that.

Unrelated, anyone wanna know how to upgrade to 2tb on ps4 for free?

As in dont ask for money baxk or exchange and let the clerk spell out your options

That's a good story. I should use the rent story.

THERE. IS. NO. ACTUS. REUS. YOU. CAN. NOT. GET. IN. SHIT. If they open it tell them you bought it like that and somebody else must have scammed them.

easier at wallmart, but if you do, just say it could not connect to my pc. simple, no more explaination needed.

Ayyy thats a good one

So, I tell them it's defective, and wait for him to give me the options? I DIDN'T THINK OF THAT. I'm just afraid they will say "No, it's brand new."
"It won't connect" but if they check, it'll be defective and they might think it's fraud

Why did yal stop postin black cock?

more

Put it in the box the new one came in. Ask for refund. Im from UK but here we have rights that in a certain time limit a company has to refund you for any reason. (Possibly some exception)

just seal the packaging again so they can't tell. Or Smth

Do it to amazon ive legit gon a 600 dollar refund sceam using them. Got a gaming monitor for about 600 called them up said the box came Empty with just an invoice got a refund, usee it to buy a nice phone, then got it refunded with same line then bought a projector then got it refunded then got a dls camera and now im building a 2k computer piece by piece withthe refunds, after its done ima get a final refund and get my full money back

What do I say to them when I ask for a refund?

I do this all the time when my dog chews on my controllers. They check the serial number on the controller, make it look like you didn't open it then return it 5 mins after buying it like wtf this a used one etc

Hello im calling about a recent order, the package that should of contained the gaming monitor was enpty it just had an invoice.

Then they ask if it looked open and shit

I say no it looked in perfect condition

Then they give one or two answers its either or refund is sent or were esclating this to yhe fraud deparment, we will contact u in x days

Then never do so i use it to my advantage, I call back in x days say I never got a call back and about my issue explain to them how this item was a gift for my little bros bday and ask nicely if they can please do something about it then moat of the tine theyll issue a refund but sometimes they get annoying and say they will escalate it

At this point i legit call back every 30 min explaining the issue again (none of them seem to notice I was just on the phone 30 min ago with someone else from customer service) then usually after 3 tries someone nice picks up and i get a full refund instantly

To do this u need atleast one or two order son ur account then can be less then 20 if u want you also if you do this multiple times on one account ur card and address and ip will be banned so if you want to do multiple ones in a short period of time like I do you need to ask friends to help u with the scheme

I've done it twice at Walmart with PS4 controllers.

>cat knocked one into her water dish
>the other I spilled a beer on

They don't care about stuff like that. They'll check when you're returning more expensive stuff though. I use them as an electronics rental store all the time.

Sorry for the nigger grammer; ired af, typing on a cell phone

Way ahead of you pal. Picked up a 2nd hand PS4 that started intermittently switching off. Couldn't get the place I picked it up from the refund me because they were dodgy so traded it in and after discounts etc. I got the new one for about $150.00
>topkek.msi

What's an "invoice"?