There has to be an easier way to connect this damn pi to my windows pc other than samba...

there has to be an easier way to connect this damn pi to my windows pc other than samba.. any one have experience with this shit?

>2017
>uses windows

if you're seriously asking go on the subreddit for this device or go on Sup Forums here

Which pi are you using?

when this nigger tries acting superior, i use arch too cuck

3 modb

"connect this device"... "other than samba"...

Connect how?

Samba is a windows accessible networking protocol for file and print sharing. If you're attempting to share files like you would for a 'file server' or something... yes, samba is the way you'd go.

Not sure what's so wrong with that... samba is great at file sharing between linux and windows!

So... I assume you mean something else, rather than file sharing.

In what way are you attempting to connect?

Have you tried ssh'n in, use Putty as the windows client.

Have you tried some remote desktop system, like VNC? Raspbian comes with it built in, just have to turn it on in the raspi config util.

Or are you talking about something else?

Are you computer retarded possibly?

cont'd

oh, and yes, tons of experience.

I do quite a fare share of development on the Raspberry Pi as well as clone boards like the Pi.

im wanting to transfer files, samba has been a fucking pain in my ass. Just looking for any guidance on any other windows protocol packages

>other than samba
nigga you retarded.

In what way has it been a pain in your ass?

You can telnet into the pi with Putty on windows.

You can also remote desktop into the pi if you put xrdp on it.

Why don't you just me not a total dick and put the SD card in your PC? Or just boot the pi to a gui and navigate over a server or stick in a USB drive.

Dumb ass

Get / make a patchthrough cable

samba is fine, but if you just want to copy files you can use ssh and scp for it

winscp is alright from memory, looks like a basic ftp client

[PiServer]
comment = Pi Server Folder
path = /
browseable = yes
writeable = yes
only guest = no
create mask = 0777
directory mask = 0777
public = no
read only = no
force user = root

i follow every damn guide such as editing the config file and calling smbpasswd -a pi it cannot be found

use SSH.. not telnet..
but agree, XRDP.. or VNC..
also look into SCP for file xfers...

you really think it'll let you create a samba share on / with 0777 permissions?

ask yourself this: what do things under /dev, /proc etc. even map to in a windows file system?

what permission would i need then?

I actually kekked

I have to try this now, need to see what windows is going to do with /dev/null

bumperino

This.
Or setup proftpd on the pi as a ftp server.

lol

>ftp server
what is this, 1997?

if you really want this, create a userspace mount for / like /smb and then mount / there under non-root credentials using FUSE and then use /smb to create the shared folder

Yeah, I know. Op just wanted to transfer some files and its easy to setup...

I've some experience with this device and this nigga read my mind and put it into a post.

you're not exactly being clear, op. in fact, you're bordering on being a gigantic bundle of sticks.

what the fuck are you even trying to do