Hows that screenplay coming along Sup Forums ?

Hows that screenplay coming along Sup Forums ?

It's coming along well actually. 22 pages out of what I imagine will be a 80-100 page script.

It's a high school, coming-of-age tale and something I can realistically film as opposed to a fantasy or action film.

What's the difference between a screenplay, a play, and a script?

post all 22 completed pages and an outline of the rest with as much detail as you have, so that we can critique it and help you improve it

I know you guys. All you'll say is it's gay and not finished and consider that "constructive criticism". You smartasses do it every time "hurr it'd be better if you finished it", no shit.

A screenplay is for a film
A play is for the stage (and whereas you don't watch a screenplay, you watch a play, the term does not change from blueprint to finished product like with a movie)
A script is a term that can refer to either, or pretty much anything you would need to write a script for (presentation, etc.)

Have you considered enrolling in an act class to help you out ?

He was trying to imply that these threads are made by Jewish Reptile People to trick stupid goy into giving them movie ideas

I literally just signed up for Celtx (the free one) and I don't know what I should write.

>spent the last year and a half busting out a breddy gud screenplay about a group of people in a sleepy northern Michigan town in the 1950s who have to deal with ayyliens, the Soviets, and the CIA
>just got back from a two month long business trip abroad and can finally get to Netflix
>see a show called Stranger Things
>mfw

I don't even feel anything. I've been watching it and it's really good, but damn, it's so similar...

You know, I've considered it. I've written a role for me to play and considered learning how to act so I can at least give a decent performance.

I hate it when things like that happen, but at the same time it's a good thing because it pushes you to develop your own shit further. For instance, if I were you I would switch it up and instead of aliens I would set it in the desert and have it be nuclear giant bugs/lizards or some shit like Tarantula and Them and stuff like that.

Spend like a week or two watching movies and all kinds of "what ifs?" will pop into your head. Then you can mold them into loglines, outlines, and coherent drafts.

I got a few shitty ideas I'm outlining at the moment

>A small town punk band discovers Body Snatchers taking over the town and turning everyone, even the other punks, into job having normies and they are slowly picked off on by one as they try to fight the establishment, culminating in an insane police station massacre

>A man decides to form a settlement in the old west and leads a wagon train full of people, but becomes dissatisfied when he realizes how much work it will take to achieve any results. The wagon train is ambushed by outlaws and he is scalped, but is the only survivor. With a newfound energy he hunts down the outlaws and brutally kills them. This film is about immediate gratification and how it's much easier to destroy something than it is to build something.

>Aliens invade and use a King Ghidorah-type super kaiju to take over the world. This monster is a puppet and only ever controlled by evil, no chance to live his own life. Earth's only hope is a man trained from birth to pilot a mech. People only like him because he does what he is told, and that is something that is good for them. No one cares about the real him. The monster is knocked out, the aliens are defeated. The mech pilot gets mad at the people praising him and leaves, going to wander the wastes. The monster wakes up, realizes it is now free and is happy. But humanity hates it and the entire army starts attacking it. It realizes it has no choice but to be a monster and begins wiping out all life on Earth. The mech pilot, who everyone expects to come running back at any moment since he is Earth's last hope, continues walking into the wasteland as the city is destroyed behind him.

>A pirate is marooned on a desert island and gradually becomes very paranoid that he is not alone. This would be more avant garde and mood based, still need to work a lot more on the story.

Cool.

Last ditch bump

I want to write about characters and emotions rather than plot and character arcs.

What should I watch or read?

Taxi Driver, sit coms

I wrote and directed a fairly well known tv show that is currently airing on tv. There is in fact a thread discussing my show in the catalog right now.

What channel

I'm pretty sure sitcoms are 98% plot.

Noah Baumbach and Alex Ross Perry films

Fag

>literally have 15 screenplays
>live in canada and don't know anyone so they will never get made

>tfw after years of dreaming I am literally going to shoot a feature length movie and have producers and crew on board
I was not prepared for this feeling of nervousness. Suddenly it's like I never read all those books on cinematography and writing. It's like I've never watched a movie before. I can't believe this shit is happening. Just don't want it to suck, family.

Any producers or distributors? Whats it about?