ITT movies that haven't aged well

ITT movies that haven't aged well

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oXUAjV7DuSI
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

how is requiem for a dream aged poorly???
to anti-feminist for you?

I rewatched it recently. Youre wrong OP. It's aged very well. One of my favorite movies about failure.

I mean compared to like 90% of the 90's movies it's practically the first modern movie

Connelly's ass aged well.

it's not a 90s movie.

>aged well

worst criteria for judging a movie

ASS
TO
ASS

Was the Marlon Wayans character supposed to be racist caricature? Like, as a joke?

a lot of niggers from New York talk like that. I'm from New Jersey personally but he was pretty accurate.
>Naturally
I've heard that many times.

He's black and he was acting like a black drug addict. What's the problem?

>first modern movie

I know what you mean but I'm still triggered. Me and my wife's son's film degree from Wikipedia.

Kek
It's dated, cheesy, and melodramatic; a well-produced after school special/PSA

>aged well

What the fuck does that even mean?

>It's dated
No
>cheesey
Not an objective flaw
>melodramatic
Not an objective flaw

Come back with real complaints thanks.

>90's movies

You just proved OP right because you think it's a 90s movie.

This was universally derided when it came out, it could hardly have gotten a worse reputation since.

You'll see it being used a lot in the future to describe movies that have been coming out since 2003. Especially with comedy movies, as more humor has been stuffed into films as pop culture references in lieu of timeless jokes and gags.

Isn't Showgirls the opposite of OP's premise?

Hell no, nigga. DELETE THIS

If you think art can be objectively evaluated you're a retard
Also
>n-nuh-uh!
Isn't an argument

I feel like out of the trilogy, Batman Begins has gotten better over time. Not exactly sure why but it grows on my every time I watch it again

not dated, it set the trend for a lot of movies that preceded it that you see often because of it. you can't really name examples because you're just talking adjectives, but the drug scene of quick cuts was considered very modern.

Cheesy is what all movies are, but for a film that deals with depression, drug use, and crime, it seems to be a serious enough film.

Melodramatic, again it's not melodramatic if it's content is heavy enough. a drama about dating and the relationship falling apart is melodramatic, but dealing with addiction on many different levels it seems to be down played, there's only a few scenes where anyones yelling, and frankly it was some of the more dramatic scenes in cinema. lot of musicians used it in songs i remember because it so impactful.

I think Keeping the Faith is cheesy and melodramatic.

Maybe learn the words before you use them.

Also the song used in the movie was used in like a dozen other movies and trailers because it was good. It was a movie that utilized music with the movie in a very modern way. Instead of just having a score in the background it was almost like an element in the movie.

But hey, you're 17 and know it all. :D there was a lot of talk about the movie when it came out, celebrating it for different reasons. No one really cared about the drug content, so it's weird you think it was a PSA. We just saw it as a good drama.

I didn't say it was. I just mean you have like a decade of poorly made movies PREVIOUSLY too requiem. That was a turning point in movies...

agreed. I enjoy the TDK and TDKR less and less with every repeated viewing, but Begins feels like it gets better and better. Except for Katie Holmes.

>If you think art can be objectively evaluated you're a retard
You are a literal retard if you don't think art can be objectively evaluated. Go back to whatever home board you come from because it certainly isn't Sup Forums.

>faggots who can't watch films in context of the time and place in which they were made so they say "it hasn't aged well"

He didn't strike me as any better or worse than anyone else in the film, he just happened to be a junkie. What was endearing to me about the movie I guess is that despite acknowledging the depraved things that people with addictions can be moved to do by their dependency it also showed everyone as being grounded in some way by their genuine care for the people close to them in life.

Main character loves his mom and gf genuinely
Wayans cares about the main character
Main characters gf doesn't feel good about having to whore herself out since she loves main character

Etc.

I forgot the fucking names as you can see but I don't think it was the intent to make Wayans character out as an explicitly bad hood sort of guy, just someone who fell into a bad habit.

you have to consider the context of the time to know that it hasn't aged well

Trainspotting

well, time is the best test. period.

>a well-produced after school special/PSA

Its amazing how people can still think this. I swear they only see drugs and think its only about drugs, it about trying to follow your dreams and having it all fall apart, just like the other user said its about failure. Hence the name "Requiem for a Dream".

Pretty much anyone who just dismisses this movie "just" a anti-drug movie is just a pleb, not the meme kind, but an actual pleb.

But back on topic the movie still holds up, it has some of the best editing and sound design I have ever seen, the music really does make the scenes twice as good.The "ass to ass" seen would not be so horrifying without the 10/10 soundtrack.

youtube.com/watch?v=oXUAjV7DuSI

so much of this movie would be make you laugh out loud at its ridiculousness if it weren't for the soundtrack

As much i love these movie, i have to admit most of the old zombie movies didn`t aged well.

I always knew Ron Paul was based.

>it's an user did community service for being a worthless tweakerfag episode
Topcuck

You can watch The Thing and never once need to consider that. If you have to put it in context then it, by definition, has not aged well

ITT OP is wrong

I thought the movie was over-serious and that's why it was melodramatic. Even the most depressed addicts still get their kicks, the whole story was so stylized to be an obvious tragedy that it threw any sort of psychological realism or naturalism out the window. I couldn't have given less of a shit about the paper-thin characters they stuck into this morality play shit, and even the supposedly nauseating/horrifying payoffs just made me laugh. It was well directed, the color scheme was kind of cool, but I just didn't like the writing because they milked the fuck out of every incident to create an artificial kind of sadness. Like Leto losing his arm; the deleted Swanney scenes from Trainspotting were way more depressing because they were far better written and it felt like it was taking place in a believable world. The depression stuff in Requiem was a joke, the drug stuff, the crime was over-moralized (even if it didn't always do so in a finger-pointing way, there was always a painfully obvious "good" and bad") and a symptom of overall poor writing. To be fair though I didn't like Pi either so maybe Aronofsky just isn't my thing
You can rate a movie based on its technical aspects, strengths/achievements, and there is a generally agreed-upon set of values that critics and enthusiasts believe is the foundation of good writing, sure, but objective implies there's some sort of standardized measurement by which it can be assessed. There's not. Also people like different things, and Sup Forums is not your safe space :^)
Yeah it's definitely showing some age
Editing is fine, but what said without the natural strength of the soundtrack everyone would notice that the writing is stale and deep as a kiddie pool
Lol not far from the mark tbqh

pleb detected.

Most films made between 2001-2009
Film have significantly picked up in quality and timelessness since about 2010.

Prove me wrong, outliers notwithstanding.

ITT: OP is a degenerate druggie that doesn't like how his degenerate kind is portrayed

>Judging the timelessness of movies made 6 years ago

>Style in a can: the movie

you peope suck and should die.

That's how he felt about the movie, you cannot invalidate his opinion about the movie by disagreeing with him, you stupid douche.

he's not tryingto invalidate his opinion, he's pointing out that his personal feelings don't matter

Anti drug propaganda; The Movie

Go watch Trainspotting for real drugkino

>any zombie movie aging well
Specially with the walking dead running it all.

Only 28 days later aged week, but not technically zombies.

>he's pointing out that his personal feelings don't matter

They matter to me, because I'm listening to them. Shut your cunthole, mad fag.

it aged like fucking wine, wtf are you talking about?

ASS TO ASS

>because I'm listening to them.
I listen to what you say yet it doesnt matter to me

>I listen to what you say yet it doesnt matter to me

Why are you telling me this? I don't care that it doesn't matter to you, I'm trying to hear the OP out. This doesn't concern you, does that frustrate you user?

Would you say you have a general pain in the vicinity of your anus?