I joined the Army Reserves when I was 18. I never thought highly of myself. Went to Iraq. Everyone was cool...

I joined the Army Reserves when I was 18. I never thought highly of myself. Went to Iraq. Everyone was cool. The *hooah hooah* Captian Americas of the company were looked down on; viewed as liabilities
Everyone else was just there as a job that payed decent.

One day an IED struck our convoy, 2 vehicles in front of mine got damaged, but no casualties.

Went to the VA a few years after a got back, submitted a disability packed and just regurgitated PTSD symptoms I had read online.

I now get 2,900 dollars (tax free) per month, plus I got all the back pay in a lump-sum for the 18 months it took for my compensation packet to go through.

Currently also get 1200/mo as a living stipend (post-9/11 GI BILL) for finishing my Masters degree.

I live in Texas so the state compensates my tuition completely (120 credit hours worth). This is a state-specific program called The Hazlewood act.

So I'm 28. 1 year away from a Masters degree. No Debt. Own a small, but very nice townhouse, and just got a new truck. 24k in the bank still.

Pretty sweet deal, really. I took a big risk, made it home in one piece, and used the system that had used me.

I like to think i came out on top.

Am I a hero? A welfare queen? What do you guys think?

Good on you man. It means a great deal that you served.

at least you did something to earn it.. not like these libtards

Thanks for commenting man. Appreciate that.

Welfare whore who lied and stole money from us. Plenty of people here will circle jerk u and gobble up soldier dick like they do trap dick here but i wont

Yes and no. You're kinda shitty for playing the PTSD card.
>sauce
I'm on 20% for hearing loss and back pain but I can't get them to evaluate my fucked up ankle that I destroyed on mission in theatre.

I don't really think that highly of you...Just because you can do something doesn't make it right. You got away with it, but it was still wrong. You used the system for a greedy purpose when it was designed to protect those truly in need.

Its not the system that pays..its the people who are forced to pay for the system that take the bill.

Good on you man, you got it made

Valid point. I can definitely see the 'kinda shitty' angle.

Sorry to hear that your ankle is getting denied.

Appeal, appeal, appeal..Best of luck.

Fair point.

I'd argue to focus on being anti-war. Disability claims are factored into the cost of American adventures abroad.

why dont they have rovers go out in the road before the convoy so it just blows up a worthless radio driven box truck or something instead of people

Like I said more power to you. It's not your fault they give out 30% for PTSD like candy. That shit is tempting.

lol. Fair enough, thanks for the comment.

That IED was not a pressure-plate. It was triggered manually by someone via a switch (we caught him. 15y yo kiddo). Thank you for your comment.

What the fuck did you just fucking snikt about me, you little bub? I’ll have you know I graduated top of my class in the Avengers, and I’ve been involved in numerous secret raids on Utopia, and I have over 3,000,000 confirmed kills. I am trained in gorilla warfare and I’m the best at what I do in the entire Canadian armed forces. You are nothing to me but just another bub. I will snikt you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before on this Earth, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit about me over the Internet? Think again, bub. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of spies across the USA and your IP is being traced right now so you better prepare for the storm, maggot. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your life. You’re fucking dead, kid. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can kill you in over seven hundred ways, and that’s just with my bare hands. Not only am I extensively trained in unarmed combat, but I have access to the entire arsenal of the Royal Canadian Marine Corps and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off the face of the continent, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little “clever” comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have held your fucking tongue. But you couldn’t, you didn’t, and now you’re paying the price, you goddamn idiot. I will shit fury all over you and you will drown in it. You’re fucking snikted, bub.

Made me re-evaluate my life choices. California offers the same shit.

I'm 18 attending a CSU piling debt that I'll need to pay back while simultaneously trying to start a life.

idk what 'snikted' means, but I love it. Thanks for sharing.

>Go active
>Get 3 year contract (yes they have those)
> ????????
>Profit with GI BILL and other kick-ass benefits

Don't worry too much.I'll be entering the job market at 30 with zero office experience to speak of. Getting that degree early will certainly pay high dividends. Best of luck.

Hah, I'd never heard of a 3 year contract, but that's when GI bill maxes out, so great move.

I want to join any military and do 18 months active duty so i can apply for police because i hate school here in Texas full of loud mouth niggs and spics any advice im thinking national Guard

Thats fucked, did you murder him for shits and gigs? rape his mom?

glad to see somenoe with a sense of humor lol. So hard to find nowadays. Thanks your comment was very meaningful.

Iraq police threw him in their truck and drove away. Don't know what happened to him after that, we didn't exchange facebook info or anything.

National guard is a good route to go.. But if you really want the full benefits, I would suggest sticking it out for 3 years active duty.

National Guard and Reserves rarely deploy these days.

hah, everyone is crazy nowadays.It's something else.

Air Force fag here. Got out 2 years ago at 80%. Currently at 90%. Trying to get that golden 100%. I did 10 years and learned a great skill. Now work for a major aircraft manufacturer and own 2 homes. I regret nothing and have a great life. Only wish I had to to usensure the JI bill. But I'm making great money with just a high school degree so what ever.

You did what I aim to do, mad props to you OP.

glad to hear another vet is doing well. best of luck.

Thanks man, appreciate the comment.

Same to you. Even if your an army fag.

Currently going into the Navy.

Might as well use the system for whatever it can afford you. Good on you, my man.

Pay off as much as you can, and go from there.

I won't be seduced damnit!!!

Did you plan to do this all along? Or just took the opportunity as it came? Do you have a family to provide for? Are you happy with doing what you're doing? I'm not sure if this post is you looking to others for their moral attitudes, a bait thread or simply bragging.

Your responses will help me determine what kind of person you are (not necessarily what your morals are but more about how you think).
Regardless of your responses I think what you did would be considered really shitty in the vast majority's eyes, but personally I think as long you provide for your own needs (and your family if you have one) that should be top priority in life, by any means necessary.

But I have never been much of a feeler at all

Eh, you're no different from the hundred other guys I've met who
>get married right before enlisting to avoid combat and get more benefits/pay
>Use their social skills to get chummy with their COs' and basically either bullshit or charm their way through ranks and better positions
>Go through bootcamp but file for "Unable to adjust" right after so to still get that sweet sweet GI bill
>Join to just fuck other army wives
>Get "injured" right after bootcamp or once they've had enough
All of my friends who joined did this shit. All but one. That one guy? Followed the rules, did everything his CO's told him, never got in trouble and basically just did his job correctly and efficiently for the 6 years he was stationed in Alaska. Everyone else is posting on Snapchat all the crazy fun shit they are doing in Hawaii, South Korea, San Diego, Washington, Japan, Australia, Germany....
I don't got the social skills to pull shit like that. But damn, if I did, I'd do the same thing, OP.

Why does B have so many goddamn fucking promilitary threats fuck this fucking shit

>>Go through bootcamp but file for "Unable to adjust" right after so to still get that sweet sweet GI bill
Meant to say SOME of that sweet GI bill.

because those militaryfags got butthurt in the last thread where we reminded them that they don't deserve shit because their service was merely a career choice instead of a true draft in defense of America and freedom.

kisses, daddy-o

I think life gave you an alright hand in poker and you bluffed the system a little. Keep doing what you do and it will all be good. We're all in this together.

My father suffers from PTSD.
It was '67 and he got a low draft number, in the 30's. He decided to volunteer and take his chance to get a better military job than 11b. After training, he went to language school (Russian), OCS and parajumper school. He served in Nam, 68-69 often as a squad leader for LRRPS. He did over 50 missions in the field. He left the army a captain; they were putting him through paperwork to become a major. He didn't want to leave the field though; he burned all of his personal records and left. He earned several medals but felt they didn't mean anything. He threw them in a river.

He has nightmares constantly. The past haunts him heavily. He carries a heavy weight for his fallen men. He's told me he wishes he could have given some of them his luck.

The plan all along was to get my college paid for. Decided to do the disability later, when I couldn't find a job, and was struggling to feed myself at the end of some months.

Couldn't find a job. I'm not from here and live in a border town with a 93~% hispanic population. If you don't speak english and have no degree, you're gonna have a difficult time finding good work.

Can't move because taking care of my mom/dad.

Thank for your comment.

sorry, if you don't speak *spanish and have no degree...

totally agree with the career choice thing. And I chose a career that nets me ~4200/mo, without having to work. What other jobs offer such benefits? I think I chose my career pretty well.

4200 *tax-free

That definitely sounds more morally justified, if you are telling the truth. It sounds like you did what you had to, and I think most people would take a look at the OP and decide that you are some inhuman monster. Interesting.

Have a nice day.

Your father is an absolute hero in my book. I have an uncle that has a eerily similar story. Thank you for the comment.

you, too. Take care.