Anybody ever take Chantix to quit smoking? What should I expect? There's some scary side effects it lists...

Anybody ever take Chantix to quit smoking? What should I expect? There's some scary side effects it lists. Plan on taking it starting this morning.

If you're going to stop just stop

I tried a bunch of times. But for some reason right after the 7th day of no nicotine the craving gets really strong, it's physically unbearable. That's why I'm hoping this Chantix will help that.

You wanna really stop smoking? Take some LSD...

I heard LSD alters the brain forever only after one use. Sounds dangerous.

Horrible nausea and the most terrifying nightmares you'll ever have.

It works though, if you don't commit suicide while you're taking it.

Yes its called withdrawal
Take it like a man
It might even be fun

Is it really that bad? It can't be 'that' bad.

I agree with this prognosis, Dr hahaha

My old man took it a few years ago. He felt exactly the same (no depression or mood changes) except he had the most vivid and strange dreams imaginable.

It's a myth actually. The saying is that the chemical stays in your brain forever. It is simply not true.
Gets flushed out of your system as easily as anything else you ingest.
LSD gets metabolized very easily by the body and brain

Anybody else take it and cant stop BBQing and grilling? Its literally all i do now. Im getting a smoker next week too..

I'm reading about the side effects and various reports about it. It's starting to scare me away from using Chantix. It says whenever there were side effects such as violence, blackouts, sleepwalking, etc., that the violence was senseless and acted out by people who 'weren't violent' people. I wonder if in some way they are waking up from nightmares and doing the violence 'thinking (or not thinking) they are still inside the nightmare'.

Not him but a co-worker of mine took it, he said he's never had legitimate thoughts of suicide until he started taking this. To the point he brought his guns to work and asked me to keep them until he was done taking it. Yeah, it's 'that' bad

sometimes the host is not a good match for the new personality
its true..YOU dont smoke anymore

Fuuuuck

I used it. It worked. I haven't smoked in 2 years. Only side effects were nausea for a minute when I took it in the morning on a empty stomach and pissed a little more than usual. It stops the nicotine cravings.

Just go back in time and stop yourself from starting.

I think you're lying.

If you want to quit smoking, just stop smoking. It's really that easy, you just have to actually want to do it and not make bullshit excuses for yourself like a fucking weakling. You're not going to die or even get sick from nicotine withdrawals, you get a mild headache and irritable for a few days, maybe a week. I smoked anywhere between a half a pack and two packs a day for 15 years(depending on my party and stress level). I decided on one of my birthdays I just wouldn't smoke anymore, that was about 5 years ago and I still haven't had more than a drag when I was hammered or all jammed up, and it tasted like shit... and I loved smoking, I loved everything about tobacco. My best friends dad chain smoked for like 30 years(would light a new cigarette with the butt of his last smoke). He quit the same way.

Seriously, if you want to quit don't take weird medicine, just stop fucking smoking. Honestly, if you want to stop smoking, just stop fucking smoking and don't try to rationalize a cigarette ever. You're not an alcoholic who can get DT's and seizures and shit when you go through WD, you're not a junkie who will shit your pants and hear voices for a week if you stop. It's just nicotine, don't be a fucking baby. Take an ibuprofen and chew on a toothpick you fucking homo. If after 7 days you bitch out, chew a piece of nicotine gum and jerk off a few times. It's not the nicotine that keeps you smoking after 7 days, it's the physical habit. Grow a pair of balls and realize you can take a drive in the car without smoking a butt.

Ignore the shitty meme and only sperglords vaping.

It's an effective form of quitting cigarettes and since you're able to manually mix to a certain strength of nicotine, it allows easy, controlled tapering all the while you're not smoking any more.

There's nothing wrong or embarrassing about vaping if you don't make a huge show of it and just use a low vapor kit.

Last time op tried to vape he set his asshole on fire.

Don't ask me how he did, I do not know.

You should hang yourself for that terrible joke

this LSD is fragile as fuck degrades in heat and light

not worth it

My old roommate took it for awhile. He started sleepwalking. Mostly funny, a little scary. One time he walked down the hall, opened the front door, and took a piss on the doormat. Just duct tape oven mitts over your hands and zip yourself into a sleeping bag. Everything should be fine.

There was a study posted recently where the scientists took a radioactive version of LSD and administered it to some people and traced its metabolization.(sp?)

Basically you take L, it makes its way up to your brain, binds to however many neural receptors its compatible with based on how much you took, and then gets flushed out within hours.

The cool part is that the LSD that binded to your receptors actually takes up to 2 weeks to degrade. They think its what leads to the post trip 'afterglow' and why microdosing works.

I had a similar experiences with Ambien. I think I was half naked and went out the front door or something to let my dog out. I barely remember some things. Drug companies should be jailed for selling this shit and getting rich off of it.

if you want to fry the fuck out of your brain, change your personality and everything about you, and possibly suffer through undiagnosed brain damage your whole life then yes

thats a great way to quit smoking!

google search - chantix personality changes

get an e-cig...
. stopping smoking will initially make you cough a lot ... the ecig, with or without nicotine is just wet vapour which will make your lung epithelial tissue more motile and will make you have more"productive cough"...
you will notice straight away after 2 weeks or so that you cannot stand normal cigarettes anymore , because of excessive coughing.

Dude, try quora or google. You do not want to be getting life advice from Sup Forums.

OP here. I decided not to start taking the Chantix. I'm flushing it down the toilet. It's poison. What people who have used this drug are saying sounds fucking horrible. I'll just deal with the cold turkey withdrawal, can't be worse than this shit.

You are a fucking moron. There are physical withdrawal symptoms present for only 72 hours going cold turkey. The rest is your weak pathetic brain unable to break behavioral triggers. Read the science. 72 hours of kicking the sheets and your disgusting habit is well on its way to being kicked.