DAMN is a 7. You heard me. A decent 7. You might not like to read or see it but that's what this album truly is...

DAMN is a 7. You heard me. A decent 7. You might not like to read or see it but that's what this album truly is. Now I went in objectively as I possibly could as I began with the first song on BLOOD, as It loaded up on rap genius I listened in and read along and thought christ this is aids. It was a **** story about nothing that didn't even make any sense, it's similar to a painting that tries to be nuanced but doesn't have any real meaning or value, certainly not too common folk. I also found it fairly amusing how the editors on rap genius try to symbolize this garbage with the Lady Justice. This gave me more laughter than an entire Amy Schumer special. Maybe if I was a four year, or dropped out of middle school I could find some intrinsic value from the song but **** it, it was only an intro song so I just moved on. So I'm listening song after song and I'm finding little meaning with the lyrics but decency with the beat. YAH, HUMBLE, and LOYALTY are exempt from this critique as I found they were all decent from a beat perspective and good also lyrically. However, I found DNA, ELEMENT, and FEEL to hold a certain level **** lyrically that I doubt many other artists could replicate such poor lyrical talent and still earn such respect and credibility from their listeners. When Kendrick raps women flock to him and his camels increase and I sit and wonder why? Put on Nas Put on Eminem Put on B.I.G. Rakim, or Andre 3000. **** even Lil Dicky has more lyrical thought than Kendrick it's depressing what rap fans find good these days.

Of damn is a 7 pure comedy is a 9

Nice paragraph dildozer. I give it a light 8, but that's how opinions work. People think different than you.

fuck off cuck

>kendrick mentions god
>gets tipped down 3 points

yikes

If you faggots need to continuously spam this board about how mediocre the album is to feel better about your shit opinions, maybe your insecurity says something about the album's actual quality.
Grow the fuck up, let people enjoy what they like. Go outside and get some vitamin D, it might make you feel like less of a lonely pathetic shit.
>inb4 you seem upset

>kendrick is meh, alright at best
>still the most influential and successful rapper right now
where were you when hip hop died ?

>U2
gee who would have thunk it

No, user you don't understand. These faggots will literally die, colapse over dead, if they don't exist to be contrarian.

Defending literal "we wuz" rhetoric from a rapper who should be above that

No reviewers are right and I am wrong. Us normal listeners must know are place and respect real critics.

bro we all have a mini reviewer living in our head we gotta listen to him and acknowledge his score above all others

It's sad as shit. I haven't seen people act like such vultures toward hating an artist until I started regularly browsing Sup Forums lol. Literally any lyric/bar/review that could be spun around to look bad on Kendrick or whichever artist they decide to hate on is used. 90% of this board is music hatred discussion ffs.

Reminder that he gave Pure Comedy a 9

A 7 is a good score

How will Kendrik dick riders even recover?

Thats all of Sup Forums honestly.

If I liked section.80 and good kid mad city, but hate black Israelite bullshit, will I like this album? I'm not really into black power stuff.

influential in what way. Imo he's always kind of stood out as his own thing. Influential to his contemporaries? literally who? Influential politically? Nothing changes. Fashion? Nigga's wearing a white t-shirt on his latest album cover. I honestly don't see who or what he's influencing besides Compton or people inspired by him.

There's like 2 mentions of "black israeli" shit. And it's not meant to be taken literally just melon doesn't understand Christian themes

why does everything have to have a concept

this as a whole hit harder than TPAB on average because you don't have to skip through a poem stanza or mediocre tracks in the 2nd half that were done better in the 1st

at the end of le day everyone has their differences but as feefo says FOR ME this is a 9

Get an education

Is it just me or did Kendrick rip off the song titles DNA and XXX from Danny Brown?

You wanna know what's worse than Kendrick dick riders? People who either feel validated when 1 (count it, one) reviewer agrees with their opinion, OR they just fucking mimic the opinions of others. Think for yourself and care about your own taste. It doesn't matter what anyone else thinks, that's the beauty of art. But it's not about that for you huh? Sit down lil bitch

kendrones on life support

DNA was a earl song first

whoa i agree with a 7 on damn but are we listening to the same TPAB wtf tracks did you skip??

Which mixtape or record?

Just looked it up. XXX came out in 2011. I don like shit came out in like 2015.

Its so easy to let a reviewer do all the work for you and if we don't listen to them it becomes overly apparent that art is entirely subjective when no one educated in the matter can point a finger and say its bad.

My bad,i thought it was off dannys newest release.

>even Lil Dicky has more lyrical thought than Kendrick

kys idiot

Lil dicky is awful and i hope him and drake get rectal warts.

don't listen to rap music if you can't stand black people empoweing themselves.

How is it not meant to be taken literally?

black israelites is about black supremacy not black power

fuck you if you believe in that idiotic shit

didn't even read it
nice bait op

A lot of niggers on this board...

Remember that giant fucking speech on the live version of "i"

brain gotta poop

go fuck your mother in the mouth

Smh

But Pitchfork likes it so it's ok, that's the only reason anyone here thinks Kendrick is good in the first place.

pitchfork, rly man??

>this tripfag is in here ruining this thread as well

here's your last (you)

For sale, Complexion, and You ain't gotta lie are skippable desu.

I agree, really liked some of the stuff on TPAB but it was just too dense of hiphop for me. I appreciate what it does for the genre, but I just enjoy listening to DAMN. so much more. Tbf, I'm not a huge hiphop/rap listener.

This

Damn will age better due to the fact that the concept is up to interpretation. The fact that GKMC and TPAB have such fleshed out stories hurts the replayability of the albums. Sure they're great at first but, once you understand the story, the concept itself becomes pretty stale. Songs that don't stand out on their own become stale and the whole album suffers for it.

Damn has a loose concept which makes the concept more compelling. Moreover, I would say that the songs stand out on their own. The songs don't need to rely on other songs to make it interesting.

>A Moon Sahped Pool is a 7. You heard me. A decent 7. You might not like to read or see it but that's what this album truly is. Now I went in objectively as I possibly could as I began with the first song Burn the witch, as It loaded up on rock genius I listened in and read along and thought christ this is aids. It was a **** story about nothing that didn't even make any sense, it's similar to a painting that tries to be nuanced but doesn't have any real meaning or value, certainly not too common folk. I also found it fairly amusing how the editors on rock genius try to symbolize this garbage with the increase in fear, xenophobia and racism in mainstream politics. This gave me more laughter than an entire Louis CK special. Maybe if I was a thirteen year old, or dropped out of high school I could find some intrinsic value from the song but **** it, it was only an intro song so I just moved on. So I'm listening song after song and I'm finding little meaning with the lyrics but decency with the instrumentals. Decks Dark, Identikit, and The numbers are exempt from this critique as I found they were all decent from a intrumental perspective and good also lyrically. However, I found Daydreaming, Dessert island Disk, and True love waits to hold a certain level **** lyrically that I doubt many other artists could replicate such poor lyrical talent and still earn such respect and credibility from their listeners. When Yorke and Greenwood preform women flock to them and their camels increase and I sit and wonder why? Put on Blur Put on Sonic Youth Put on Pixies. Smashing Pumpkins, or Pavement. **** even Sigur Ros has more lyrical thought than Radiohead it's depressing what rock fans find good these days

DAMN. is a great album.

A Moon Shaped Pool fucking sucked.

>Bottomless Pit is a 7. You heard me. A decent 7. You might not like to read or see it but that's what this album truly is. Now I went in objectively as I possibly could as I began with the first song Giving Bad People Good Ideas, as It loaded up on rap genius I listened in and read along and thought christ this is aids. It was a **** story about nothing that didn't even make any sense, it's similar to a painting that tries to be nuanced but doesn't have any real meaning or value, certainly not too common folk. I also found it fairly amusing how the editors on rap genius try to symbolize this garbage with the corruption through art and their relationship with their audience. This gave me more laughter than an entire Dave Chapelle special. Maybe if I was a twenty year old, or dropped out college I could find some intrinsic value from the song but **** it, it was only an intro song so I just moved on. So I'm listening song after song and I'm finding little meaning with the lyrics but decency with the instrumentals. Ehh, bubbles buried in this jungle, spikes are exempt from this critique as I found they were all decent from a intrumental perspective and good also lyrically. However, I found Hot head, Houdini, and 80808 to hold a certain level **** lyrically that I doubt many other artists could replicate such poor lyrical talent and still earn such respect and credibility from their listeners. When Mc ride raps women flock to them and their camels increase and I sit and wonder why? Put on Clipping. Put on Dälek Put Jpegmafia. Ho99o9 , or Danny brown. **** even Kanye has more lyrical thought than Death grips it's depressing what Experimental Hip hop fans find good these days

UU confirmed better than DAMN by fantano.

kendrick has been mentioning god since the beginning you fucking retard, it has nothing to do with that

GKMC and TPAB have great song replayability for me. I don't want to hear Kendrick sing corny lines on damn

I'm a huge hip-hop fan (like 80% of what I listen to) and I completely agree. TPAB is objectively the better album, but DAMN is a much more enjoyable listening experience.

This. While TPAB was a great political album and was very much needed in the genre, I can relate to DAMN a lot more.

the album has shit mixing and everyone is just ignoring it

uneven i would say, some tracks are decent, some have that shit trap mixing that is hot rigth now, some are complete shit, but comparing it to GKMC and TPAB it is shit

absolutely agree

Why dont you Kendrick's dickriders dont listen to only top 40 if think contrarianism is something bad?

yeah, seriously this

the entire country losing their minds over a nasally manlet rapper with B+ lyrics and C+ production is essentially the entirety of the "whats wrong with this picture" here

like what about kendricks music warrants it being shoved down the entire country's throat 24/7, it really isnt THAT good

Their contribution is minor and that song is one of the best on the album

>A record of the same sounding shit got a 9
>A record of inconsistent yet differing songs on an overall good theme and album gets a 7
You're confusin me antwon

He's not wrong, those are the low-lights. Also thought the poem repeating shit was mostly repetitive (idc if it was supposed to be) and the only good positioning of that was right before Momma when he said came back home and that was a theme in the song Momma.

Pitchfork lost all credibility a while ago but everyone here should've known how horrible they were when they gave TLOP a 9

THIS

I disagree with one of those statements

Yeah that's why I can't take him seriously anymore. UU was b-sides so it was excusable but this it being apparently better than DAMN. is not

And I don't want to hear him rap about black-power political shit on TPAB. However that's not all that's on TPAB, right? He's not just singing corny lines on DAMN. retard

wow melon finally got it right