I watched this movie and thought it was pretty cool and am interested what you guys think of it...

I watched this movie and thought it was pretty cool and am interested what you guys think of it. I guess I should watch Primer now.

I liked this movie a lot too. I'm still not 100% sure on it's meaning but it was beautiful to watch. It was like listening with your eyes.

I admit that after I finished it I read up on interviews and stuff to have a more solid footing on what I had just watched, but for the broad strokes I was actually bang on the money which felt pretty neat. One aspect I loved was that it kept me questioning pretty much everything and everyone throughout the whole movie.

Overly pretentious shit. Primer is good tho.

Sup Forums hates it because they didn't get it

Great film. I look forward to anything Carruth makes.

Carruth just needs some more experience(and more money) and he'll be the kubrick of this generation

I can appreciate that perspective. There were definitely times when I felt the camera work / editing were a bit much, but it does help you get into the headspace of the afflicted characters.

Let's just hope there's not another 8 year gap between his films.

I like a lot of it, especially the concepts and originality but I feel like certain small parts of the movie aren't enjoyable because they're incomprehensible or go nowhere. The whole thing with the guy recording audio has like 15 scenes that never effect the plot or are ever explored. Also I feel like a lot of the time Currath's dialogue in his movies always go on for way too long in an effort to seem realistic. I guess that's just his style but still... it gets repetitive.

If you liked the whole "drug/parasite that breaks down the sense of self" thing then I highly recommend the graphic novel BodyWorld. It was originally published online so I imagine you can still read it all for free. The tone is a lot more comedic than this movie but the way it depicts the melding of minds is really cool. The scene in Upstream Color where the two characters are arguing about which memories belonged to who is very similar to the type of thing that goes on in BodyWorld.

Cool thanks for the rec. That was probably the most ejoyable part of the movie for me. Next to the whole pig mind switch cure thing.

Watched it twice. It was even better the second time around. You know notice all the little things.

You.. watched. This?
Movie and?
It was prettycool-
-thought?
Am?
Interested what
What
guess?
Guess should watch Primer now.
Should.
Guess? Should.

Took me a second to get the joke. When I did, I must admit, I had myself a good chuckle.I typically don't find 'internet humor' especially amusing or relatable, in fact it took me years to figure out what an 'youtube' was. Nonetheless, in today's bitter political climate, I find solace in a little bit of an injection of humor into this crazy world. Anyways, good job, hope to see more of this in the future.

All I see when watching UC is shane making primer.

He is the composer, and his movies are the link he has with people.

I don't know why I have that notion, and I know its extremely unlikely to be actually relevant to the films theme, but it's all I see and I honestly love it.

Yeah I know what you mean. The recordings did come into play in that it was how the main characters found him, but they didn't necessarily need to have so much of it. I view that stuff as a sort of red herring to keep you on your toes, but I can see why that might not be a satisfying interpretation.

Interesting thoughts. The sampler was a really intriguing character to me and I wish they had done a bit more with him in some ways. For most of the movie I was convinced he was a previous victim and was showing what the main characters would end up like in the future. Which I guess might still be true, but from what I've read in interviews I don't think it is.

I never got the notion that he was a previous victim, just another cog.

The horticulturalists, the robber, the victims and the sampler all unknowingly exist within the lifecycle of the organism without ever seeing the whole picture.

Yeah that is what it is, that was just one theory that was bopping around my head mid-movie. He was a lot more detached than the other non-victims in the movie and the way he'd skulk around them made me think of it (this was of course before I realized he was peering into their lives through the pigs)

Hope he gets the modern ocean out soon

Doubt we'll see it for a year or so.

Even that seems optimistic to me

It's already a year now since the first announcements. If it keeps dragging on it may just go the way of Topiary and be shelved forever.

i couldnt figure out what the sampler/pig farmer's game was. how did the parasite relate to his music? he obviously used the one to help create the other but i couldnt figure out how.

I thought they were already filming