Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc
youtube.com/watch?v=IRcMVMeXPQ4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Erectile dysfunction

>wizard
>penis

nope

All the same reasons Dr. Manhattan was an asshole.

Yes, yes, well done Bilbo, well done Bilbo

HOWEVER

im going to have to take your ring

because hes a fucking immortal

yes yes, well done Gandalf, well done Gandalf

HOWEVER

Hobbit Gandalf >>> FOTR Gandalf >>>>>>>> White Wizard

You came to the wrong hood motherfucker.

Does dual wielding give you more power in the LOTR universe?

Didn't want/have to put up with anyones shit

What ring did saruman make? He calls himself ring maker yet we never found out what his ring did

It makes it easier to hold the staff while you unleash power, especially if you're a white wizard
Of course its useless on saruman since he changed his title

what if you use the staff to make a wooden hand and replace your hand and then use that to hold another staff making it 3
would you become the most powerful magic to ever exist?

No, you get penalties to hit rolls in both main hand and off-hand. You would need two-weapon feats and high dexterity to be as good as one weapon style. Maybe if the off-hand weapon had good combat bonuses it would be worth it at lower levels.

>he calls himself a ring maker
when? that never happens

Happens in the books friendo

Are you retarded?

youtube.com/watch?v=KaqC5FnvAEc

Because the movie has a hard time defining their powers?

He was just learning to make rings, but needed the One to complete his own. At any rate, Tolkien wrote on the foreword that, had the books been inspired by real life war, Saruman would have found the missing information in mordor and created his own ring

Why did Gandalf always leaves bilbo and dwarfs on their own? What urge business he had?

Had to sling some of that hobbit grass.

Sauron's Cabinet

Gandalf was a very long-term guy.

I mean this is the person who set the stage and played both sides to create a massive war that cost thousands of lives on both sides, all so that Sauron would be too distracted to notice the ring being moved from Rivendell to Mt. Doom

For one thing, Bilbo could take care of business on his own

>movie watchers

when will they learn

Remember rabbit sled guy saying shit was fucked ? Gandalf left to jack up some necromancers.

Keep in mind that in the time between Gandalf telling Frodo to keep the ring safe with him in the Shire, leaving for Gondor to research and find out if the ring is THE ring, and comes back panicked going "do you still have it?", seventeen years passed according to the book, and Frodo was now 50.

youtube.com/watch?v=IRcMVMeXPQ4

required viewing

>Gandalf raping day

How many people have to be redirected to the Tolkien letters. He answered this back in the 60s when people asked him the exact eagle question, and the answer is

>he didn't think of it at the time
>even if he had, most likely the eagles would've said no

yes but because it was the ring frodo knew exactly what he meant

fgt, forgot it, anyway he made it himself who knows maybe it helped him with his fancy new robe, didn't help much at end of TT, and I don't think its mentioned in scouring of the shire, but clearly I haven't read them in a while if I forgot the ring-maker part of the robe of many colors speech

you don't seem to have read the books so i'm just assuming you are

He also called himself of many colours but only wore white, he was just a bit of a dick

>but only wore white

haha

No i just mean, the movie makes it seem like he was gone a month, not almost 2 decades.

shitty wizard

This is how he was described in the book, with his robe seemingly having the colors woven together.

The most powerful magic to ever exist uses 4 hands

Forgot the passage from the book

>“For I am Saruman the Wise, Saruman Ring-maker, Saruman of Many Colours!'
>I looked then and saw that his robes, which had seemed white, were not so, but were woven of all colours, and if he moved they shimmered and changed hue so that the eye was bewildered."

Who was the most powerful gay wizard: Suraman or Dumbledore?

Put yourself in his situation
>be this all-powerful and all-knowledgeful demigod being
>be fucking Maiar and Elven bitches all day erry day in the great beautiful gardens of Irmo on basically paradise
>have your own estate to study in and shit without a care in the world at all
>suddeny your Boss tells you that you need to go to this shithole called Middle-earth
>its filled with Orcs, Goblins, Trolls and shit and that guy Mairon whom betrayed your homies is apparently a Dark Lord over there amassing armies and recruting the former lieutenants of Morgoth to his cause
>your Job is to try convince people to fight him over there, eventhough the humans are weak, elves don't give a fuck and are leaving and the dwarves are too busy being jews
>you are to appear as some ugly old hobo
>you are only allowed to use a fraction of your real powers
>you are now stuck with a bunch of manlets and addicted to their weed

Ian McKellan

Remember this was written in the 20s, rainbows didn't mean gay back then.

On a symbolic level it shows a loss of purity (single white to muddled), and a desire to rule all things, not just the white. It also shows his change in character, mainly he is willing to destroy something to understand it, or gain knowledge. He is saying, "I am no longer the leader of the White Council tasked to confront Sauron. I am now ruler of all things, and I will copy the works of Sauron."

Isn't Sauron an orc in Warcraft?

There isn't even a Sauron in Warcraft. And this is what Sauron in LotR looks like under his helmet.

Ok who would win Sauron or Arthas

No idea.

Keep in mind that Sauron is a Maiar like Gandalf and Saruman. One of the wizards who act the role of angels on Middle-Earth for the gods, he was just fallen. He used to be known as Sauron the Black.

what the fuck?
who fucking cares?

Ancalagon

Underrated

fuckin poetry

>there will never be a film that shows the elf king fighting Ultra-Satan in hand to hand combat, getting completely destroyed because no shit, he's Satan, but looking like a total badass even when you lose

Why does he wear plate armor and Gandalf doesn't. Was he a paladin when he was an angel?

It's to show his preference of using the tools of man over the protection given to him by the gods

this desu
/out/

deep. there should be a Sauron spin off netflix original

The Silmarillion is basically unfilmable, it simply doesn't work in film's format.

Hell it barely works in book format, it's mostly just poems and songs.

meant to reply to

It's okay. I enjoyed my (you).

Well it IS just a bunch of different shit taped together to give a semblance of a story by the son of the author

God bless Christopher, he really tries his best, but he had no fucking clue what John was trying to create before he died.

>Tolkien fought in WW1
>he and his friends, the 4 of them went off to war together
>only Tolkien made it back to england from the trenches alive
>tfw you realize the hobbits are if Tolkien and his friends all made it back home

>tolkien is actaully golem

This,
>get to Middle Earth excited to join with the other wizards to make everything better
>Gandalf only wants to smoke hobbit weed
>Radagast is a disgusting hippy who is incompetent as all hell
>your other two wizards fuck off to the East and are never heard from again
>everyone is constantly fucking up the simplest tasks
>Sauron shows up again, everyone acts surprised even though you told them it would happen like 1,000 years ago
>by some miracle of luck a midget finds his magic ring
>Gandalf wants to take it to where Sauron lives
I'd snap too, Saruman is basically everyone's whipping boy.

No he's Frodo, and Sam is explicitly his brother who was a farmer.

He had to deal with retarded hobbits and dwarves who were constantly fucking up. It's enough to piss anyone off.

I think a film series could be done, but it would be some convoluted harry potter type deal with like a dozen movies and even more hollywood bullshit and bastardizing to make it more appealing. It has some really cool characters and that alone is worth exploring if done properly, but I don't think anyone would be able to do something of such magnitude so well.

Nope. Read your gollum lore.

I thought by the time of the war of the ring he would be all corrupted and ugly and shit

he was a big eyeball LOL

We don't exactly get a good look at the guy.

That's another interesting change from the books. In the films he's just a spirit, a fiery eye. In the books he's very much still alive, but essentially powerless and missing a couple fingers on one hand. Gollum actually sees Sauron face-to-face when he's being tortured for the ring's location.

>but I don't think anyone would be able to do something of such magnitude so well.

You're also forgetting that it would confuse the living fuck out of most people, if not bore them.

That's a glamour, he used it so they'd make his stupid fucking rings

It would be confusing as all fuck with all the names and noble elf kids and shit, but god damn glaurung would be an awesome character to see on screen. I don't see how they could possibly do acnalagon, or the kingdoms of the old elves and heaven justice though.

I meant confused in how it loves to jump around.

Think of it as a roleplaying game session. Gandalf is a DMPC (Dungeon Master Personal Cock). He serves to move the players and plot along. Sometimes his actions are illogical or dickish but the DM is tired of the players faffing around or being edgy shits.

>you are only allowed to use a fraction of your real powers

And yet he beat the Balrog, one of the few remaining superpowerful creatures from the old age, using just that fraction.

He used cheatengine

No the gods used cheatengine after he died fighting the thing. He legit fought it "from the deepest cave to the highest peak in middle-earth"

yes but you can take the basic story and turn it into a film or really a bunch of films

i like to think he was granted full use of his powers once they were out of sight from everyone

He's not attacking him in melêe combat, memelord

I don't know but he travelled distances that would and did take literal months and years in the novels within the span of days and hours in the movies. This was before he had Shadowfax to show him the meaning of haste and don't even start on Sylvester McCoy and his dumb rabbit sled.

Legolas and She-elf do it in Hobbit 3, just a 6 hour jolly romp roundtrip to the gates of Angband and back to Erebor.

He literally gathered the host of all the greatest fighting men and heroes of middle earth and set them on a suicide mission to buy The Hobbit™ more time to reach Orodruin.

I have not passed through fire and death to bandy crooked words with a witless worm!

>by some miracle of luck a midget finds his magic ring

The Ring has a will of its own. It abandoned Gollum sensing the amassing of Power in the East.

Very good, Ring. Very good.

HOWEVER

Gandalf placed Bilbo in it's path to find it. Gandalf playing the long-con as always, outsmarts the Ring and neuters Sauron's resurgence in Dol Guldur. He forces Sauron to show his hand and stops any chance of a Mordorian blitzkrieg

He had shit to do, nigga

>gandalf knew bilbo had a ring of power for something like 60 years and did nothing about it
>if gandalf wasn't a total dumbass he could have destroyed the ring of power before sauron returned and put an end to the battle for middle earth before it even began

He was stripped of his angelic countenance as punishment during fall of Numenor, such that he may never again take a graceful form in the eyes of men

>tired of the players faffing around

That's how I felt with Tom Bombadil and his forest of faggotry

>permission of the king

Gondor has no king. Gondor needs no king.

so you are saying that Jude Law is behind it all?

Nowhere does it say that Saruman was a ring maker you autist

He most likely thought it was one of the lost rings that belonged to the Dwarves, given that the White Councils expert on ring-lore, Saruman, had assured everyone that the One Ring was lost forever.

2 things you have to keep in mind.

>he wrote the Hobbit as a bedtime story for his children and it was just a magic ring there
>everyone assumed the ring had been lost to the world. I mean Sauron was defeated what, 3000 years ago? SOMEONE would have found it and used it for power.

What happened to the Numenor is like the epitome of butthurt to the gods.

Would you have expected it?