The same sexist manbabies criticizing Ghostbusters (which was fantastic by the way) are now crying over Sulu being gay...

The same sexist manbabies criticizing Ghostbusters (which was fantastic by the way) are now crying over Sulu being gay. Get over yourselves, no one cares about your homophobia. I'll probably watch this movie 3 more times just to spite the haters.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

wow your narrative doesnt hold up when the original sulu doesn't like it either does it now you big dumb loser wow look i bet you have a small penis or maybe small boobs and you feel insecure about your manlyness or womanlyness either either you know? fucking pathetic... kid...

That one, maybe two scenes with the guy didn't ruin the whole thing at all.

Plus, the girl who becomes the Enterprise-B's helmsman in Generations is there, so they retain some continuity.

You're a walking disease vector.

In Generations she's in her twenties, but this movie is 30 years before Generations so she'll be in her thirties instead. Not the same person.

wtf I hate Star Trek now.

there's this historic thing in hollywood where asians are only allowed to be depicted as weak or effeminate. (see the whole small dick thing South Park parodied)

Sulu was different. He was a fucking man. Now they've turned him into just a dumb racist chinaman stereotype.

It's just retarded when there was a lot of characters they could've made gay

>The same sexist manbabies
Nice try bait

oh my !
im in a tub btw

takei thought it was retarded

>acknowledging Generations in any way, shape, or form

DROP A BRIDGE ON IT

Knowing this makes me happy

>take something that already exists and is established
>change something to make it more "progressive"
>throw a shitfit when fans get angry because of your lame attempts at pushing an agenda

why can't feminists do something new and original, why do they always have to leech on something that's already popular?

If it were because of homophobia, wouldn't people be mad that Spock is played by an openly gay man?

Seems like people are mad because they're not respecting the source material and pandering.

>TOS-Sulu is not pleased with New-Sulu being gay
>TOS-Sulu is gay

that's gotta matter though.

>jokes on you shitlords I gave them all my money
Holy kek

>Crying over Sulu being gay
>Original played by a gay guy

Literally, who the fuck is complaining?

>"You're gay so your character is gay too, because that's all that we know about you! You thought that you were playing him straight, but he's actually gay, because you're such a bad actor that your gayness shone through!"
Wow, he should feel so honored.

t. Tumbler

>homophobia

Why do so many faggots delude themselves with the notion that straight men are "afraid" of homos?

You stupid morons. Disgust does not equal fear.

Mentally healthy people aren't obliged to accept perversion as the new norm just because a bunch of faggots want them to.

Go back to licking your urinals in private. The rest of us are quite sick of having to look at you.

not against homosexual characters who are well written and have a legitimate purpose for being in the story.. what i am against is needless sjw pandering though

Takei, who said it was Bullshit pandering

Takei is pretty rad, all things considered. He didn't even like this change, he thinks that sticking to the original vision of Sulu is better than pandering. He is of the correct opinion that there is plenty of room for NEW characters who can be gay. Hijacking characters to advance agendas doesn't help anything and is fucking pointless. It's the writer literally patting himself on the back to show how inclusive and tolerant he is, imagining it as some sort of tribute to Takei.
it's not the biggest deal in the world but it's fucking stupid. No one actually cares that much as hardcore trekkies/trekkers/whatever aren't even that big on the reboots and imagine it as an alternate bizarro universe anyhow. Normies certainly don't give a fuck but also don't appreciate agendas cockshoved down their throats (see ghostbusters).
It's Star Trek, easily the most inclusive mainstream franchise around. Someone very faggoty is trying hard to solve a problem that isn't there.

This. Sulu has existed as a character for 50 years. As far as I'm aware his sexuality was never touched on.

Now purely because it's the CURRENT YEAR this shit gets shoehorned in along with a hundred of other examples across all media.

I wouldn't have batted an eyelid if George had come out earlier and requested they work a throwaway line into one of the older movies where he mentioned a husband or something, because that would have seemed genuinely progressive.

Instead we get the usual guilty majority deciding what's best for their pet minorities and rightly getting told to fuck off.

How does this theory explain lesbians or trannies?

Ghostbusters-related Post:

It doesn't.

Here's your answer.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gender_dysphoria

I CANT STAND IT

But it's the future, most physical and mental illnesses are cured. It doesn't make sense for there to be a gay.