Can you get fired for being a racist?

can you get fired for being a racist?

i had my wallpaper at work set to a Richard Spencer picture and someone turned me in, and now I've got a meeting with the HR lady tomorrow

Claim you set your system to display random images from the net/somewhere as wallpapers.

Wow, people don't like you for being openly racist?? What a surprise!!!!!!!!!

>my wallpaper at work
Why?

Most states don't even need a reason to fire you thanks to Republicans.

This.
Being a racist is one thing. But you're obviously fucking stupid for pulling shit like that at work.

lol, you're an idiot

Nothing more American than kicking fascist ass.

No, but they can easily cook up some other reason. Also, being openly racist will probably disturb workplace moral and that is definitely a reason to fire you. You're an HR nightmare and company liability waiting to happen.

You can be fired for any reason
Whether you have legal recourse depends on the reasons and circumstances
Just displaying some guy's picture sounds innocuous but you probably will be justly fired

Most companies have some sort of diversity policy. This is viewed as workplace harassment and probably a terminable offense. I would strongly suggest pleading ignorance. Maybe find a quote by the person that is not controversial (I have no idea who this person is) and say I read that somewhere and put their picture on my comp for a while, I didn't realize xyz. Ignorance is your best defense.

>Everything you say in this meeting should be I didn't know, I didn't realize, I'm not that kind of person, I'll remove it immediately, I have no idea who this person is because I'm not that kind of person.

Say someone must have done it as a prank

I was an HR nightmare when I used 800 hrs of intermittent FMLA time before anyone bothered saying I couldn't

In some states, sure.

Regardless of what state you are in.... they will find a different reason to fire you.

Also, fuck you. Racist piece of shit.

tell them youre a homo and you just thought he was sexy without checking his background, problem solved

HR personnel are literally professional SJWs so yes

the one way you can salvage it is by faking distress and pleading for your job culminating in a "coming out" where you reveal you just thought he was an attractive guy and didn't really know who he was. You'll probably keep your job, get a raise and definitely not get fired.

>racist

>i had my wallpaper at work set to a Richard Spencer picture

rofl, fucking cucks these days

>Everything you say in this meeting should be I didn't know, I didn't realize, I'm not that kind of person, I'll remove it immediately, I have no idea who this person is because I'm not that kind of person.

next question
>if you have no idea who this person is, why did you set it as your wallpaper

Say it's so you could punch your computer to relieve stress.

this has not been my experience what-so-ever and i imagine I have more experience then you have

HR personell dont give a fuck about you or your issue they just dont want you to be able to sue them

kek

>pisful ethnig glensing :DDDD

I don't diagrre with you, but why would you set such a wallpaper at work? That's quite a high level of retardation almost nigger level. You're a disgrace to all whites.

I'm so sure this really happened and isn't just a bullshit story to stir of controversy.

Okay user, we've established you're an Idiot.

Next thing- if you're in a right to work state, you're royally fucked unless you plead ignorance like crazy and grovel really really well. If you're ina state where the GOP hasn't sodomized the labor laws yet, you will probably be alright as long as you don't have a track record of this kind of shit.

Dude , let this be a lesson-learned. Keep all that nazi stuff at home. It'll get you shitcanned quick at work.

Just tell her you're homosexual. HR-ladies love the gays.

this and the person who said that you do a randomized desk top background (unless it was your background for a long time and the person saw) are both smart things

you can ignore the person who is saying shit about they will call you out on being stupid

i have worked with so many people who got away with shit for so long by acting stupid

you wanted me to do what??? oh i thought you just meant!! sorrry!!!

wow man thats faggoty

This is true

Does having a Richard Spencer wallpaper automatically make you racist?

>controversy
>Sup Forums

so now im going to have to tell everyone at work im gay? i fucking hate faggots though

now you'll have lots of free time to complain about "white oppression" on the internet

well why would you have a picture of him (knowing who he is) without supporting him?

If you get an argument ask, "Would you rather I put up pics of heavily muscled guys with deliciously erect cocks?"

>Mmmmm....deliciously erect cocks...

Not if you have picture up, ironically.

Sort of like those Che shirts.

This response can be used for any workplace argument, not just OP's Situation

depends on the company. my company openly encourages racists to speak freely. it's just good to know where people stand. I called my jewish boss a filthy kike and got a 5k raise, so it's pretty cool

literally can't lose if you do this
You literally instantly become more of a victim than the poor FEMALE HR worker.

It is impossible to fire you if you do as they'd be homophobic.

You do understand that right to work has nothing to do with terminable offenses. It says you have the right to not join a union. People know this right?

Isn't he just a right wing shitlord with a penchant for pepe memes?
An acquaintance of mine used to have a t-shirt with a picture of Che on it, the text under it said "cli Che".

>I have more experience then you have
"than"

he is a founder of a white supremacist think tank. bit further along than your standard meme loving fuck

LOL unless you are a protected class from discrimination, yes you can be fired. Hell, I've been purging racists and Trump supporters from my business for a little while now. When one of these cockroaches tells me that I'm breaking the law and are going to sue, I laugh hysterically because there's no Federal law prohibiting me from discrimination on political views.

Go in to the meeting asking what's wrong with having pictures of Daniel Brühl? He was awesome as Baron Zemo in that Captain America movie.

I hate when morons say right to work when it's at will they are actually referring to.

Doing god's work.

Claim that you thought it was a pic of someone else or a scene from a movie.

Just say you liked his style and wanted motivation to emulate it.

Or guaranteed out, just say you're homo and have gay crush on him.

>Most states don't even need a reason to fire you thanks to Republicans.

Exactly this.

Live by the corporation. Die by the corporation.

Merry fucking unemployment. I hope you get bitter and stay bitter.

Those laws were in effect since Democrats were in power.

Is that a thorny crown on him?
To be honest, I don't know much about him, I just know a couple of neets larping as revolutionaries punched him.

Go to meeting in full Nazi outfit. Pull out a revolver and start rubbing the barrel with a cloth as though to clean it. Look them straight in the fuckin eyes. Be proud of your heritage, they will respect and fear you. Time to remember that you are a proud white male and quit denying your role in society.

I've been purging racists and Trump supporters from my business for a little while now.

Jack Dorsey, is that you?

Well, the faggots are gonna save your ass once you join them in title. You don't actually have to go out and suck dick. Plus, if anyone makes an issue out of your sexuality you can sue their ass and win! Then you can buy a ranch in NC and invite Pewdepie and the rest of your racist Nazi friends and have a massive orgy.

are you implying there isn't controversy on Sup Forums? are you stupid?

yes, the person paying you can stop for any reason they like.

why would u set another man as ur wallpaper? fucking faggot.

They can't but if you display something that might offend someone else they can fire you for that. It's like if you had a poster that said people who eat oranges are evil, it's rocking the boat.
Office policy pretty much everywhere is to hide your power level and leave politics out of everything. This woman was being a snoop but you should be better about hiding stuff.
Use something cool like this as a wallpaper instead. I have a giant picture of a bee as mine.

>having a political view is grounds for loss of livelyhood
While as Nazi/Soviet/Leftist as that may seem you ARE an employee and on company time. More importantly why is anyone concerned with your wallpaper as opposed to your work?

>best reason ever

do it, they are homophobic to say no. and keep even the most slightly suggestible internet culture out of work.

dumb ass.

Don't ruin the "everything is republicans/trumps" fault narrative.

You're going to make people go back to de-stressing with their play-doh and circle jerking.

Thanks user. I won't stop until they are all unemployed and commit suicide. I'm in an association of 23 other businesses in various industries and most of us are discriminating against Trump supporters. We have excellent legal counsel that handle these faggots when they try and file civil suit for wrongful termination. We have won every single case without even having to go to court because what we are doing is not illegal.

White Supremacy isn't a political view, its a racial view

Yawn.

Stupidity doesn't become you.

Remember when you applied for the job? That little section right before you sign your name that said they could fire you for any reason?

Make sure not to claim unemployment and be a welfare liberal whore.

>can you get fired for being a racist?

Ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.

Ha ha ha hahahahahaha.

Oh my god.

Yes, you fucking moron. Yes.

Be bland at work and maintain.
Be loved at work and advance.
Be an ignorant dipshit at work and get fired.

It is kind of shitty though, I dislike Trump as much as the next guy, but how would be reacting if the circumstances were reversed and people were being fired for voting Hillary?

>people were being fired for voting Hillary

They are.

no actual response to that then?

only if you are white

Jesus the cringe.
>Tips swastika
>M'kampf

how fucking stupid are you? you should be fired on account of being so dumb.

Collecting unemployment means your employer has to pay more into it. Don't listen to that faggot. Start your own business selling Nazi memorabilia.

No. Not for you. Don't care enough about pretentious twits.

This user has your back. It's your best hope.

Though if you were my report I'd fire you. Not for being racist but for being a fucking problem causing, entitled and/or edgy fuckwit.

WHAT!! YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH GAY PEOPLE, HOMOPHOBE!?!

> See how this works OP?

Only whites can be racist.

A good life lesson that took me ages to adhere to was to fucking own up to your mistakes, be honest with the HR cunt and if you don't have a past of race related issues or disciplines... you're probably going to get a write up without being fired.

Try:

> Yes, I understand what my computer wallpaper is about, and I believe I have a right to my personal interests and beliefs, yet, I do not plan to act or speak on these beliefs in the workplace environment:
Moral: if you're going to be a pussy your entire life, you're going to get fucked like a pussy your entire life.

>implying Hillary supporters have jobs

thisfuck off and die, nigger

Well that's shitty too.
>Implying they aren't being paid for rioting in the streets.

He's right you know.

only people can be racist. therefore you are correct

"White Supremacy" is a term used by racist to judge their view

>Yawn.
>doesn't become you
>No. Not for you
>twits

yes, its me that's being pretentious that is obvious to me now,
clearly, believing that White>Black/Arab/Asian/etc is a belief firmly rooted in the political system and not your own personal bias.

I shall go and kill myself immediately for questioning you

>Well that's shitty too.

Yeah, well that's what happens when you've the Democrats sucking corporate cock ever since Clinton was President. There's been no serious improvement on labor at the national level for almost forty years.

I always thought it was a term of empowerment for an overtly insecure race of people.

Everyone can be racist, even if the calculation is prejudice + power and you have zero power, you still have the basis for racism which is prejudice.
Claiming that a group can't be racist unless it is systemic racism is asinine.
That is just degrees of racism even if the calculation is being taken serious.

actually yes you can. go back to taco bell faggot.

Trump will fix it!

Depends on the state. In some: absolutely, you little nazi shit.