What made Tim Burton think this scene was a good idea?

What made Tim Burton think this scene was a good idea?

youtube.com/watch?v=EB-fSOds9AU

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=AMD2TwRvuoU
youtube.com/watch?v=dcukDDDhuYk
youtube.com/watch?v=VRCM0jWEQjQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

PARTY MAN

PARTY MA HAN

Batman Returns was a far better movie

Uh, because it's awesome? Way more fun than eating veggies off a kabob.

They fucked up Penguin (still love Danny) but yeah it was fun

Batman Forever was best Batman movie.

youtube.com/watch?v=AMD2TwRvuoU

The 80s were a weird era man.

Funky Prince jams

it was hilarious. if Joker was a regular con man he would have stolen all those. also his right hand man carrying the boom box and dancing with him was awesome.

still would take them over "the current year" anyday

on the contrary, Danny elevated Penguin. Penguin was nothing more of a fat short con man, they made him monstrous in Returns

One of the best parts of the movie?

Fucking anti-art child.

I hope you Nolan babies fuck off back to facebook.

How can anyone watch this and seriously ask why anyone would work for the Joker. This scene is masterful.

It's such a shame Tim Burton didn't direct the others. 1989 and Returns are fucking great

for me its fine that Burton stopped with Returns. Those 2 Batmans will forever remain in my mind that has the best atmosphere, world, theme and Wayne of any Batman film. Burton perfectly showed Gotham as a wet, dark gloomy city with large statues and Wayne as a lonely autist waiting to put on the cape. What a great Batman for my childhood

>Nicole Kidman in her prime

Fuck yes.

Because it was a vicious critique of art and intelligentsia you fucking millennial twat.

Yeah god forbid the movie where some guy dressed like a bat who fights a clown be anything but dead serious all the time.

Such a serious and real premise should only be told in the darkest way possible.

N O L A N

Even as a kid a sortve cringed at this scene, it just came off very corny and stupid. Between the music, the way the goons were acting, it was just way too silly looking for me.

But yeah batman returns is still the GOAT batman movie so far for me, or basically tied with dark knight, both great but for different reasons.

>OPs scene is bad.

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=dcukDDDhuYk

>nothing
>will ever fucking come close
>to the
>fucking
>BAT
>CREDIT
>CARD

stop pretending you're a 90's kid millenial, you didn't watch this in the theatres fuck you

Because Burton was still young and full of fresh ideas so he made one of the most memorable scenes on the cape genre. Pure capekino

>What a great Batman for my childhood
Agree m8, I used to rewind those VHS tapes countless times. It confused my babysitter how I could sit still and watch movies for hours on end.

>implying i was talking about watching it in theater, you half of meatball.

I was born in 92, and my uncle showed me this when i was like 5 or 6, when I was obsessed with batman forever and the animated series. And said "this was his batman movie back in the day" and i remember seeing that scene and thought it just looked really cheesy looking.

This. As a 94 runt I thought I always got pumped during this scene. Something about the way the music syncs with their jiving gets me wanting to jump through the screen and join them. I hope Leto does something like this. Maybe he could sing even.

>key to the city
>a bad thing

I think everyone just misunderstood Schumacher

you just proved my point. seeing Joker dancing and destroying the art pieces was hilarious since the first act of Batman was Batman vs regular thugs who just wanted money, now you have a villain who doesn't care about money but just wants to destroy for the heck of it. its not cringy, you totally missed the point

What made Chris Nolan think this scene was a good idea?
'
youtube.com/watch?v=VRCM0jWEQjQ

Actually Penguin originally was supposed to be a parody of the upper class. Hes supposed to be one of Gothams strongest crime lords and is a dark mirror of what Bruce could have done with his vast wealth. Danny was just some weird sewer mutant who had more circus shit than the Joker. So while a fun portrayal, I wouldnt call it elevating the character

That's the best scene in the whole movie.

>They fucked up the Penguin
They didn't fuck him up, they just combined him with Killer Croc.

>maybe he could sing even
Music Meister in the DCU when ?

it was a big scene

Best thing about these movies is that the musical score was god tier and bled over to BTAS. I actually want a BvS Batman footage montage with the 89 theme

For the silent era

Your point was that im not a 90s millenial kid and i didnt see it in theater...

But yeah i got the message...but it doesnt stop the fact that it looked very corny and cringeworthy the way they were dancing around and painting stupid shit like "joker was here" It was a big time criminal doing like middle school crimes and dancing to michael jackson.

That's because when this film was made, comic movies were still made mostly for children. They weren't going to film Nicholson threatening a senator while holding a knife in his mouth and talking about his drunkard father that may have abused him.

Was this whole movie just a vehicle to sell Prince albums?

That wasn't bad, just ridiculous. What's bad is having Joker and his gang dancing around with a jambox and throwing paint on paintings like that's somehow a heinous crime.

Not as much as Highlander was for Queen. Which I don't mind, Prince and Queen are both awesome.

Don't do cocaine kids.

>a big time criminal doing like middle school crimes

That's who the Joker is, in case you haven't been paying attention for the past 50 years. It makes it that much more jarring when he just outright murders people on a whim after building himself up as a harmless prankster.

your looking at it the wrong way. I understand the character i get why he does the crazy stupid shit he does I know its in his character to do that. BUT the way this scene was done, it just looked corny. Like I like the idea of the scene but the final outcome of the way they filmed it just looked cheesy to me.

Throwing a bucket of acid on the Mona Lisa is literally equivalent to burning a big pile of money like in the Dark Knight returns.
It's actually pretty Joker-esque.

Just taking away value, money, beauty from the world without getting anything in return.

Except when they did it in the Dark Knight he didn't dance around with a jambox playing a Prince song along with a bunch of smiling gang members for an entire two minute scene. That scene is completely out of place and cringey, and no, I'm not a millenial, I was born in '81.

What's a cocaine kid?

also the whole mona lisa thing would make more sense if it were the original painting and not the 10000th copy of it

Can't believe it took this long for a decent rip of this scene to get on Youtube.

Aidan Gillen can't act for shit.

I always thought he was intentionally being random as fuck so his men would remain scared and obedient. He's all jokes one minute (entertaining the troops in the museum) but capricious and cruel the next (executing Bob for no reason)

the burton batman movies are incredibly overrated around here. they aren't good at all.

I'll look at it however I want, you piece of shit

fuck off millenial

I knew no other batman. i aint queer or nuthin but i just listened to this whole song with my legs crossed on my bed

they were in a museum...seems like a fair assumption most of those were originals