What did Sup Forums think?

what did Sup Forums think?

Goonies meets SIlent Hill meets Kojima, I absolutely adored it....

Great, now try talking about it without sounding like a faggot.

good, but the shills here are about to ruin it, since its not THAT good

Not good at all, overblown empty shit.

My take:
Eps 1-4 were great
5-7 meh
8 redeemed it

Prob won't watch the new seasons. It will get tiresome.

i belive one eight-episode season is too little to exploit the true potential of this show. when it generates enough content, backstory, mythology and all that becoming that type of show you sometimes visit it's over 800 archives wiki to avoid loosing any detail and read fan theories in between the seasons. then it will be a top show, for now it's ok.
the cast was amazing imo

Needed more Will, can't wait for s2

Several seasons in the works if they get renewed senpai. I'm fucking ready for it.

Just give me Mike and El slow dancing at the Snow ball dammit. I need her to be happy.

The monster was conjured by El's subconcious. It was her repressed masculinity, it lashed out at bull dykes and queers (barbara and will). And it liked to hunt animals (the deer, hunting was referenced as masculine by Johnathon).

El was more than likely born intersex/transgender as part of the complications with her birth. When she went into the sensory deprivation tank it wasn't some other being she contacted, it was another part of herself.

The ending was her coming to terms with her masculinity and embracing the monster as apart of herself.

This is one of the most clever LGBTIP+ pieces of media to date.

There's three monsters that represent the suppressed sexuality/gender identity of El, Barb and Will

El's powers created the monsters from the mind of people struggling with their sexuality.

Will is gay and his monster appears after he realizes his feelings for Mike at the start of the first episode. It is at Mikes house as shown by the flickering of the lights, but proceeds to follow Will home.

Barbara is lesbian and her monster appears after Nancy goes upstairs to have sex with Steve and she realizes Nancy will never love her the way she does.

El's monster is to do with her transgender issues and troubled childhood of not knowing what to identify as.

When El dies at the end the other monsters cease to exist.

The Upside Down world represents the cold and loneliness all of them felt in their inability to express their real selves.

Only watched the first two episodes but I've fallen hard for Nancy

>I need her to be happy.
this.
All I need is more of El being happy.
My heart needs it.

oh boy here we go again

It would seem the copy pasta has grown.

it is a bit over the top at times, maybe when the babby brothers get older they will show more restraint. overall, pretty good though ruined now and then by moments of excess.

Even though I hate you for pushing this shitty meme, I appreciate that you at least add on to your copypasta everytime with new points

this is dumb

>meets kojima
????
Literally nothing in show was like MGS

>El finds out you've been talking to other girls behind her back
>Your furious qt telepathic MKULTRA princess in a dress is coming straight for you like this

How fucked are you lads?

They shaved her head so ECG can better read her brain! What fucking masculinity?!

Why? She literally looks like a stick insect. No tits, no ass, and manly jaws. Da fuck

i hope she tears my cock off with her mind

Her eyes and smile are captivating. Don't insult a man's waifu

>Kojima
are you fucking serious? you realize that he just copies actual western movies, right? no unique ideas? you can't use him when discussing a film or tv show

spotted the fag

I will give you Nancy pics but she is my waifu bro dont even get close. Thank god Steve is fucking based

>chad
>based

what the hell is with the love for this show? episdoes 1 - 4 were boring as hell and the 80's teenage subplot was a pain to watch. did everyone enjoy this show just cause of the 80's references or what

Shut up faggot.

SHIT FUCK. LAST THREAD A GUY POSTED SOME NANCY PICS FOR ME AND APPARENTLY I JUST SAVED ONE.
SOMEONE HELP ME QUICK

Spotted the repressed faggot. Fucking her would be like fucking a prepubescent boy. Yuck bro

did anyone cry at the end of the episode 3?

I'm holding it in real hard right now, but its a losing battle

>chad
>based
That scene was disgusting

This pic is just a meme but it has spoilers and i care about everyone's enjoyment :)

Insecure betas detected
Steve did nothing wrong

I just want to know more about "the upside down."

The 80s stuff doesn't interest me.

sounds like you missed out on teenage love my man

>being attracted to a woman is gay
you should kill yourself. Clearly your mental illness is incurable

>episode 3?
what happened, remind me?

But Mike would never do that.

MY MAN
When will Johnafags ever understand?
Hurr durr johnathan kicked his crap. PFFFF Rematch fucking when? Steve and his bat skills fucking rekt an interdimensional being

Anyone else think this show would have been better if the loud mouthed nigglet wasn't in it or at least cast another nigglet that can speak without shouting all the time?

from netflix reviews, a majority of people like this show cause of the 80's references. my friends and I are just trying to figure out how this show got such high ratings on netflix and imdb and why EVERYONE love this

I think Barb died in that episode

For me it's entirely about the group of kids, the whole D&D party brings back memories, and El is cute, CUTE! Mike is lucky as fuck.

This beta white knights will never understand why Chad gets pussy while they dont...Women don't want a weird creepy fuck.

They want a man. They want a thick dick.

>starts as total chad
>actually falls in love with a girl
>his only friends make fun of him for that
>he tries to cover his true feelings
>completly psycho looking ugly dude spies on they fucking
>then he steals his girl
>be completly mad and let his only friend do something stupid
>realise what he done
>gets beaten
>fix the problem himself
>goes ask for forgivness
>save their lives
>fix other things he did wrong
>end up with the girl

>not based

You mean the bat that Johnathan expertly crafted? That bat, which otherwise would have done nothing to the monster?

Tumblr: The Netflix Series.

I absolutely did ;________;

the parts about the actual monster were interesting but like half of the first four episodes was about other boring shit. how did this show get such amazing reviews?

>people like things I don't and it's confusing

Too bad Jonathan was completely useless with the gun and the bat, and his only real skill was knowing how to use a lighter and a camera.

What a worthless cuck

>ywn experience young love like this
why was I even born ( ._.)

Yes the bat which he couldnt swing for his fucking life, the bat which even El could have made without any instructions and without powers

someone on netflix gave this show a 5/5 stars while saying IN THE REVIEW that it was slow and they skipped around. sorry if i don't understand these things

I watched the first 3 episodes and wasn't invested in any of the characters or the story. I doubt I'll finish it.

Barb is the only true waifu, Thicc redhead. If she dressed a tiny bit less modestly, more of you would have noticed her. Her death was a tragedy.

It was more like The Pelican Brief meets The Sixth Sense with hints of Antiques Roadshow and cosmic static.

haha but thats objectively wrong haha

>being this underaged where you don't get the 80s vibes
why are you children on this website

If you really think that 80's references are enough to make a show get raving reviews friggin everywhere then Hollywood would be much different wouldn't it?

Yeah...love those fat ginger bull dykes.

what the shit? How pleb can you be?

The first 4 episodes were great. 5-7 were weak, and 8 was great.

The setup, atmosphere, world and character building, and tension were all built up expertly in the first 4 episodes. We know parts of what is happening, but not all of it, and we get to see as the characters reveal what they know to us, while also discovering what we already know.

I could not ask for a better initial start to a mystery series with an emphasis on atmosphere.

Post more Nancys for me to get off to

Put yourself in the situation, senpai.

1980 was 36 years ago ya dummy

You know you want to Sup Forums.

Do it.

Shit was boring and slow, could've been compressed down to at most 3 episodes

Who /steve/ here?

Johnathan was blindside by a teleporting monster, nothing he could do to hid since he selflessly cut his hand, making himself a target. Steve was in the right place and time to surprise the monster. Did you forget who kicked his ass? It's only logical that Johnathan could take the monster easy if it did teleport right at his back.

bumpy

Knife is also being held upside down.

This stopped being lulzworthy about ten treads ago.

STEVE STEVE STEVE STEVE
Every scene with Johnathan and Nancy getting close would get me on the edge of my seat and cringing harder than anything paranormal related

Steve was based, but it made no sense to build up a relationship between Nancy and Jonathan if they weren't going to be more than friends.
In the end, while Steve was clearly the better man (Both made mistakes, but Steve actually went there and did his best to fix it, while Jonathan gave a half assed apology and played edgy just for the sake of being edgy) it made no sense for Nancy to go with him, 3 days (the time she spent with Jonathan) aren't enough for her to fall in love with Jonathan, but are certainly enough for her to give up on Steve, who was an asshole with her and her friend.

>3 days enough to forget someone you love
no

I can't man, if I put myself in the situation I'd be grossed out since I'd be with a 12 year old. I like it better when it's Mike and El, their romance plot line is cutesy af and every time there's a scene of it my heart melts.

>Love
>Teenager
>3 days for a teenager
>A short period of time
Got eat some eggos you huge faggot.

There is no love between Nancy and Steve, they fucked, then moved on. There was not a single scene where they shared a meaningful moment together. The scene right after they fucked shows just how bland and unloving their relationship is.

virgin detected

if they just wanted bang bang then yes 3 days is enough but of fucking course 3 days is very little time if they really liked each other which is what ultimately happens

>this faggot again

>meets SIlent Hill meets Kojima

they weren't really going for that...Koijma is influened by 80s movies not the other way around

come on buddy one day you will make it

>Not spotting the difference between fucking and making love.

Who is really the virgin?

not like steve actually feels bad for nancy when she is not there and his friends make fun of her.
or like he did something good for her and didn't even told her about.
or being nice after helping killing the monster and understanding everything.

could be wrong but I think claiming more and more tenuous influences has become a meme

See Yes she liked him, liked enough to fuck him what for an 80s girl means something, but love is such a fucking huge word, specially after h was an asshole with her.
I don't know why you're calling that nigga a virgin, i legit always cuddle with my girl when we fuck, that's how people show affection after fucking like animals, sorry no one ever loved you.

>needing to make love to not be virgin
>not knowing what is post-coital sleep

Next day he would just have said hi he went to conmfort her because she felt weird becuase she isnt used to having sex and its social implications then this

Please stop arguing and post more pics of my Nancy goddess

>Next day he would just have said hi
if he didnt care i meant to say
Do we need a long scene of them cuddling afterwards? She needded to get home quick or get assblasted by her parents
Also yeah love sometimes is very weird and it keeps on existing even after someone is a jerk with you

that's right, you cuddle and sleep (or at least rest).
(that's not shown if happen or not because the next scene is)
nancy get's up, and goes away because mommy issues

No we don't, that's not the point, the point is we get the exact opposite: Steve sleeping and ignoring her and she feeling bad about it.
It for sure didn't happen, she wouldn't feel cheap and be paranoid about other people knowing if he showed affection to her.

>teenage virgnial girls don't usually get paranoid before, during and after loosing their virginity
you never fucked a teenage virgin. right?

>What the fuck is a time skip?
Do you think he went to sleep extremely fast whitout even cuddling? Like she was sitting and he just fucking got knocked?
>Nerd girl without any experience is ashamed after inevitably the school gets the news that she fucked the popular chad
OH GEE WHO WOULD HAVE GUESSED

>e8
>redeemed it
Literally what about that ending was anything but trash?

>barb will never give you a lapdance and twerk that fat ass on you while "cherry pie" by warrant plays

the suffering is too much