So basically it's a movie where 90% of the cast acts intelligently and rationally given their situation...

So basically it's a movie where 90% of the cast acts intelligently and rationally given their situation, but get fucked over anyway because one guy is a huge asshole.

Such is life on a boat

Was the black guy repairing the ship's outside affected by the demons/whatever bullshit? Not counting seeing the gate open, of course.

>I have no intention of leaving her, Doctor. I will take the Lewis and Clark to a safe distance, and then I will launch TAC missiles at the Event Horizon until I'm satisfied she's vaporized. Fuck this ship!

Really that should be the standard response to anything resembling hell.

No, he just died due to shitty luck.

He didn't die, he got sent hurtling into space and made his way back with that suit air release bullshit. Thanks for clarifying he didn't experience the demon shit. It's always puzzled me that he serves no other purpose than repairing the ship.

He was too busy coming up with jokes about his dick to tell women to be affected

That guy lived, user. Unless you consider the door closing at the end a death sentence for everyone, that guy, the blonde kid that got spaced, and the chick lived.

He blasted his way back to the ship to get some of that snow bunny ass.

Shit you're right, he didn't die. It's been a while, I should rewatch it tonight.

This movie has no right to be as good as it is considering what else this director has made.

I rewatch it every few years. Really great movie.

Literally Sunshine, at least the first half before Icarus 1.

His reaction to the death of the crew is the greatest. Just a simple "we're leaving"

why the fuuck did this movie bomb?

You really think it could've competed with Titanic and Men In Black?

Normies can't handle a pure sci-fi movie.

romance movie vs sci fi kids film vs horror film?

should've worked fine

Because it was trash

shit opinion, end yourself

"Where we're going we don't need eyes to see"

I know he means sight beyond sight, but wouldn't hell be visually interesting to look at?

During the movie several scenes depicted the ship relaying imagery into their minds. So imagine a hellscape flooding your mind completely 24/7. That's why you didn't need eyes.

I'm still sad how lame the last third of the movie is compared to the first two

>sci fi movie
>suddenly hell and demons

I was just watching this again last week as well. Question guys: why do space movies set in the future always have Brits on American missions?

Neither of those happens. Like Sam Neill said, it's a dimension of pure chaos. It's just that the closest thing we have to that in common consciousness is hell.

It's The Warp in 40k

Technically Sam Neill is from NZ.

And I guess it's because they sound smarter when they talk.