ITT bands that would have been godtier if not for their shitty vocalist

>ITT bands that would have been godtier if not for their shitty vocalist

Rush

Definitely.

And things only got worse for Geddy over time. In the later days of Rush, he was struggling like crazy to hit the high notes. Almost embarrassing to watch and listen to.

Came here to say this, can't stand that fuckers voice. Every now and then I'll hear a Rush song mid-solo and be like, alright, this is pretty cool, who dis? Then the vocals come back and it's fucking Rush again.

true

at least Geddy could play something, Kiedis just flat out ruins his band's amazing sound with his garbage lyrics and shitty voice.

there's literally so many tracks where Frusicante produced amazing guitar work and it was ruined by his bullshit singing about doing coke, crying about girls or surfing in commiefornia

Nah, these guys just suck.

Yeah you are right out Geddy. The bands music was very original and the arrangements unique.
I have chopped up a lot of their stuff so as to exclude his vox. It's just too piercing and distracting..real shame that

are these fags the ones who try really hard to be "country" or whatever

They suck even with Kurt Cobain in the band!

Judas Preist because he became gay after a woman cucked him

>Kurt Cobain in the band
what

Share some?

he said he was gay from the start

Maybe he said that but it's also a known fact he had girlfriends when he was younger
He got cheated on and gave up on woman so he decided to become gay

Swallow the Sun
Gojira
Avenged Sevenfold (Don't lie to yourself, the composition and instrumentation of Stage is at least decent)

Not here user

Why not?

>Gojira
they're shit instrumentally AND vocally. and they have a really shitty name as well

Because i dont share with black people.

he's asking for the track, not your jizz cracker-ass wite boi

Monkey-ears are not worth of experiencing my art negroe.

>instrumentally

Hell no. Their riffs and drum patterns aren't the most unique, but they're utilized to produce a sound that's just so goddamn powerful and primal. They do what they do very well, but I will say that their new record, Magma, is a dud. Their debut kicked the shit out of it.

Do yourself a favour and learn how to use audacity or something like that.Make your own mix just the way you like it.

Kys. Rhcp is good and the vocals are fine unless you're 12

If someone already did it though why not just share? I'm not going to film school so I can see the next Captain America flick.

Cause everyone got time for that trailer-boy...

back the fuck up before you get smacked the fuck up whitey

-insert metal band here-

Haha negroe you cant intimidate ppl with violence on the interwebz, so what are you gonna do subhuman?

Fuck off 13 year old

marty friedman's anime metal is pretty cool desu

REM

Backtrack the IP. Consequences will never be the same.

checked
NOT HERE user don't you get it?

So what? I'm behind seven proxies you retard.

i'm gonna get one of my little homies to track you down, and then we're gonna pay you a little visit

Axl sounds like an old lady when he sings.

>implying black ppl know how to track me
Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Thank god someone said it, his voice is awful

understandable

fuck up, axl is guns 'n' roses nigger

Sounds like a cockatoo shitting razorblades

I like metal because it's a genre that conveys raw emotion very well, and clean vocals aren't always pleasing when trying to capture the aesthetic of something like anger, loss, depression, or pure mania. Think of the first metal bands that pop into your head after you post this and try to imagine their singles with clean vocals. I don't know about you, but it can be very difficult, if not impossible, for me. Criticism towards the pitch or dynamism of vocals, as well as any other instrument, is of course justified, but writing off harsh vocals entirely is a mistake.

I spent many years believing that weird al yankovic or whatever his name is was the singer in REM.This is not a joke

This cocksucker should be singing in a girls choir, not a band.

new order

Well no. There's a massive difference between "clean" and "frog farts" which SOME metal is. That is, some "yelling" is good and understandable.

In their 50s and still trying to look badass.

Fuck you magma is fantastic

I thought REM was a joke band for the longest time

Why is that album far quieter than all of their others? At least half of the decibels than all of the other albums. The same goes to compared to other artists.

This is more of a personal preference with me, as I hate harsh vocals in general. I love All That Remains instrumentally and when the singer is singing normally I think it sounds great. But then he will slip into angry screamo mode and it just kills my mood.

they all look like a bunch of flaming faggots rather than a metal band tbh

I remember going to some metal fest with my metalbros and there was a Japanese band playing there so we looked up their music before the show. Metalbro was like, dude it's crazy, it's like metal but I can't understand anything they're saying. I was like, dude, I can never understand what anyone is saying.

Because gojira are competant musicians who don't afraid of anything
>made some doom metal
>It's actually pretty good

stop projecting skippy

they would have been just another numetal CA band if not Serj

Defeats a purpose of music, then doesn't it.

Back to the original point of An example being that Shokran instrumental is godly. It highlights how good the instruments are in metal, but the vocals ruin the Shokran albums and easily can for metal too. Sadly, a lot of instrumental-only metal is experimental garbage.

How is Dream Theatre even considered metal? Honestly. Most of their stuff is extremely whiny and soft.

Not really. I don't speak Italian but I've enjoyed an opera.

It really isn't. It's not bad, but it's definitely their worst. I'm fine with bands evolving their sound, but "evolution" implies improvement, and Gojira didn't really improve any aspect of their sound with Magma. Joe's vocals in general are lackluster, but his cleans are especially so. It's not an issue with the presence clean vocals or a softer sound at all.

And they are most certainly not doom metal. Do you know what doom metal is?

>Serj Tankian

What a massive tool. Pussies like him have no place in rock, much less metal.

But with "insert metal band here", SOME is not the quantity you implied. I'm not a fan of pig squeals either, if that's what you mean by dog farts, but again, it's all about the aesthetic.

I don't think Megadeth would ever be the same without Mustaine. I personally like his voice.

Avenged Sevenfold has had almost all hits but two major misses. Hail To the King and Soundibg the Seventh Trumpet. I believe the singer (M. Shadows) isn't a terrible singer he just doesn't always fit the way the music is portrayed. I think back when the Rev was alive were some of the best drums I've heard from them. And the stage has accomplished most of the days of City of Evil Self-Titled and Nightmare. They also don't sound too bad live.

You're a retarded piece of shit if you think magma isn't doom.

It isn't. Objectively, and empirically, Gojira's "Magma" is not doom metal.

Are you thinking of that one single from Magma, Shooting Star?

kys, megadeth wouldn't even be megadeth without mustaine

>tool
I see what you did there ;-)

Bonus round: Bands that are godtier in spite of their shitty vocalist

billy corgan solo project is pretty shit without billy corgan though

So far I can think of the death metal band death,I like the shit on autopsy though

god how i hated that fagget's whinny annoying voice.

rage against the machine

even paul ryan likes them

Television
Pere Ubu
Mercury Rev
B-52's
>fight me

This.
1987-1993 Axl Rose was one of the most awesome and unique vocalists ever. Absolutely epic.