Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=obAtn6I5rbY
youtube.com/watch?v=SVIKF03KkVM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Found a Job or I Zimbra

Why the big suit?

stop making sense version of life during wartime

Remain in Light, full album

I mean truth be told Burning Down the House is an absolute banger. Most people who argue otherwise are just contrarians.

Could make an argument to most songs on Speaking in Tongues, or the first half of Remain in Light. Their version of Take Me to the River on The Name off This Band is Talking heads is a fucking banger as well.

I like symmetry and geometric shapes. I wanted my head to appear smaller, and the easiest way to do that was to make my body bigger. Because music is very physical, and sometimes the body understands it before the head.

this

Crosseyed And Painless (12" Long Version)

yuuup.

Burning Down the House. Think that was their first big mainstream hit, deserves it too.

If I pull that off will you die?

This Must be the Place.

their first mainstream hit was Psycho Killer

It's one of, if not their best song, but I wouldn't call it a banger. It's pretty soft. The lyrics are 11/10 though.

read his How Music Works if you wanna know the full story

it goes into japanese theatre and how everything on stage was bigger and a whole chapter on that kind of stuff and performance

I started reading that book when it came out but didn't get too far and got busy and forgot about it. Is it good?

Life During Wartime from Stop Making Sense

its really insightful

i got about 4/5th through but didnt finish it, though at the same time that I lost a potential bandmate and stopped wanting to make music

its great if youre interested in music/modern music history however

BORN UNDER PUNCHES

>17 replies
>no Once in a Lifetime

IT'S LITTT
youtube.com/watch?v=obAtn6I5rbY

>tfw the special version of the stop making sense album only restored the original mix for what a day that was and not the other tracks from the original version

The Big Country from The Name of This Band is Talking Heads

Slippery People Stop Making Sense version

the version live at rome is where it's really at

youtube.com/watch?v=SVIKF03KkVM

what a day that was

did someone say bangers?

kek

Before I started listening to TH the only song I knew was Psycho Killer. I always thought that was their most famous.

THIS

slippery people!!

Fair enough, guess it depends on your definition of banger. Glad you enjoy it though.

THE WORLD MOVES ON A WOMAN'S HIPS

autism

No one payed attention to him until he put on the suit.

This.

I thought this was their most famous song.

yeah, the overload is such a banger

most definitive banger =/= best

I ATE A ROCK FROM THE MOON

Toss up between the Stop Making Sense version of Life During Wartime (already hyped in this thread) and the same album's Girlfriend Is Better.

>and the same album's Girlfriend Is Better
Might wanna check that again buddy.

?

this. also david byrne was cool as hell then

That's a live album.
Life during wartime is from fear of music and girlfriend is better is from speaking in tongues.

they have better songs but TAKE A LOOK AT THESE HANDS

DAMN. THAT. TELEVISION. WHAT A BAD PICTURE.

Live in rome crosseyed and painless is next level too

Houses in Motion of course

Who'd like a banger in the mouth?

ITS NOT A MAJOR DISASTTTER

Once in a Lifetime is their definitive banger, everything else is contrarianism. Except No Compassion, which is their other best song.

god damn

Nothing but Flowers

This must be the place as its the only Talking heads song i can get behind.

its 10/10 tho.

>youtube.com/watch?v=obAtn6I5rbY
came here to post this
THIS AIN'T NO PARTY
THIS AIN'T NO DISCO
THISAIN'TNOFOOLINAROUUUND

That FUCKING BASSLINE

So jealous of my dad he got to see Adrian Belew in his prime. He went to Talking Heads and League of Gentlemen and King Crimson shows all the time. One time he danced with Robert Fripp in a crowd too. This was a great time

I
GET
WIIIIIIIILD,

WISEN UP

I JUST CAN'T LET GO

Pulled Up

He clearly means the Stop Making Sense version of Girlfriend is Better. English is objectively your second language.