Why does rap get so much critical acclaim these days? Is it from white guilt and slavery...

Why does rap get so much critical acclaim these days? Is it from white guilt and slavery? Because it is genuinely terrible and embarrassing to see intelligent people worshiping the absolute dumbest, trash in society.

It's fun to listen to

lol damn Cam'ron is the shit

whitey mad

posting from their iphones in jail

Think about who music critics are. They're typically geeky white betas and feminists. As the mainstream culture gets more radically liberal those politics infiltrate every aspect of society including popular music. Liberal whites are pushing minorities in all the arts. Look at what's winning Oscars this year.

What would be paraded if straight male alphas called the shots?

hair metal? jk, uhhh....white alpha males? woof...uhhh....probably rap music

This is going to sound crazy but hear me out.

People like hip-hop. A lot.
Beyond that, people like music you don't like.
That being said, it doesn't stop you from listening to what you like!

I know this is a lot at once so I'll give you some time to mull it over.

simply put there is a movement to be more inclusive and embracing of cultures outside of the previously almost exclusively white music world, and as such different standards have been established when it comes to evaluating music made by minorities or other ethnic groups. rap music isn't judged in the same way as other genres because it's viewed as music made by a group of people who are almost universally at a disadvantage, socially and economically speaking. this is why music that is specifically about things like racial divides, poverty, violence and crime are heralded as 'worldly,' in that they reflect the realities that many black or minority people live. The power of the message tends to outweigh the overall 'music' aspect of their art.

I'm not saying i agree with it necessarily but saying that rap music is all terrible is silly. like i said there is something to be appreciated in understanding someone else's struggle or plight. Tragedy goes back a long ways in art, obviously. Every genre of music is interpreted relatively. Your appreciation of classical music is relative to the standards that we set for what is 'good' or more specifically 'quality.' quality is a weird thing when you really put it under the microscope and the only thing we can really say concretely is that 'quality' is subjective and dependent on the individual and how they subconsciously or even consciously choose to interpret it.

At the end of the day i agree with the sentiment that a lot of rap music and trashy pop like the stuff Future or DJ Khaled put out is really awful, and that stuff that has something more compelling to say is more enjoyable, i can't really put myself in the place of someone who enjoys that stuff and i'm not going to disrespect them directly for it. I'll simply judge them silently and move on.

also Damn. is a 6/10

Because rock is fucking horrible now days.

I guess people are fans of bad grammar and ignorance.

I care.

Sounds like affirmative action

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

i mean you know

they like it

they like it

they like it

it's affirmative action that has happened organically within our culture. I'm not here to say if it's bad or good, i'm just saying what i think.

they like it

they like it

op is a cuck, only response needed

they like it

they like it.

they like it

they like it

would you really call cosmogramma hip-hop tho?

they like it

>almost exclusively white music world
Wtf are you talking about? You millenials love to play the victim. Black people have always been highly represented in American music. 20s-40s Jazz, blues, 60s r&b, doo-wop, 70s soul, 80s funk, 90s rap, holy shit shut your fucking crybaby ass up.

Stopped reading there by the way, liberal faggot.

they like it

>intelligent people worshiping the absolute dumbest, trash in society
Rock is pretty stupid

>muh can't listen to anything but classical and jazz
This is how you sound.

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

I looked it up it's listed as 10 different genres.
I'm counting it.

they like it

>Liberal whites
liberal jews you mean

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

So, basically what you mean, OP, is that you can't even count on five (5) fingers how many rap/hip hop albums you've listened to?

they like it

they like it

they like it

>previously almost exclusively white music world
When was this precisely? Seriously, how recently do you think it was that black musicians could not expect to be able to attain any mainstream credit?

Also, even when they couldn't, I doubt black people gave a fuck what whitey thought of their music. I'm not advocating separate but equal music industries, but there's literally no valid reason to push for blacks in the "white music world". Think about it, either blacks and whites just used to listen to different music, or there were in fact "two worlds", what you're pushing tacitly says there was just a white music world and nothing else, which kind of belittles turn of the century black culture imo.

>are almost universally at a disadvantage, socially and economically speaking.
nice meme

>in that they reflect the realities that many black or minority people live
*believe they live in. Just because Joe Bob thinks whites are being oppressed and sings about it doesn't make it so, and I invalidate all "lived experiences" equally.

>The power of the message tends to outweigh the overall 'music' aspect of their art.
Nothing warms my heart like the bigotry of low expectations. To Pimp a Butterfly was shit but lol he black and talkin bout real sheeeit amirite?

>the only thing we can really say concretely is that 'quality' is subjective
This is such a shit defense. People only trot it out when they've run out of good points to make about whatever they like.

>i'm not going to disrespect them
"Disrespect" isn't a verb you nigger

>I'll simply judge them silently
Love this meme where that isn't disrespectful.

mainstream music in western culture has always been white oriented. if you disagree with that i suggest you go look at the bestselling records of every decade. almost every bestselling record has been by a white band, michael jackson excluded of course.

the eagles
michael jackson
led zeppelin
pink floyd
billy joel
ac/dc
garth brooks
shania twain
fleetwood mac
the beatles
guns n roses
the beatles again
whitney houston (hey a black person)
boston
garth brooks again
hootie and the blowfish (technically black singer but cmon)
metallica
led zeppelin again
eagles again
elton john

below that we do get some more african american artists
bee gees (white mind you)
bob marley (black person #3)
bruce springsteen
journey
pink floyd again
santana (latino)
the beatles a third time
adele
backstreet boys
britney spears
garth brooks a third time
meat loaf
simon and garfunkel
backstreet boys again
bruce springsteen again
pearl jam
prince (black #4)
steve miller band
whitney houston again)
bon jovi
boyz II men (black group)
def leppard
dixie chicks (notice all the country by white people)
jewel
kenny g lol
kenny rogers
led zeppelin AGAIN
matchbox 20 surprised they're up this high
phil collins at #50

also im not a liberal. I was simply stating the facts. I barely like rap music at all. I do like blues and jazz a lot though

they like it

>"Disrespect" isn't a verb you nigger
what the fuck are you talking about

dis·re·spect
ˌdisrəˈspekt/
noun
lack of respect or courtesy.
"growing disrespect for the rule of law"
synonyms: contempt, lack of respect, scorn, disregard, disdain More
verb
show a lack of respect for; insult.
"a young brave who disrespects his elders"

also im not saying i am not disrespectful you tard. i'm not defending the pedestal that rap music is put on. I am simply being objective. thats how critics think, not me. learn how to read properly.

honestly a really good analysis
Those genres still didn't get a lot of exposure to a predominately white audience, definitely not to the level of hip-hop now

Are you still posting your fucking rap charts you no-life motherfucker?

If you use your eyes you might figure out the answer!

they like it

they like it

they like it

Here’s what I don’t get:

From a young age, I loved listening and watching people play music. I would play a casio keyboard in our house by ear to songs I liked. As soon as the schools let you play an instrument, I wanted to take up no less than 3. I wanted to try them all. Each one I heard I wanted to play. I wanted to learn how to create music, to do what I’d seen others do in my young amazed eyes.

Rap/hip-hop is bizarre because despite these “”artists”” becoming so prolific and famous, there are so few who give the slightest fuck about becoming a musician or even producing themselves. It’s crazy to me you call yourself a musical “artist” and yet you can’t play a single instrument, you have no chord progressions you wish to explore, no beats or rhythms beyond 4/4 snare backbeats, just “”””Verses”””” and “”””hooks””””....you’d think that if these people truly had a proclivity toward musical thought or invention, the genre would become incredibly stifling fairly quickly. And yet they continue on, putting on flashy clothes, jewelry, updating their instagrams, tweeting, not displaying the slightest curiosity to delve deeper into their artform. Instead the focus is elsewhere, the focus is on bullshit that is auxillery to the art. Nobody cares. Its not about sound or art, its about fame and status.

I never once played an instrument because I wanted to impress or display status, I simply wanted to see what I could do. I wanted to get deeper into my passion…...I never see this in hip-hop….it is shallow in the worst sense

they like it

Mm, they must have updated it in recent years to account for illiterates. The proper usage is "show disrespect to", not "to disrespect". Oh well.

>im not saying i am not disrespectful you tard
You literally said you couldn't bring yourself to show them disrespect "directly". Not sure what "indirect disrespect" is, but yeah keep creating hierarchies of rudeness to feel better.

>learn how to read properly
I can read just fine. "and that stuff that has something more compelling to say is more enjoyable", that's what you stated as your own opinion as opposed to the mainstream, and I disagree. Shit music with a strong message isn't any better as music than shit music with no message at all, they're both equally shit.

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

they like it

Here’s what I don’t understand:

From a young age, I loved listening and watching people play music. I would play a casio keyboard in our house by ear to songs I liked. As soon as the schools let you play an instrument, I wanted to take up no less than 3. I wanted to try them all. Each one I heard I wanted to play. I wanted to learn how to create music, to do what I’d seen others do in my young amazed eyes.

Rap/hip-hop is bizarre because despite these “”artists”” becoming so prolific and famous, there are so few who give the slightest fuck about becoming a musician or even producing themselves. It’s crazy to me you call yourself a musical “artist” and yet you can’t play a single instrument, you have no chord progressions you wish to explore, no beats or rhythms beyond 4/4 snare backbeats, just “”””Verses”””” and “”””hooks””””....you’d think that if these people truly had a proclivity toward musical thought or invention, the genre would become incredibly stifling fairly quickly. And yet they continue on, putting on flashy clothes, jewelry, updating their instagrams, tweeting, not displaying the slightest curiosity to delve deeper into their artform. Instead the focus is elsewhere, the focus is on bullshit that is auxillery to the art. Nobody cares. Its not about sound or art, its about fame and status.

I never once played an instrument because I wanted to impress or display status, I simply wanted to see what I could do. I wanted to get deeper into my passion…...I never see this in hip-hop….it is shallow in the worst sense

they like it

they like it

maybe it's because people like it and rap is the biggest international genre

they like it

they like it

>Rap/hip-hop is bizarre because despite these “”artists”” becoming so prolific and famous, there are so few who give the slightest fuck about becoming a musician or even producing themselves. It’s crazy to me you call yourself a musical “artist” and yet you can’t play a single instrument, you have no chord progressions you wish to explore, no beats or rhythms beyond 4/4 snare backbeats, just “”””Verses”””” and “”””hooks””””....you’d think that if these people truly had a proclivity toward musical thought or invention, the genre would become incredibly stifling fairly quickly. And yet they continue on, putting on flashy clothes, jewelry, updating their instagrams, tweeting, not displaying the slightest curiosity to delve deeper into their artform. Instead the focus is elsewhere, the focus is on bullshit that is auxillery to the art. Nobody cares. Its not about sound or art, its about fame and status.

they like it

you are a pedantic ass, you know that? I'm simply saying that I wouldn't go out of my way to say to another person that I disagree with the standards they set regarding the quality of the music they listen to. After all, it's fucking music. Who cares? I'm saying that internally I acknowledge that because I have different standards that I think are rational and reasonable that I think they are less intelligent than me. Anyone with common sense would've pieced that together, and only people looking for some small problem in an obviously larger message (seeking to discredit them) would be so picky. We're all people here, and I have no intent to spread negativity by means of bringing up completely autistic arguments with people i have no beef with.

they like it

they like it

they like it

you should listen to atmosphere and aesop rock

aesop rock is white for what its worth

you’d think that if these people truly had a proclivity toward musical thought or invention, the genre would become incredibly stifling fairly quickly. And yet they continue on, putting on flashy clothes, jewelry, updating their instagrams, tweeting, not displaying the slightest curiosity to delve deeper into their artform. Instead the focus is elsewhere, the focus is on bullshit that is auxillery to the art. Nobody cares. Its not about sound or art, its about fame and status.

they like it

country

they like it

they like it

they like it