Tfw helmets aren't mandatory for motorcycles in my state

>tfw helmets aren't mandatory for motorcycles in my state

stay less free cucked states and yurosharias

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/society/2016/mar/05/nhs-england-prepares-sugar-tax-banning-adverts-unhealthy-food
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_liberty
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Lmao.
Happy falling, m8.

>not using a helmet
Full retard.

not like yanks have anything to protect there

now I got why some murricans are so retarded

Actually, concept itself is pretty smart. It will control the population of retards somehow.

I don't fear it at all.

I am fully aware of the risks, it's called having the freedom to make your own decision.

Stay cucked, nanny state moron. Shouldn't you go back to raising your draconian taxes on alcohol and tobacco again?

We're trying our best to outdo the Russians but we haven't managed to succeed yet :^)

In countries with state funded healthcare your idiotic self endagerment will cost me money if you fall from that bike and require heavy surgery.

>retarded american

why bother posting this rubbish you joke of a man

>muh subsdized healthcare

Another reason why this cancer shouldn't exist in a free society. You have public health nazis who go batshit and ban, heavily restrict or tax the shit out of everything that poses the slightest bit of a health risk.

And I'm much more likely to die not wearing a helmet, dying earlier = saving health costs in the long run. It's why smokers cost less in health costs in the long run compared to the elderly the routinely live to fucking 86.

that*

>this is what americans ACTUALLY believe

Am I being baited?

Let's find common ground in agreeing that you dying earlier is a good thing.

why are americans so dumb?

It's empirically true you moron. Look at your massive nanny state that continues to jack up taxes on alcohol and cigs for example. It's because of muh nhs costs. They want to do it with sugary and fatty foods.

theguardian.com/society/2016/mar/05/nhs-england-prepares-sugar-tax-banning-adverts-unhealthy-food

I despise nanny states Nigel. I'd rather people pay for their own healthcare which in turn maximizes negative liberties.

>no rebuttal

Sad. Canada and Sweden (who unironically has some of the highest alcohol taxes) routinely clamp down on activities and behaviors that pose significant costs to your subsidized healthcare.

>in hospitals and other health centres from next month.

Why are you trying to make a blanket statement about alcohol in Canada? Are you seriously trying to tell me we're cucked when you cant even touch liquor until youre 21?

Every single province has a different liquor control board, so idk how you think canada has high liquor taxes since the feds literally dont control that idiot

I am not required to wear the helmet, but I do wear it.

You understand the idea, don't you? I can choose whether or not to be a danger to myself. I, by my own accord, choose safety.

>there are people on this board that support safety regulations and other authoritarian big government programs

I didn't make a blanket statement you idiot. Alcohol taxes in Canada are quite higher than here in my state where it's cheap as fuck.

Does the US have nanny laws like a 21 age limit to drink alcohol? Absolutely. Compared to every other developed country we are less nanny state aside from New York or California.

I can smoke indoors in bars that allow it in my state for fucks sake.

Lol at these nuts
>Thinking the government can do anything about the rising tide of obesity
It hasn't worked yet and it never will, obese people addicted to sugar will spend themselves into poverty instead of cutting it out

why are you proud about being able to smoke indoors and impose your cancer smoke on other people? you live in the least free country in the developed world and are grasping at straws with silly little civil safety & decency laws

>>Thinking the government can do anything about the rising tide of obesity

I bet the people of Best Korea know how well a government can stop obesity.

worked for smoking.

Because private property and you consent to being there. We also have many smoke free bars that you can fuck off to if you like.

>you live in the least free country in the developed world

You are clinically retarded. The US has the MOST negative liberties (not stupid leftist shit like positive liberties) of any developed country. Even hate speech is constitutionally protected here.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Negative_liberty

>not wearing a helmet
Law or not if you ever have a serious motorcycle crash you'd be quite fucked, and considering how much you're concerned with safety I'd say that isn't too unlikely.

smoking indoors is a freedom you stupid cunt

That's because smoking is not the same as a disease you get by eating the wrong things - primarily because 1) people NEED to eat to live, but do not need to smoke, and 2) to combat obesity also requires instilling the desire and drive to increase exercise, which is doubly difficult - eliminating smoking is a one-issue process.

I despise public health nuts who ban or heavily resteict and tax the shit out of anything that poses the smallest risk of a health cost. It's how you end up with the massive cancerous nanny states see in Autistralia or the UK. I prefer freedom, and I acknowledge it comes with risks and costs to society.

You misunderstand me, I support high alcohol and tobacco taxes.

I'm also a very strong believer in public healthcare.

I also believe in forcing motorbikers to wear helmets.

I don't think you and I would share beliefs in this area, be it up to culture or personalities. I believe that our system is a tool for helping people live healthier lives, and not die early in a young adult phase where rolling down the highway without a helmet on a harley really isn't worth cutting your life short. I believe that many people in their eighties can live very fulfilling lives and share amazing bonds with grandchildren and are needed in our society.

You believe in ultimate freedom and hate what you feel are unnecessary regulations. I understand and respect you, but I do not agree.

I think a lack of public healthcare is an utter disgrace though. You can get really sick anytime, or get your leg runover in a hit and run, and you should not lose all your savings / ruin your future because of that.

>you live in the least free country in the developed world
>a leaf
You joshin' me, mooseman?

Is it not up to me to decide whether cutting MY life short for something is worth it or not, though?

Also, as a note, there's one thing people really need to understand about American health care. Insurance is not the same as care, and it is not only our insurance system that is corrupt, but also our health care system. Both of them are focused on robbing from people as much money as possible - the hospital is JUST as bad as the insurance company itself.

i hope you realize something.

the usa is the ONLY country where drug manufacturers can make a profit, because of the style of our health care system. europe is literally fucking us over. we suffer for your benefit.

That's fine, I disagree and I prefer freedom over a coddled nanny state. It means nothing to me if I live to 90 being free to do fuckall. And a lot of the elderly are miserable as shit and just want the peace of death already. In the Netherlands they are pushing to allow euthanasia for people aged 75 and older. I don't want to spend my older years stuck in a nursing home, or losing my independence. Quality is always superior to quantity.

Freedom always comes with risks and costs to a society, I'd much rather live in a society that is far freer but is more dangerous than vice-versa. To put it simply, if I had to live in Somalia or North Korea, I'd choose the former in a heartbeat.

>people shouldn't lose their life savings over health costs

Those people should not push for a system that greatly erodes my negative liberties in the first place. You should be responsible for your own health costs, in cases where you get injured by the negligence of someone else, that person should have the financial costs be incurred on them.

GL in turning into grounded meat, OP.

Even if you crash at 20kmph you will crack your skull on the asphalt.

See you on Best Gore, OP.

The problem is that you become a danger to other people.What if a fly goes in your eye and you hit a pack of kids on the road side?

I'd be a projectile on a motorcycle if I had my helmet on and got into a crash. I also wear motorcycle goggles so it isn't an issue of shit getting into my eye, helmet or not.

Your health-care suffer from alot of people trying to exploit bad health for their own gain in a way that have gone way past what is perceived as "good for the medical field", and insurance is another brick in the wall for this kind of system. It's a tough situation, but you should try to change it instead of just accepting that the hospitals are just as corrupt as insurance companies.

What? Drug manifacturers can turn a profit in many countries, your system favours people like Martin Shkreli if anything. The market should have moral obligations when it comes to health or education.

I agree that many elderly live shitty lives, and I'm also in favour of assisted suicide. Here we share our opinions. If you want to take your life when you're 75, you should have the right to do so. These are liberties we both agree that should be up to the person in question.

You bring up an extreme example with North Korea, and I'm not sure if you're calling them a coddled nanny-state. If you're curious of my answer, I would also pick Somalia. I don't think, however, that drawing similarities between North Korea or Somalia in this instance brings anything to the table. At all.

Your last paragraph is the most interesting. It's also here we stop agreeing. I believe that members of a community has a moral obligation to help our fellow man in shitty situations, since I would enjoy being offered the same if I was caught in the same. I agree that the person incurring harm to another should be responsible for correcting the harm done, but there will always be dickheads or criminals not taking responsibility. If a fraction of my wealth can help substantially, I'm happy to make that trade. In the end, I feel as though any real moral society, should help each other, and everyone should shoulder that responsibility.

You being American, I expect you have been brought up with other values, and that's fine. We agree to disagree.

But can you cycle without helmet?

See your last paragraph is making an assumption. I never said that you shouldn't help people, I said that I won't support their political stance which is advocating for a health system that greatly infringes on negative liberties. If people want to donate and provide charity, I'm all for it. Just don't infringe on my freedom and there isn't a problem.

North Korea and Somalia were extreme examples. Essentially you have a nation that clamps down on freedom heavily, and a country with essentially absolute freedom (outside of the warlord controlled areas though.) One is far safet and the other is very dangerous.

To put it simply: I'd rather deal with the problems that come with far too much freedom than too little.

>yurosharias

I understand you alot more now. I still feel as though everyone should be obligated to pay their fraction, even if it infringes on liberty, but I think I see your side of the coin in a new(er) light.

A better conversation that I would have expected coming to a Bulgarian bob-sledding forum, props to you for bearing with me

>Americans lose weight by getting their brains out
American diet lol

The only people who drive bikes without using helmets are those who have never been above the speed limit.

You might be free, but you probably look as pathetic as the old guy in your picture.