Been wanting to try one for literally 5 years

>been wanting to try one for literally 5 years
>buddy from vermont visits, brings one down
>i hate it

Damn, disappointing. Best/worst beer thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26/110744/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

The fucking hyped up IPA's are so stupid. There's no fucking reason they cant make heady, hopslam,etc. all year long. But they are not selling beer they are selling hype. So many good double ipa's out there that are available all the time and don't cost a fucking fortune.

This.
OP is a fucking faggot.

>tfw I can only get lager where I live
I miss proper beer

Op is pointing out he just realized this

I think. If not OP's an idiot

Any who uses the word proper to describe anything is a proper faggot.

You waited 5 years for fermented yeast? Maybe you should do the same, but with air you slimy wino bum. Back to r/shitthebedcauseloltipsy.

>Best beer

worst fucking shit

that was a proper good post there user

Something bugging you mate?

ay same it sucks

Whenever I first started drinking it I really liked it. It was smooth, and had this little banana after taste.
I would find myself thinking about the taste and thinking about drinking one after I had gotten home.
But now they just seem bitter to me, no matter how cold I get them. They taste like piss, like all the others.

Erm what do I do because I don't really like beer or larger for that matter. :/ wish I did tho.

>hype

na brah, its about capacity of their brewery and scheduling. Sure they could make that year round, but they'd remove several other beers from their yearly lineup. Which would inherently hurt the brand.

Just look at the color of that beer and you can already tell it's going to taste like shit.

You just got a fag palatte there 007. A man wants a cold beer period. Not hints of banana.

>implying

> not getting a growler and going to the brewery directly.

you aren't supposed to pour that one out. They specifically say to leave it in the can and you get a more powerful aroma. I know it sounds like heresy, but that's Alchemist's recommendation

My uncle devoted his whole life to being a on the streets alcoholic and this was his drink of choice. How's the buzz after a bottle of Thunderbird?

I didn't go out looking for a hint of a banana. It just had an after taste. It was smooth and I could let it sit in my mouth and almost drink it the same way you drink a soda.

You guys sound like you roommate

Huge beer / wine connoisseur

Age? Beer is like the second best thing in the universe

Arrogant bastard ale was a bit disappointing to me, I still want to try rogue beer but everyone tells me it's shit, today I'm just sipping on Kahlua mudslides and finally got a buzz on

This is the best beer I have ever tasted, and it is made an hour from my house.

Going to go pick some up in a bit, actually.

Rogue is fine, it's just kinda overrated and their styles are often off. The brewmasters there openly only brew stronger beers to hide defects they may have, and do not put bottling dates on the bottles because they try to make beer that won't show too many defects when it goes out of date. For these reasons, a lot of the community sticks their nose up at them, but honestly, they aren't terrible.

This

My life, my love and my lady.

Pugachevs Cobra is my favorite beer. I would even put it above KBS and Goose Island Bourbon County Stout (2015).

Had this, one of my friends had been trying to find it for 6 years, I had been for one year. Got some, and it was delicious but nowhere near the search and man hours he put in. But me after a year, I'd say yeah, I didn't try that hard and got it.

So yeah Pliny the Younger, and the Elder for that matter, are pretty delicious but Russian River makes them "rare" by their own choice, it is false rarity

I like this one better than Heady.

Your opinion on Pliny and Russian River overall? My opinion is here

Let's put it this way: if you want to get stupefied, kill as many cells as possible, blackout, and possibly wake up disabled, Thunderbird is the cheapest way.

Karmeliet Triple all the way !

I just drink these. There's no Yuengling sold in KY, which is un-american, or I'd drink that.

Good to know, I'm a bit of a fag and like flavoured alcohols but I'll drink anything also Lord of the hops I found kinda gross tasted like pine needles, I like old Rasputins for inside joke reasons

Better than bourbon County? Hmm. May just have to try that one.

This shits gone pretty downhill. The original brewer quit and took the recipe. They have no idea the correct ingredients any change it up every year trying to duplicate it. But it just tends to get shittier.

arboga 10,2% is the best bear

I'd take a stab at the rogue chocolate stout then. It's really good, but not outstanding, but for some reason it gets world class reviews. Sounds like it'd be right up your alley, and if you aren't wowed by it, you get to feel superior to all those online reviewers that give it 99/100

Yep. That sounds like it.

this is my favorite IPA at the moment. Pretty hard to get even if you live in Florida where its made. They fly off the shelves

I like it. fuck you if you don't

My current obsession:

beeradvocate.com/beer/profile/26/110744/

BA doesn't rate it very well, but at 5.5% abv I'll sacrifice a little flavor for being able to drink no more than 2-3 of them a night before needing a DD

It'd be nice to try a chocolate stout that actually tastes somewhat like chocolate I've only ever had chocolate stout at a family Christmas party and it just tasted really bitter can't remember the brand, but I'll give the rogue a shot someday

Coconut bar and beer
Breakfast of champignons

This tasteless shit from Argentina

Well, bourbon county has a way better mouthfeel. But i prefer the pugachevs flavor profile it has chocolate, bourbon, and maple dominant.Bourbon county is more chocolate bourbon and dark fruit dominant (fig, raisin, prune), which isnt my favorite flavor profile.

Great bottle to have in a bar fight

Dragon's Milk is a favorite of mine.

im drunk gimme a break

monica.jpg

i love that shit.

So the Victor can sodomize you with it?

Love this brewery we have local in Bloomington, IL. They are famous for their sour beers (I think all sour beer is disgusting but people love it) I really enjoy the redbird ale named after the local football team. Pic is my favorite one they make though.

I recently had some Weissbier for the first time and it was fucking delicious. Does anyone have any other recommendations aside from Paulaner or Erdinger? Also looking for a nice imperial russian stout.

Good stuff.

;]

was better when twernt canuk

Try Augustiner. Then you got the 3 best.
Fuck the rest, seriously.

I like it, but it's definitely overrated. Hop profile is too dank. Fucking columbus hops. My favorite lately is Whirlpool by Night Shift Brewing. Also, Focal Banger by the Alchemist is better than Topper imo.

Guter Mann

love me some white oak

This one is sometimes difficult to find, but I was disappointed when I tasted it, I expected much better

prolly took tha yeast
or somthing

Thanks, I was kinda doubting that something would pop up that was significantly better than those two, I'll look for that one next.

you are wrong. They brew this at least once a month.

OP. is it dated? They also say drink from the can for a reason. I guess you dont like reading directions.

imo the best bell's beer is at the brewery. I don't know why they don't bottle more of their sours.

This. and its brewed regularly.

Not Bad.

wanna trade some dark lords?

solid german beer. a Hall of Famer for sure.

pugachev is no where on BC level. Fact.

I've noticed a few things after many years of drinking.

1:beer in a can isn't as good tasting to a bottle even if it's the same beer.

2:some beers if you let the unopened beer go warm then cool it down again it can change the taste.

3:once you are more than 24 full strength beers into a drinking session you don't care about the taste.

4:some beers taste better from the tap,but others taste better from the bottle.

5:adding strong flavored ginger whine to a beer makes a good ginger beer.

Sip of Sunshine is pretty good too. Pliney our in the west coast is awesome too. But its all personal taste. What is rated good doesnt mean shit if you don't like it..

I have a case of this. Greatest non sour belgian of all time. May just be the best belgian of all time

Heady Topper drops off fast. Over a month old, and its a shell of itself.

Heady is made continuously. For some time, the only beer Alchemist made. Hopslam has gotten bad the last few years

That's some normie shit. All mine would end in jail, shitting the bed or shitting the bed in jail.

Alhambra, made in Spain.

Where do you live? Ales are way easier to make than lagers due to the fermentation constraints for lagers.

Directions for drinking beer
>1. Open can
>2. Raise to mouth
>3. ???
>4. Tell people on Sup Forums they don't know how to drink beer

My fave Trapist

MD is way worse than Thunderbird from a hangover perspective. I've heard there is an appreciable amount of methanol in bum wines. Luckily the cure to methanol poisoning is drinking ethanol.

Jesus christ, could you be more pleb?

2015 BCBS was infected in half the bottles, but the uninfected bottles were actually really good. So could be both best and worst.

Literally what's your poison sort of situation huh?

Pliny the Elder is not rare. You can buy cases of it anytime you go to their brewery. RR doesn't distro very well, so I can see it being rare from that perspective. You can pretty much get it on tap anytime in California at some beer bar in town.

Love the glass

I once did a bum wine tasting, something like 15 different varieties. I'm sure some have crack in the grain bill.

That is not Pliny the elder.

as a german a lot of this "beer" pisses me off, they mixing all kind of stuff into it,
dont get me wrong it may taste good but its not beer anymore
what about reinheitsgebot?

The dude said:
>So yeah Pliny the Younger, and the Elder for that matter, are pretty delicious but Russian River makes them "rare" by their own choice

Hence why I said PtE was not rare.

Thoughts?

Hill Farmstead Edward. Best beer in Vermont. Everything else is everything else.