Who should I study to be a great film maker

Who should I study to be a great film maker

yourself

>runny eggs

Your imagination. But also just watch every movie, all movies, any movie, and imagine it better. Improve your imagination.

They're medium. That's perfect.

Start with the Sight & Sound 2012 polls.

go to films

David Boardwell

just read english literature

Every Frame A Painting

Just be yourself

no one has pushed movies forward since tarantino. study his oeuvre and find a way to transpose it to 2016.

Yourself.

Just go to films.

Oh my god you literal manchild

Red Letter Media.

How to Be a Filmmaker: Wikihow > RLM

RLM are inconsistent entertainers at best. They are never educators. Never have been. Perhaps the Plinkett prequel critiques help newbs cast a critical eye on the films they consume, but that's the height of it.

You want real advice? Talented people are those who can locate the next step, however small, and take it asap. You want to learn, be working on something. That's most of it.
Where are you at now? Do you have a screenplay, or are you only interested in directing? If so, where will you get your story? Do you like the idea of editing? If so, do some edit some footage. No footage? Get a camera. No money? Get a shit job. so and and so forth.

Anyone that is hated by the wannabe patricians/contrarians on this shithole board

Study from any of the greats. You can't go wrong with any of them as long as you watch their films with a critical eye. If you don't know where to start, I suggest beginning with Hitchcock or Ford.

However, making great films is less about learning the craft, but rather about having something of value to say that speaks to people, and that matters. Find something you're passionate about and then research/study that subject matter. The rest is easy to pick up.

Listening to the commentary tracks on their dvds, or the behind the scenes stuff, is a great way to learn the craft. They may not be the greatest filmmakers ever, but there is definitely a ton of insightful stuff there about the process of filmmaking.

everyone

that's anti-kino

Sunny Side Up and Poached Eggs are supposed to do that. If they don't, it means you overcooked them.

A good runny poached egg on toast and a bit of pepper is a great thing to start the day off with.