Why do people think Steam is such a good deal? Unless all you do is play Indie games...

Why do people think Steam is such a good deal? Unless all you do is play Indie games, you won't save money by playing Steam over a console game. Publishers set the prices, so when you see how Steam has 100s of games for under $10 just realize that none of those are going to be AAA titles, or even good Indie games.

You're not saving money by using Steam. I don't understand how people get fooled into thinking that because Steam sells cheap games that they must sell all their gams cheap. It's just not true.

inb4
>pcmasterrace
>free online play
>muh waifuhentaigames

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/GlEiy
twitter.com/AnonBabble

kek nice b8

I personally never say the prices are better because they arent. The only reason im pc master race is because im better with a keyboard and mouse vs a controller. Plus a dope pc build looks good sitting on my desk.

Hey, that's fair man. I'm not disparaging PC gamers, just the delusional people who say that they "save money" by using Steam. The game costs what the publisher sells it for. Short of buying it from a 3rd party, the price is the price.

Yeh if you need your games the moment they release. I only buy games during sales or when they're individually on sale. Console games take much much longer to go on sale and when they do it's usually not for much. Plus having your entire library in digital format and never having to deal with disks again is so God damn amazing.

Yea I definitely agree.

How many good AAA titles are there a year? I feel like for the past 4 years there have been maybe 5 a year. Ide rather play some new idea of a game for 5 bucks then waste 60-100 with dlc for a copy cat

Those days are gone. Even consoles have digital copies these days. Plus steam sales have sucked the past few years.

It's every game being digital vs some being digital. Maybe consoles will get there some day, but I'm done with discs for good at this point. But I hear you, I personally don't give a shit either way what system people use, I've just always used pic's and I see no reason to change.

EY bro, you can get the GTA V for 30$ until 21st of february, how many consoles have a deal like that..?

imgur.com/a/GlEiy

When Steam "has an awesome sale" it's not really their own sale.

>It's like the publisher who says "Hey, we should tell Steam/Xbox/Playstation to lower the price for a weekend."

Thats fine, if you prefer your Indie games then Steam is definitely for you, they're very fun and they don't cost much. You're supporting a smaller gaming company and that's great too! But you don't save money on Steam (compared to consoles). That's my whole point.

Um apparently they all do. So my point remains. You are not saving money buying Steam games (compared to console).

free online enjoy your same shit "exclusives"
no mod support
no actual game support by player
and no new content by players or devs

don't forget that extra to play online
:^) because no one plays gta v single player

actually you can get it on steam for 19.99
just wait for an actual sale or trade keys for it or other games
which consoles can't do

That's not the point. But I will entertain your arguments since they're valid. Xbox and PS4 actually do have mods for some games. Skyrim for instance, because I think we can all agree it sucks dick without mods.

Do you even know what inb4 means? Yeah, paying for online is retarded, and needs to go away soon. Not my point however.

"actual sale" I.E. when Rockstar games decides to lower the price, so it becomes $19.99 on xbox and playstation and steam at the same time for the duration of the sale.

>some

ignoring trades there chump :^)

retarded just like those who actually pay for it
you sure are saving money friend

Well, I can go to craigslist/ebay/gamestop and get GTA for $20 so it's really no different.

But again, my point, which we're all trying our best to derail, is that->

>Steam store is not cheaper than Xbox or Playstation store.

Nope, I don't own a console. And you're right, you don't save money by playing online.

Here's the part you have confused:

>I'm not making that argument.

>what is pirating :^)
also enjoy paying for your slim version of your current one to handle 30 fps with your paid subscription to get the best deals on psn

>don't own console
>ayy you can save monies on consoles
I think we are done here child

And where is the problem? It is not like, there are no other cheaper seller out there.