People who call Stranger Things "empty copy" are the same who idolize Tarantino

Tarantino is shit too

Three enormous differences:
Tarantino mostly borrows from obscure shit that most people haven't seen which results in more recognition for the stuff he loves.
His movies are concerned with storytelling and are more than a summation of references.
He knows how to create great characters and dialogue.

at least tarantino has some boldness.

what is stranger things copy of?

>Tarantino mostly borrows from obscure shit that most people haven't seen which results in more recognition for the stuff he loves.
Then the problem with ST the viewer (and his "cultural baggage"), not specifically the series.

They're both shit.

Fuck off, Netflix shills.

80's movies

* is the viewer

But whats wrong with making tv series in the style of 80s? If it didnt actually straight up copied some specific movie then its cool

No, if you're going to be using direct references and still want your movie/show to stand on its own then you don't crib from some of the most iconic movies of all time.

>If it didnt actually straight up copied some specific movie then its cool
That's the problem: it does.

well, i asked before - what movie is it copy of?

What if I like undergrounds movies? I'll find Tarantino as shit as ST.

Stranger Things is a copy of something everyone likes. It is a product.

Death Proof is a copy of something Tarantino likes. It is art.

E.T.
Stand by Me
It
Poltergeist
The Thing
Goonies
Close Encounters of the Third Kind
Alien
And many others...

What a gay statement

he can't tell you because he's talking out of his ass for the sake of being contrarian.

Stranger Things has Spielberg childhood adventure, some Hughes teenage drama and Carpenter esque scifi horror. but it's very much it's own product.

so, its a copy of the style of movies in 80s? are you for real man? Making a movie in a style is not a copy. Same way you can say that all Westerns are copies of the very first one. All movies are copies by this logic.

I don't care if it is a copy or not
It is good and i'm sick tired of capeshit and cop series
go fuck yourself, cunts.

but half the movies you've stated are very much alike, so what's your point?

I'll admit it's pretty ethereal, but Tarantino has some substance behind his references, they aren't the be all end all of his movies and he often plays with them in interesting ways. We're getting towards the homage vs. ripoff debate.

Nothing new under the sun. Goatfuckers knew this millennia ago.

Stranger Things directly lifts plot points, characters, and it's style from these movies and adds nothing unique. These are some of the most iconic and influential movies of all time and the creators of the show just lifted a bunch of elements from them and hoped nostalgia would win out, which it seems to have done.

Doesn't excuse laziness and wholesale theft of ideas.

It's not only the "style", but entire scenes and elements. Stranger Things is a cosplay series. The creators do not turn these movies into something new, they just take them and use as bait for nostalgia.

>Stranger Things directly lifts plot points, characters

give examples.