Headphone thread

Headphone thread

I'm thinking of getting these, the M50x but I hear mids are a little iffy.

What do you use?

Other urls found in this thread:

head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide#
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

has daily threads about headphones and I guarantee you will find better answers from them.

I tossed a coin to go there or here

Well you will get many more responses there. And also this is one of the slowest times of day for Sup Forums

You could just open a new tab and do both

stay here, we have better taste

I use the philips shp9500, and theyre an amazing pair of cans. If you want to stick with closed-back headphones though, I would recommend the m40x model instead, it has a more balanced sound signature

AKG 240 MKII there aren't many headphones around $100 that are as good for critical listening as these. They are super flat and the bass is tight. They will reveal things that others won't and that's the good and the bad. Grado's SR80s are a great choice as well ,they have a full rich sound that that is slightly on the hot side and gets better with age. I use the Grado's as well for just recreational use. I'm looking to go up to the AKG271's so I can get a closed back solution. Also consider the Sony MDR7506 Professional To me the M50x has a far smaller soundstage than the phones I have and I used Senn's at one point and grew out of them as there were better offerings. I can't speak to Breyer's, I've never used a pair.

if i buy akg k 240 would I need any amp to power those? Or I could just plug it in my laptop and listen to the music without them sounding shit?

You don't need an amp, they drive just fine. I got that amp so I could switch between 2 different sources (mixer, pc). There's no difference in sound quality, they're just louder which is why it's turned less than half.

I used to use Razer Electra gaming headphones, which are pretty cheap and made up for bad sound quality by cranking the bass up to 11 to drown everything else out.

Now I'm trying to move on to grown up headphones, and I got a pair of DT 770 Pros, but goddamn if I don't miss that bass. If anyone has any advice for getting over an overwhelming-bass addiction, would be super grateful

I use the M50x and i fucking love them. I did alot of research (i can recommend inner fidelity website) and it boiled down to those. The sound quality is awesome. And the build quality of these cans are high. Do it OP and don't look back.

>DT 770 Pros
Which set did you get the 30, 80 or 250 ohm version?

32 ohm, I use them while I'm out and about sometimes

no wonder you miss that bass

OP here, all 3 cost the same, if I were to get a pair, should I just get the 250 for the hell of it?

No, you need an amp for the 250ohm, the 80's would be better.

yes, only the 250 deliver amazing sound quality
the other ones are just memes like "oh but you can use these with your phone!" except they sound like ass and you can use the 250 with your phone just as well and they will sound worlds better

Hmm, an amp isn't really in the question. Yet.

I just go the m50x's last week. Fell in love with them, but noticed that lower frequencies were more pronounced on the left phone compared to the right. Might be a defect, though. A replacement pair should be in the mail tomorrow so we'll see.

i love my old m50s but i wear them so often the leather in the middle is slowly disentegrating

What do you think you will get from tricking OP into getting meme headphones

head-fi.org/a/headphone-buying-guide#

Personally I use v6 because I'm too poorfag to buy anything non-budget.

why not just EQ the mids

m50x are shitty meme headphones

I could but I like my music sounding exactly as the artist intended so fucking with EQ kinda ruins that

you can't eq the mids unless you have the proper equipment to monitor the frequencies coming out of the headphones

Hey I have that one! I like em, not a huge audiophile though so don't take my word for it

These are meme headphones. They're only popular because KFCHD recommended them. Trust me, you'll be better off with something else. Ask /hpg/. They'll recommend something perfect for your needs.

Mine fell apart after about a year, and they really hurt my ears after wearing them for too long.

I have these now, they were like 15 bucks and a lot more comfortable.

akg k712

M50's are great user, especially for mixing and even casual listening. But you could always get m40s and just warm them up to get a close send for less dosh.

I've wittled down my choices to the M40s, the DT770 80, and the V-MODA M-80

beyerdynamic t70's

Whats wrong with m50x? I though audio technica were good

>Whats wrong with m50x?
Over hyped "studio" meme phones that people get, even though there are better options

M40x, DT770s, DT880s mainly. SHP9500 is another option, which is cheaper. Or save and get MSR7s or M100s for actual portable headphones

Sometimes you'll get more replies, but I've posted in the headphone general multiple times and have had to bump my own post 2-3 times to finally get a response and even then it's just a pair of headphones without any explanation or some random shit that doesn't help me.

MY PIC NOW

>Better
>Cheaper
Pick one.

ive got the 250 ohm version.
Works fine without an amp but might be better with. I use it for my phone too but only indoors and they are loud enough to get hearing damage from. You dont want to use them outside anyway because the open back leaks a shit ton, so everyone from 15 ft away can hear what you're listening to.

why would i pick one when i can have both?

Sony mdr 7506

770s are closed back