Why was Satan so... nice? And was Gabriel supposed to be a man? I don't get it

Why was Satan so... nice? And was Gabriel supposed to be a man? I don't get it

Gabriel is an angel. not a man or woman.
If you consider that portrayal of the devil to be nice they you have something wrong with your brain.

>Tilda Swinton will never stick her feet in your face and make you worship them
;_;

I'm not too well versed in judeo-christian mythology but isn't lucifer supposed to be a deceiver and sweet talker?

Be less pathetic

JESUS ;_;

Satan is supposed to be the most alluring trickster in all of everything
he's charismatic as fuck so you'll fall

Satan is not some boogeyman.
Satan killed less than a dozen people throughout the entirety of Bible.
Satan is not going to give you eternity of torture simply for not believing in him.
Satan is not going to drown the entirety of Earth's population, because he loves people the way they are.
Satan never forces you to do his will (looking at you, big G), as he knows it's in human nature to follow him.
He entices, proposes and bargains. Not a cartoon villain, but rather a book villain.

I actually really liked this film. I'm a fan of Keanu, so that might have to do with it.

t. 16 year old Fedoralord who can't tell the difference between Lucifer and Satan

Not him, but could you elaborate? The only info i got on the Lucifer/Satanas dichotomy are the Hellblazer comics

When wil summer be over?

Yes, and OP fell for it hook line and sinker

In the constantine mythos there are two main bosses of hell
lucifer is basically david bowie and doesn't give a fuck
first of the fallen is bible satan

I think this guy was supposed to be a stand in for Lucifer's character

Also the entire point is that angels are androgynous

>Too nice

Why? He said that he wanted Constantines soul the most and he just had to wait a few more seconds before he bled out to finally have his soul. It's like a predator licking the prey while it's still alive and having it's claws inside it...it's just a matter of time.

You could tell Constantine was still scared when the devil went straight up to his face.

>caring enough to make the distinction
stay mad, daddy-o

Isn't it the same mythos as the Sandman comics? I only remember Lucifer from that and he was chill as fuck.

God also defines torture as life in the absence of his presence.

Of course, no one on earth has felt the presence of God, so clearly we're all being tortured.

God that film was trash

This. Swinton is pretty androgynous to so her casting was spot on.

I'd say most people would relate more to Satan than to God, literally.