What forums can I use to promote my electronic music other than Sup Forums?

what forums can I use to promote my electronic music other than Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.watmm.com/forum/17-your-latest-creations/
youtube.com/watch?v=YBEV5IjwR5g&list=PLSCRK9DHa-NIrOlW4YtrbGWY4GyGY-dMD
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Reddit.

holy shit.

I can guarantee that your shit isn't good.

If you can't compare to AFX in quality don't even bother.

You're wasting time not practicing.

forum.watmm.com/forum/17-your-latest-creations/

>being so closed-minded as to think all electronic artists look to Aphex Twin as their main influence / want to make braindance IDM

Yeah I'm sure he doesn't look up to him at all, posting his picture in the OP.

Nice maymay arrows you fucking fag.

>being
>so
>closed-minded
>as to think
>that you can't enjoy an artist's music
>without looking to them as an influence for your own music

if you really have to ask this I can already tell you have little to no knowledge and that your music is probably fucking trash

non sequitur

This/10, exactly what I wanted to write.
Everyone is so obsessed with promotion, s if it was a matter. Your music is your promotion and the ticket to the top, but it has to be really good.

is there any proof of this? I thought promotion and connections was pretty important. I mean take Letherette for instance, their music is utterly boring and bland but i'll be damned if they're not 'at the top'

youtube.com/watch?v=YBEV5IjwR5g&list=PLSCRK9DHa-NIrOlW4YtrbGWY4GyGY-dMD

bruh letherette are dope and not even that big wtf are you even doing with your life

They're music is absolutely stellar for what they do, and I'd bet 1000 dollars you could ask college kids for a week and never find anyone who's heard of them.

while it is technically good, letherette's music is nothing remarkable or groundbreaking. It clearly doesn't aim to be that which is OK

for an electronic artist their level of popularity is 'the top', and is ideal for your average IDM/electronica artist even if no college kid has heard of them.

reason why nobody should advertise is cream always rises to the top

you´re not top OP

dont worry op this one will do

But you have to make sure no one its you, you could do this by claiming that "this guy is the next blank" that what most people seem to do anyway.

In my experience Sup Forums is the absolute worst place to try to promote your own music, no matter how good it is. You'll get like 0-10 hits typically. If you want any attention you'll have to spam it relentlessly. And this goes for anonymous shilling, bandcamp threads, basically everything. It's a complete waste of time. Reddit is generally much better.

You're either delusional or completely fucking retarded if you think that you can be successful based on the merits of your music alone. Promotion and connections are everything if you want to be more than just some local band in Bumphuck, Louisiana

Beyond that, you typically have to bust your ass forever promoting or touring to get any kind of meaningful attention. People who are just interested in working on music and "putting it out there" without obsessively promoting it typically never go anywhere, no matter how brilliant.

You can cherry pick exceptions, but in general attention won't come to you automatically.

This should be blindly obvious in a place where the most hip and enviable thing you can do is be aware of something great that most people have never heard of.

Fucking this