What am I in for?

What am I in for?

Other urls found in this thread:

promptfile.com/l/6ED4EA310F-B31B82096A
bbc.com/culture/story/20150224-what-amadeus-gets-wrong
youtube.com/watch?v=RCB_OcJcDYY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

A god damn masterpiece. Some might even say absolute kino.

One of the best films of your life.

Second best film of 1984

Opportunities to sit down and watch this acclaimed film eluded me for a couple decades, OP. I finally did early this year on my own, since no one around me wanted to dedicate the time and attention.

It's great 9/10 and I've been meaning to sit down and watch it with a close friend, who could appreciate the hidden rivalry of artists concept.

imo the best film ever made

This shit is pretty good, but I can't for the life of me figure out why you guys are obsessed with it.

oustanding film. hipsters will want to point out that it's far from historically accurate, but that doesn't make it any less a masterpiece

it's that good
no amount of Sup Forums cynicism can change how perfect it is

What was the first best?

A heaving set of bosoms. .

you fiend!

make no mistake
that... is the price

>can't for the life of me figure out why you guys are obsessed with it.
it barely gets mentioned or do I just miss all the posts about it?

I'm fairly certain he's making a Ghostbusters reference, though it could be a lot of other things depending on taste, like the Terminator for example.
1984 was a very good year.

Once Upon A Time In America

promptfile.com/l/6ED4EA310F-B31B82096A

let's watch

A fantastic movie. It's worth it for his laugh alone.

Beverley Hills Cop dude. 1984 was a pretty good year for film

uggguuu the prince archbishop of Salisbury was such a jerk

Pleb-tier film.

>muh Mozart
>muh under-appreciated genius

One of the best films of all time, quotable, rewatchable and really makes you think.

>open the door! be good now!
say this all the time

one of the few flicks Sup Forums can't be cynic about. nothing can rise above that

they need a remake called Amaru about jealous biggy and visionary tupac

Superb film. Tom Hulce is entertaining and fascinating, but F. Murray Abraham is spellbinding. Ranks right up there with Ghandi and Lawrence of Arabia for "historical" films.

I hope your memeing because you totally missed the point of the film

Actual Kino

>they need
>they

do you mean "those people"?

i've watched this film for years
i love it more than my wife and children
seriously
it's that good
every scene every note every line

yes, well said

Paris texas

>do you mean "those people"?
perhaps

Too many notes

Ghoulies

Close all your tabs including this Sup Forums thread now and go watch it online. Trust me, you won't regret this.

>correcting the royal sightreading

here's the directors cut

Pleb-tier

>everyone liked me
>i liked myself
>...
>until HE came

>I absolve you... I absolve you... I absolve you

>tfw the patron saint of mediocrity

Long but well made and well acted, specially by F. Murray Abraham as Salieri. The first scenes are perfect.

>uoy evol i tub
>uoy evol i tub

1984 the movie

>Sadly, his (Salieri's) work still isn’t performed very much (but this is slowly changing). It is all Mozart’s fault. When he was young, Mozart wrote a number of things in letters claiming that Salieri was sabotaging his career. Many academics have taken this at face value. But I think they are confused about how Mozart thought of himself. He wasn’t the great composer from history, but a young man trying to establish his career. And he was struggling. After being a child prodigy, most people weren’t that interested in the 20-something composer.

>Not long afer Salieri’s death, Alexander Pushkin wrote the short play Mozart and Salieri. It was meant to be, as Wikipedia says “a dramatic study of the sin of envy.” And others followed along with that narrative, leading eventually to Peter Shaffer’s play and movie, Amadeus. I love the film, as I discussed in, A Tale of Two Constanzes. But there is no relation between Salieri the dramatic character and Salieri the man.

>In fact, these representations have the history flipped. There was jealousy early on, but it was Mozart’s jealousy of the Salieri’s success. And after Mozart became successful, he and Salieri were at worst amiable colleagues. The last reference that Mozart made to Salieri was in a letter to his wife about taking the older composer to see The Magic Flute, “He heard and saw with all his attention, and from the overture to the last choir there was not a piece that didn’t elicit a ‘Bravo!’ or ‘Bello!’ out of him.”

ANTI-SALIERI REVISIONISTS SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF THEMSELVES

DONT WATCH THE DIRECTORS CUT

han dies

this post just sucks
something about it
just post
don't copy/paste shit

>quoting something obviously written by osmeone in high school

i didn't finish reading so i'm not agreeing or arguing, but try actual sources next time

why not?

It's alright but pretty unspectacular by today's standards. If you like the setting, you'll enjoy it. If not, skip it.

Absolute unbridled, unadulterated K I N O

Is Mozart's depiction faithful to real life? If so, what an asshole and I hate Mozart now.

Yup. Naive child prodigy who knows he's good but too emotionally immature to see how his actions affect those around him. Even without Salieri's meddling it's quite possible that film Mozart would have met a similar end.

Also his laugh is quite accurate too, I believe most of his contemporaries likened it to a braying donkey.

no

Too many pointless scenes that ruin the pacing of the theatrical release

>I'm going to get revenge on Mozart
>I'll just wait about 5 years to do it

Seriously the presentation of the passage of time in this film is one of the few flaws I can find with it.

read osmething for once in your life
bbc.com/culture/story/20150224-what-amadeus-gets-wrong

This is surprisingly awesome. Very long.

It favors storytelling over fact. Live Braveheart, but there were many plays before it emphasizing a rivalry between Mozart and Salieri that was probably nonexistent.

alright thanks will get the theatrical version then

You'll find yourself empathizing, relating to and despising Salieri. It's very rare for a film to be able to make one completely understand and even agree root for a villain but still know why they're in the wrong.

youtube.com/watch?v=RCB_OcJcDYY

But it's completely historically inaccurate and the guy playing Mozart sucks

>tfw you are the Salieri of your life and Mozart is Chad

Everyone already knows they weren't actually enemies in real life you tard. It's one of the first things that comes up when people are discussing the film.

>hurr I'm so smart. I read a 400 word article detailing what a movie got wrong

absolute kino. dr zhivago/once upon a time in the west tier.

Mozart wasn't chad. Literally no one would have been able to stand him if not for his talent.

i was answering a question from someone who obviously did not know you massive faggot.

also this is me so take your shit straight to the trash where it belongs

>How well are you trained in shitpost?

>I know a little. I shitposted in my youth.

>Where?

>Here on Sup Forums.

>Ah! Then you must know this
>"JUST FUCK MY SHIT UP"

>I can't say that I do. What is it?

>It was a very popular meme on its day. I made it.
>Here, how about this?
>"Now THIS is podracing"
>I made it.
>...
>This one brought down the board when we shitposted it...
>"What did he mean this?"
>Well?

>I regret it is not too familiar.

>Can you recall no meme of mine?
>I was the most famous shitposter in Sup Forums.
>I made 40 memes alone.
>Here! What about this one? "IF I PULL THAT OFF WOULD YOU DIE"-

>"IT WOULD BE EXTREMELY PAINFUL, YOU'RE A BIG GUY, FOR YOU!"
>Yes, I know that! That's charming!
>I'm sorry, I didn't know you shitposted that.

>I didn't. These were the baneposters...
>Bane Posters.

>The men you accuse yourself of cucking.

>it's a "Salieri doesn't realize that God doesn't exist and probably should have concentrated on creating higher art" episode

his art was fine. he should have just fucked the high test thiccy and he wouldve been a lot more chill

Except I was the other guy you replied to, and you weren't so much answering a question so much as you were just being a condescending fuckwit

kys

>someone provides evidence that i was wrong
>uh oh, better shitpost!

Sure, it's worth nothing this kind of movie is generally "slower" than most modern films, but should good ones really need to be "spectacular"?

>skip it

Only if you don't have patience for culture, and love McMovies

>Gets called out on your shit
>N-No you!

this

Am I the only one that find this movie extremely rewatchable?

yes i do too

being condescending is better than being wrong

Superlative kek

amadeus is timeless bruh

I was this guy You lumped me in with the guy asking the question.I already knew about the real Salieri and Mozart. Everyone does. You must have a pretty fragile ego if you feel the need to regurgitate information to try and appear intellectual on an anonymous image board and then get mad when people tell you you're not teaching them anything new. You're the equivalent of an 'I Fucking Love Science' normie.

>y-you're wrong
>my ass hurts so much