youtube.com/watch?v=JBbf2C735Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=lkx7SQ4Wuh0&index=8&list=PLBzBwYhHpqLKS-uKQKxAisOy3OTJR3INW
youtube.com/watch?v=nPtorZ2k7Ak
youtube.com/watch?v=getsu8UIp34
youtube.com/watch?v=JO-3deOP-aE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

No

Fuck no

The original version of the music could have been a great album but this is just a bunch of covers.

yes. although I prefer this cover art

t. millenials

t. I have shitaste and I'm proud of it

Nice thread,

My dad seems to think so.

Thanks but unfortunely I cant say the same about the posts

This or Physical Graffiti are the superior Led Zep albums

It's not even their best album

Not even their second best album

Not even their third best album

Not even their fourth best album

What are you on about

You have amazing standards user

Teenagehood is idolizing Zep
Adulthood is realizing Sabbath was better he whole time

How's being 14 going?

One day you will grow out of your edgy hipster phase. I cant blame you, I was just like you when I stared browsing this board

Everyone loves Zep when they're 14. After a while, you realise it was good, but hardly mindblowing.

When the Levee Breaks is the only truly great song on that album.

Why do people like these plagiarizing hacks?

>its okay when daft punk does it

And patricianhood is realizing Deep Purple were the actual masters?

Or hendrix

nice try.

no way. Sabbath was a one trick pony...Zeppelin drove the caravan far and wide.

>hacks

They wrote some of the most brilliant rock and roll ever recorded...yet somehow they are "hacks"

kys you cunt.

Trash taste

Why is he carrying that faggot on his back?

houses of the holy is better

Or Stone Temple Pilots

STP rule dude

In through the out door is really underrated.

A Fool in the Rain is their best song
prove me wrong
protip: you can't

Sur-

No Quarter is best.

-face water flood map uk?

Fool in the Rain makes me wish I was a kid happily playing football with my friends in the school yard during summer

Amazing drumming on that song...and a sublime guitar solo

Achilles Last Stand

ZEP

sublime solo you say?

youtu.be/5PHV93zL__o?t=148

presence is probably my favourite album by them and i consider achilles last stand one of the greatest openers of all time

Going To California tho

>implying they wrote those songs
kys

D-dad?

>Sabbath was a one trick pony
How is this true? Actually listen to their albums
And at least they wrote their own fucking music. Literally invented a genre in the process.

Rainbow was superior. At least their first 3 albums

And not just one. Doom metal and heavy metal.

Yup. The importance of Black Sabbath on rock's developmental history cannot be understated.

they recorded 80 songs...the overwhelming, vast majority of them they wrote...and they were brilliant

fuck off you cunt.

>How is this true?

really? they played heavy metal...did they folk? they reggae? did they blues? did they pop? did they disco?

dumbshit.

Not even the best Zeppelin Album

They did folk songs and blues songs... way to expose yourself and someone who hasn't listened to their music. Fuck off and culture yourself before you speak on these things.

And even if they only played heavy metal they literally fucking invented it

>they reggae? did they blues? did they pop? did they disco?
The only dumbshit here is you. So the prerequisite for not being a 1-trick pony is being a disco-folk-pop-metal-reggae act? Seriously fuck off back to rebbit.

This is why no one likes led zeppelin fans

They did all of those except for disco...and even then they had a funk song, which is pretty closely related to disco

Led Zeppelin > Brown Bomber = Led Zeppelin III = Untitled > Physical Graffiti > Houses of the Holy >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Presence >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> In Through the Out Door

not in the traditional sense...they were blues influenced and blues based like all of rock and roll...but throwing down on the killing floor they did not...

Whats your favorite Sabbath blues song?

Folk? just having an acoustic guitar doesnt make it a folk you pleb

Zeppelin was far more diverse in their musical pallet - anyone trying to suggest otherwise is a fucking idiot.

>They did all of those except for disco

really which Sabbath song is a reggae song.

quit being a cunt.

youtube.com/watch?v=5sv-FnvSlNo&index=1&list=LL_QBEPKiOj6Dm6CQ1oaQ9kw
I like this better than anything Zeppelin has ever done
also Sabbath Riffs > Zeppelin Riffs
youtube.com/watch?v=JiEufj9uVdc&index=48&list=LL_QBEPKiOj6Dm6CQ1oaQ9kw

>Zeppelin was far more diverse in their musical pallet
How can we all forget the masterpiece of Fool in the Rain. Listen retard it's not about how many genre's you touch on, it's about how well you do it. Sabbath did hard guitar rock better than Zeppelin and actually wrote their own music. They innovated far more. Led Zeppelin sold more because girls thought Robert Plant was sexy and their shit was easy to put on the radio. I can already tell by your vehement support of Zep that you're a high schooler so go listen to more music bitch before you comment on them.

>So the prerequisite for not being a 1-trick pony is being a disco-folk-pop-metal-reggae act?

no- its simply not being a one dimensional band like Sabbath was. They were a metal band. Next you are going say to AC/DC played lots of varying musical styles.

fucking plebs.

>And even if they only played heavy metal

> and even if you are right.

funny stuff.

The only pleb here is you because you've outted yourself as someone who hasn't listened through Sabbath's albums. Seriously fuck off and listen to more music beyond your local Classic Rock radio station.

>led zeppelin did disco

And I'm supposed to believe this is a good thing on their legacy?

>Sabbath did hard guitar rock better than Zeppelin

Not really. Jimmy Page is objectively a better guitarist than Tony Iomi and far more diverse and created with how he orchestrated guitar work and solos.

you are entitled to your opinion but it doesnt make it right...that is not folk song. but whatever.

Nice reading comprehension. Was your pregnant mother a drug addict by any chance?

>Stairway has some instruments panned all the way left or right

so you admit I am right. Sabbath did one thing and they did it well. But the facts remains they were a one trick pony.

thanks for the confirmation.

I am already tell by your ignorance that you are an idiot.

really cuz of all the folks songs you pointed out??

seriously being a cunt doesnt make you right. You outted yourself as a faggot- I suggest you stop with that.

Christ, I'm really done arguing with a delusional 'le epic troll' teenager right now who has probably heard 200 songs in his lifetime. Just know when I was your age (I'm guessing 14-16) I also thought Zeppelin was the best fucking thing ever. But then I got older and listened to a LOT more music and the Zeppelin lustre wore off. Eventually you will understand that not only are they not "le best evah!" they aren't even the best of their era. In the meantime, I believe /r/lewronggeneration would be more up to your speed.

You guys are literally acting like fucking morons, "NO MY TASTE IS BETTER"

"NAY, UR TASTE IS SHIT; MINE IS CLEARLY SUPERIOR"

"DARE I SAY THAT BOTH OF YOU HAVE SHIT TASTE, FOR MY TASTE IS INDEED THE BEST"

Jesus fucking christ. Inb4 "u-must-be-new-around-here.jpg"

riiight skippy nice try- I have heard more songs live than you have on your hard drive. Your assumptions fail you...as usual.

in your desperation to appear relevant you lost sight of the original point - that was Sabbath was not nearly as diverse musically as Zeppelin.

Not even an asshat like you could dispute that...and yet hear you are...looking like the goddamn ignorant cunt that you are.

Be that as it may Zeppelin>Sabbath...and its not even close.

Sabbath is dirge rock for insecure plebs.

> Sabbath Just plays Metal
You may not like these songs but it proves they didn't just play Metal
youtube.com/watch?v=2vafhWh-em0
youtube.com/watch?v=Cc-6pAkC2T4
youtube.com/watch?v=o9VHYxXDh3w
youtube.com/watch?v=JBbf2C735Vk
youtube.com/watch?v=lkx7SQ4Wuh0&index=8&list=PLBzBwYhHpqLKS-uKQKxAisOy3OTJR3INW
youtube.com/watch?v=getsu8UIp34
They have a lot more as well.
Iommi > Page

would you say Sabbath was more musically diverse than Zeppelin?

just because a heavy metal band plays a slow song doesnt mean its not metal.

why is musical diversity your only metric for quality
I guess gorillaz are the best band ever

Anyways, OP, I thoroughly enjoyed that album. Declaring it as the GOAT is controversial, but it is definitely revered for a reason.
Stairway to heaven still gives me chills for how deceptively simple it sounds, yet the chord progression is brilliant and I love the explosion of the solo and falsetto outro.
Black dog is campy as fuck, but still an instant classic and a blast to play as well.
Battle of Evermore is ethereal, the backup vocals and plucks of the string complement each other to give this track a defining sound.

When the Levee Breaks, although a cover, is an interesting homage and reinterpretation of the song. The backwards-echo harmonica expertly conveys the tone of the tune, especially when juxtaposed with a drum kit that sounds like it's 80 goddamn feet tall.
I respect each track in it's own way, and I appreciate how fucking nuts people acted in response to it. I was born at the turn of the '90s, and yet it still feels nostalgic to me.
But it's not perfect, as nothing really is. It works well, for what it is, and deserves it's iconic legacy. No more, no less. You can't really quantify this shit, it's juvenile to do so.

For anyone that isn't a jaded fucking cunt, I highly recommend their live-album, HTWWW. A lot of the tracks from this album are so expertly performed that it gives them an almost entirely different sonic-vibe, and a lot of them are cleverly improvised which adds a completely new flavor to the songs. Any Zeppelin fan should give it a chance.

>Hur durr everything metal because metal band
How is this a metal song
No one sounds as evil as Iommi imo
This first riff
youtube.com/watch?v=JO-3deOP-aE

its not. its a just a point I made and then the sperge-lords were triggered trying to convince me Sabbath was somehow more musically diverse than Zeppelin. cucking plebs.

Definitely. Any color you like gets me right in the feels.

Gtfo

they can be as diverse as they want, they still fucking suck and you're a meme spouting teenager who shouldn't be using this site for at least 2 more years

thanks for admitting I am correct and for confirming your faggotry.

Good luck with that.