Do people outside of reddit actually see Walter White as this despicable wretched villain? Yeah sure...

Do people outside of reddit actually see Walter White as this despicable wretched villain? Yeah sure, he did some mistakes and was a jerk sometimes, but aren't all people like that. Overall, we agree that he was simply a badass right?

I have about as much respect for breaking bad as I do for the d

It's really all Skyler's fault for treating him like shit for it. He probably would have quit after season 4 if he still had a life to go back to.

>but aren't all people like that
>aren't all people outlaws
>aren't all people killers
Nope.

I agree he was a badass criminal.

>badass
No. He was a very smart guy and ultimately not really an evil one, but he had a huge ego that got in the way of what he set out to accomplish, and turned it into a violent clusterfuck that ruined his and many other lives.

>not an evil one
>watched Jesse's girlfriend sufocate to death
Yeah, sure...

Reddit thinks he's badass.
He was smart and just kind of shitty while not being outright evil.

BUILDIN A SENTRY HERE!

Good samaritan law applies, lol

That was probably one of the worst thing's he's done, and also how it went on to affect her dad and what happened because of that.

Reddit thought he was badass for like the first 2 seasons, then when Walt started doing bad mean stuff to good guys they were like no Walt you're a bad guy :( poor Jesse :(((

Are you 12? It doesn't matter how he got that way, but he was a manipulative sociopath by the end of the show who was beyond saving.

This isn't me saying he wasn't treated like shit or that the other characters were necessarily good guys, but that's irrelevant.

Walt was cowardly as hell, there's no way he qualifies as badass.

>left a junkie who overdosed herself do her thing

Yeah real evil right there. It might have been polite to do something, but he had no obligation, and it wasn't a crime by any means.

he gud boy he dindu nuffin

He lived in a shithole of a world. No one around him was an angel. It was everyone for themselves.

The legality of Walt causing Jane's death is interesting to me. Obviously it was a B&E situation to begin with, so there's that. But him actually standing there while Jane died and abstaining to administer CPR, not a crime. Technically a good prosecutor could spin it into assault/manslaughter because Walt rolled her onto her back (obviously they would need evidence that this happened), but death only ensued because she was intoxicated with illegal narcotics. I wish there was a camera in Jane's bedroom and the rest of Breaking Bad was a cool legal drama about Walt trying to avoid charges for her death.

>, and also how it went on to affect her dad and what happened because of that.

Useless argument. It wasn't his fault. It's like saying maybe if the dad lived he might have had another baby who could have invented a time machine and kill baby Hitler.

>you're not a piece of shit for letting someone your friend/acquaintance cares about die because you're not """obligated""" to
Edgy.
And? Plenty of people go through adversity and manage to not be sociopathic murderers. There's nothing badass about succumbing to outside pressures and compromising your morals.

walt is a bad person. walt always was a bad person.

walt walked away from a fellowship at los alamos, a million dollar company, and his best friends simply because a gril hurt his feelings.

walt never loved skylar. he never wanted to be a hs teacher. he resented the world for his situation, but he was the reason he was in them.

the only person who "breaks bad" in the show is skylar, as she comes to realize walt never loved her.

As far as I can tell, he only killed other drug dealers and degenerates. All people understand that when you join the drug trade, getting taken out by other people is just part of the job. He really didn't do anything wrong, he even cleaned up the product to minimise unnecessary harmful effects from consuming it.

Absolutely nothing wrong with leaving a junkie to deal with the consequences of their actions.

>the only person who "breaks bad" in the show is skylar,

He transitioned into a despicable wretched villain. Eventually the badassery got tiresome and Walt just came across as a petulent child trying too hard to prove how cool he was.

Skylar may be ugly and has an annoying voice, but I do feel her character was underrated. She gave Walt way more support than he was ever entitled to, and her shenanigans with the car wash and Ted were hilarious.

You are married to the biggest bitch in the world.
You quit your dream to marry her because he was not using the pill.
In return for missing the good life where you can get nobel prize, get rich doing it and bang supermodels in your 30' until you decide to settle in, you had to take care of your stupid wife and get shitty teaching job so you can feed them.
What else do you get aside for that whore - retard son. No he is not only disabled and never be chad or even normal person. He have to mildly retarded too. But thats ok. she probably smoked cigarettes like she did when he get pregnant the second time.
What else do you get - cancer. No problem you will just die from it because you had a shitty job that don't get you proper medical treatment.
Also your only friends and relatives are her insufferable kleptomaniac sister that want your only healthy kid and her asshole husband.
Also you wash cars for unibrow romanian asshole because your stupid bitch can't find a steady job unless she suck her boss dick on regular basis.
In my book he could do whatever he want. His life is fucked beyond any redemption. He could go on killing spree on blind orphans visiting the last great pandas killing them all and it will still be justified.

>walt villain

what the hell is this meme? Sopranos came out in 99 or 2000 and tony has killed many more people than walt did. Uhhh actually did walt kill anyone that didn't try to kill him?

I bet you drew pictures of Eric Harris and Dylan Kliebold with hearts around them in your high school notebooks, didn't you?

Exactly. A little empathy here.

Meh, they pussyfooted around actually making him the villain like they should have.

Since when was he ever a villain? Never did I ever think of him as one. A man who tried too hard to help his family and got caught up in such horrible shit yes but then again: he did all he did for love and not for himself.

My thoughts exactly. It was all Skyler's fault.

Skylar did literally one thing wrong.

She was justified in about 90% of her actions.

I take that back. 2 things.

If you defend Skyler then get the fuck off

Skylar is as much of a cunt as Walt is.

Yup, OP is right

Heisenberg became the villain for me the moment he shot Mike

he just became power hungry when he realized his cunt wife would never be happy

>A man who tried too hard to help his family and got caught up in such horrible shit yes but then again: he did all he did for love and not for himself

What about the ego trip he's in. Once he gets a little taste of power he can't stop getting high on it and trying to get more, through whatever means necessary.

Now, that's only human, but let's not say he's not at all responsible for the situation he gets himself in and the horrible shit he does throughout the show.

walt was okay for the first season, but then he became a sociopath and after this he went crazy.

if skyler would have kept her full time job, then everything would have been okay. always blame skyler

WALTER WHITE DID NOTHING WRONG

The only thing he did wrong was have Gail killed. That's it. The poisoning of the kid was Jesse's fault, for not killing Gus. The death of Mike was Mike's fault for being a dumb faggot. Hank's death was because of Hank's ego. Instead of allowing a man who was essentially family get away with drug trafficking, a man WHO WAS DONE I might add, Hank had to be an asshole.

Walt was surrounded by morons and assholes. His son was a dumb faggot, his wife was a cheater, his sister in law was a nagging cunt, Hank was an egomaniac, Gus was a sociopath, the gray matter people were smug traitors, Jesse was a pussy... of all the people in the show, Walt was one of the most honorable by far.