Be in a jazz appreciation lecture

>be in a jazz appreciation lecture
>talking about jazz fusion
>lecturer randomly asks if anyone in audience has listened to instrumental rock
>raise hand, not really thinking much about it
>apparently nobody the fuck else raised their hand because the lecturer looked right at me and asked me to name a few examples
>caught off guard and wanting to avoid awkward silence i name the first two bands that come to mind
>still a brief awkward pause
>namedrop GYBE and EITS
>too awkward to even name patrician instrumental rock
>blank stare from lecturer
>tfw an entire lecture hall of strangers know i'm autistic now and a smaller portion of them think i have shit taste

Sup Forums, give me some surefire ways to escape this hell?

Welcome to life user - you're generally going to be surrounded by turboplebs

Listen to better instrumental rock?

Godspeed! You Black Emperor is solid OP - what's your damage?

strip all articles of clothing and helicopter in place

works every time

Next time, enter the classroom blasting Faust's s/t from a boombox. Carry it over your shoulder.

I don't see what's the problem

>Godspeed! You Black Emperor is solid

jesus christ, this fucking board

lmfao i'd probably have done the same thing. i thought those bands were much more popular with normies these days

But there's singing on that album.

Go listen to some merzbow then, nerd

never underestimate that shallow knowledge of normies

t. contrarian hipster garbage.

What are some good instrumental rock albums/artists that are around today who aren't post-rock or shred metal?

>take history of electronic music class
>teacher plays stockhausen and some musique concrete sound collages
>frat bros behind me ask "dude wtf is this this isn't even music bro"
>"i took this class to learn how to make dubstep"

I hope that isn't a real story because I can just hear their voices in my head and it really pisses me off, but at the same time I feel kind of smug about it.

>teacher plays stockhausen and some musique concrete sound collages
cringe

You're old. People actually listened to dubstep because it was popular when you were in college. That was a thing when I was in middle school. If I took it however, most people would be like
>wtf is this shit I came her to learn how to make my own samples

>>> make my own samples

Russian Circles works or is it too much of a pleb band?
In a more Jazz-Fusion style there's Bozio Levin Stevens.
But then again, instrumental Rock means anything

it is
yeah

>take history of rock and roll class which focuses on '70s and '80s rock
>on krautrock
>hear a healthy amount of murmuring from a small group of bros behind me bemoaning the fact that they aren't going to get an A for listening to led zeppelin like they thought

>That was a thing when I was in middle school.
Underage, banned.

How did you get that picture of me?

they'd also always talk obnoxiously on the phone and be like "ayy yo Q what's up you tryna have a few breskis after practice dog? yeah Q you the boy" in the middle of class

ok class but filled with turboplebs

I would have thought better of you if I had been in this class than I do now. Really pretentious faggot, you're so above GYBE because it's entry level tier and not obscure enough for your "refined" taste.

No. I am 18

Dubstep has been out of the mainstream for about 5-6 years now.

People still play it in my dorm desu. Every day.

That's kind of a problem. Are they asocial weirdos like the stereotypical robot.

Reminder bangarang was released in 2011 it is 6 years old.

No they're actually the biggest "chads" in the dorm. We make fun of them for it but they still get more girls and drinks in their room than anyone else.

Sure it's not EDM? It's hard to believe normies still listen to dubstep.

went to a "party school", chads there love dubstep

then they go shit up Lollapalooza with their demand for more dubstep

stupid

>voluntarily taking music classes
>not being STEM

im cringing

>thinking anyone cares

im cringing

Are you in high school or college still?

don't buy into the STEM meme too hard desu

>implying i'm not graduating w a CS degree and worked hard enough that i have lots of free time for electives in my senior year
>sperging out about "muh stem" in 2017

im cringing

>being STEM
stop. switch why you can. i'm in a stem major. waste of time/money. i have a forensics concentration. should have gone for criminal justice. do business or something that's less of a meme and make money.

>CS
Meme degree
Talk to me if you're engineering

Me too

>not realizing there are faaaaar more STEM grads than STEM jobs

Reminder that STEM stands for STupid Entry-level Meme degree

>not majoring in intergalactic transmultigender identity interpretive dance

It's like I'm NOT on tumblr, practically Sup Forums. Those alt-right nazis, I once read that they have a board dedicated to music and one of its essential listenings has a song that's insensitive to schizoid people.

t. 2 months into CE

I'm a history major who doesn't want to teach
How fucked am I? 3.5 GPA

Not to mention it also supports RAPE CULTURE!!!

Mandingo no lube

what would be better material to play? Stockhausen and musique concrete in general are very historically relevant.

why is your GPA so low

like a 12 year old at an italian scientist's house

>business
>not a meme
haha wew

You did good kid, that's probably the least autistic answer you could give. I would have said Don Caballero and Dysrythmia.

You should study what you enjoy if you can, there's no point in forcing yourself to study to make money because you probably won't be successful in that field anyways if you don't enjoy it. Passion is what brings success

Those who know history are condemned to teach it

I am in stem, I'm just take electives also, are you fucking retarded?

>You should study what you enjoy
*cringes*
hello tumblr!

My passion is to sleep all day and sit in front of the computer all night.

>a versatile degree that leads to a well paying career
>a meme
sure kid

Hello dropout!

>not being well-versed in a variety of fields
lmao the world is a lot more interdisciplinary than you think

the only way to enjoy jazz is to run away from the jazz nerds, wtf is the point of a lesson about how to appreciate something that's fucking dumb.

He's enrolled in a liberal arts school

what? autistic jazz nerds don't do lib arts.

Yeah being well-versed is going to pay the bills. Your knowledge of 18th Century European gender politics will surely make the world better and put food on the table for your children.

Lib arts majors should just be abolished, or at the very least if you are taking out a federal loan you are not permitted to major in lib arts. Leave it to the trust fund kids or the retards who want to pay for their worthless piece of toilet paper they call a degree themselves.

>Yeah being well-versed is going to pay the bills.
t. unresourceful moron

Sounds about right.

Reminds me of this story:
>lecture from opera faculty member
>talks about how classical music has completely isolated audiences from the concert hall
>"I mean can any of you name 10 composers from the past century?"
>only me and a Theory faculty member raise our hands

The way I understand it is the bell curve. Most people are painfully average.

I am an engineering major. I'll be making 6 figures in 4 years. You'll be waiting tables at Denny's. But hey you can tell the customers about all the causes of the Russian Revolution good for you.

Nah, dubstep is still fratbro music

>muh median salary
>muh starbucks barista
>muh stem

lol

>But hey you can tell the customers about all the causes of the Russian Revolution good for you.

You'd think for an engineering major you wouldn't be so retarded.

>Not taking electives
Jesus Christ user

do you think federal loans don't get paid back or something?

also nice strawman. you learn about logical fallacies in an intro philosophy course, maybe you should look into it so you don't come off as a retard

so am I, you can put your dick away

Tell me what your major is bby
I will tell you what practical purpose it will serve.
Truth hurts don't it pussy?
My Brawny toilet paper is worth more to employers than your lib arts degree.

>"i took this class to learn how to make dubstep"
My sides

Stem graduate in industry reporting in to say the Russian Revolution is actually pretty interesting - reading a book on it now

not him but him

engineering physics, concentration in computational physics, minors in bioengineering and mathematics

my biggest regret is not taking more liberal arts classes while in college

It must be fun to be as stupid and delusional as you are.

Cool man. You can be interested in it but making it your MAJOR is pants on head retarded.
Well you have a worthwhile major.

My point is Lib arts classes can be offered for certain subjects but they should not be offered as majors especially to people taking out loans. Why? Because no one will hire you. They will use your degree to wipe their ass. You will be in debt forever and vote for communist retards like Bernie Sanders for president.

>I will tell you what practical purpose it will serve.
The point is a degree is what you make of it, and you keep ignoring that point because apparently getting an engineering degree doesn't prevent you from being an idiot who can't read.

fuck everyone

>Ph.D. in Math
>any job I want
>$300k starting

This guy gets it

t. lib arts major working at denny's minimum wage

Creative Writing? History? Sociology? African Studies? English? Journalism? Psychology (I know it's a """""science"""" but let's be real it's libarts-tier)? Which one are you?

The point of a degree is to get a job. You can go to college for the "experience" or "to broaden your perspectives" but nobody else gives a single fuck about that. You are wasting your money if that is what you are going to school for. That piece of paper is to tell employers you are qualified to do that job.

They see libarts, they see lazy piece of shit who spent 4 years drinking and smoking and reading the communist manifesto and thinking they're so deep and profound. But oh you're so worldly and cultured.

man i feel sorry for you

you might be "smart" with numbers but you're oh so dumb and ill informed about the world

dude I thought the same way you did my freshman and sophomore year, trust me; I think /sci/ was my most visited board.

It is much more fruitful to try to find the value in other areas of research/study instead of just shitting all over them. Otherwise you're just going to end up hating yourself when you ultimately realize all the business school Chads who drink and fuck daily are going to have more power and money than you probably will and everyone else has a feeling of fulfillment and happiness that ego can't replace

look im stem too but do u realize how autistic it is to brag about how much money youre going to be making in the future ur like the whitest rapper ever

being able to read and write well has more value than you think

I can't tell you the number of stem retards I've seen not be able to communicate

stupid Sup Forumsacks

WCC with Carlos Delgado?

post your top 10 albums kid or you are a pussy contrarian

What the fuck is this thread

>University
>college
O i am laffin' I love millennials.

insecure STEM queer is mad people are interested in different things and aren't obsessed solely with profit

Sup Forums and /sci/ have a decent amount of overlap

underrated post

You've never actually gone to university, have you? You're required to take surface-level electives from pretty much every field regardless of your major.

ill take a medium latte with a small side of fries

>american universities force you to take retarded classes

fixed that for you

True
Haha epic meme

Uh, I majored in math. Then I proceeded to not use the degree at any point because nobody gives a fuck what you major in for 90% of the population and now I make over $250K making sure people like you get their paperwork done on schedule. Good luck with your first year of college though, remember to set your alarm every day so you don't flunk out since mom isn't around to wake you up.