youtube.com/watch?v=o-xMkHgan0Y
laweekly.com/music/henry-rollins-fuck-suicide-5016770
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i wonder the background of that photo

>so we doing this or what?
>yeah uh scowl right into the camera?
>yes I want to look mean

He has many opinions

Good vocalist in 1980...now he's kind of sad, but he isn't a sellout so that was inevitable.

Also kind of a douche, like a lot of musicians like him he never grew out of being an angry punk

>angry punk

This is why I dont mind him being outspoken and what not. Just an angry old punk rocker. Personally i admire consistency

you admire stasis?

it just seems silly that some people don't experience growth and development.

I always got a gay vibe from that guy

Yeah I can dig that. But at the end of the day he's kind of a sad old man. I mean if you don't respect punk he's nothing but a sad old man.

It's depressing, but you just can't be punk after a certain age, the anger just doesn't fit you anymore and you're just bitter and small.
Also this, I could definitely see him being gay

I kinda sympathize with him but he's also pretty uninteresting and Black Flag is overrated as fuck.

He shot his boyfriend and blames niggers.

Best black flag vocalist (IMAO), he seems to act like a child on many occasions which could be due to his shitty upbringing, ether way a total cunt

i'm a big fan of Goldstein in terms of bf vocalists, but I do like Henry's current work

Good guy who got fucked over by life way too many times, but still made something out of himself. Pretty inspirational desu, even though he's a dick lmao but it's understandable when you get abused that much

Didn't he say some dumbshit about Robin Williams suicide.

Lame as fuck and generally someone that exaggerates their stories greatly.
youtube.com/watch?v=o-xMkHgan0Y
Also, this is a video of him trying to intimidate/outsmart a 15-year old, but instead just comes across as a total douche. But that's Rollins for you.

He's not a douchebag, what did he ever do?

I think he said something along the lines of not understanding how anyone could kill themselves if they had kids because of trauma and whatever. I didn't really think the article was that bad, but you know how the world is now that the Internet can collapse into an incoherent shitstorm at the slightest triggering these days.

His atitude. Hes developed his career to doing motivational talks writing and acting. Wouldnt call that stasis

Dislike him. A cheap sensationalist, clumsy and vulgar. A prophet, a claptrap journalist and a slapdash comedian. Some of his scenes are extraordinarily amusing. Nobody takes his reactionary journalism seriously.

He does journalism?

oh yeah

Used to look up to him in high school, I still like the guy and find some of his spoken word stuff funny.

I haven't read the article but I doubt it's that bad, when Kurt killed himself his comments about it seemed pretty understanding and non-judgmental. I doubt he'd 180° his views on that.

He's always had the attitude, but considering he hasn't done music in a long time cause he even said he didn't have it in him, has moved on to other pursuits and is a much more intuitive person as an adult than he was as a hardhead in Black Flag I'd say he's experienced a ton of growth and development.

He had a point in that entire interview. The kid was obviously a culture vulture.

For LA Weekly. He wrote an article about Robin Williams death. It sparked some controversy and made him look like a total dick. laweekly.com/music/henry-rollins-fuck-suicide-5016770

His radio show is awesome :)
Fugazi
Ty Segall
The Birthday Party
Gun Club and etc

I'm more of a Jello fan.

>Jello fan
>Calls Henry an edgelord
lmao

this guy is actually so painful to observe. artless, graceless, mindless, talentless. he was obviously that kind of annoying ADHD kid that got shat on by everyone.

Dude screams "closet case" to me. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Frank!

He's the only punk rock frontman who's more insufferable than Rollins and McKaye. Why is every punk icon so god damn lame?

That many due to pretentiousness and the fact that they've been labelled as counter-culture revolutionaries which has likely enlarged their egos.

Think about it, if you're 15 and made a band and that band got loads of people coming to shows and sold enough albums that you're able to eat decently, after two or three years of making music you stop only to go onto newer projects that get larger followings mainly due to how popular your last project was, then twenty years down the line your constantly named as "the greatest" or one of "the greatest" punk band or front-man of all-time.