What does Sup Forums have against this show so much?

What does Sup Forums have against this show so much?

I agree that The Sopranos and The Wire are superior, but it was still pretty cleverly written and did the whole tension and suspense thing well.

I have nothing against it. It started off with a bang, escalated season by season, and then ended terrifically while it was still ahead.

?
Sup Forums loves breaking bad, contrarians prove it

>I agree that The Sopranos and The Wire are superior

Apply yourself.

s1 is shit
no likeable characters
overhyped and overrated
no rewatch value

I think all tv shows that reach normies eventually lower in quality. It can be currently seen in GoT.

I think that seasons 1-4 were great and 4 should have been the ending. Season 5 overrated imo

Season 5 left a bad taste in my mouth that kind of tarnished the rest for me.

I marathoned the first episode of this show, it was mediocre. I don't know why it is so overrated by people.

>I marathoned the first episode of this show
what the fuck does that even mean?

>I marathoned the first episode

wow, slow down there mate

>I agree that The Sopranos and The Wire are superior

Shit is it opposite day already?

Break bad is the pinnacle of modern television. I've yet to watch anything that has topped it yet.

Come at me

>I'm a fucking idiot

Not sure why you would broadcast something like that user. Not something to be proud of.

it became popular

Sup Forums was completely obsessed with it while it was airing, but then it's popularity spiked around s4 which is when the contrarian backlash happened.

It didn't help that s5 was weaker than the rest.

Its very good just outside of my top 5 tv shows of all time.

House of cards 1st True Detective
>easy

When has this shit show spawned a thread discussing its artistic merits beyond 100 posts after its end?

Sopranos, Rome, Wire, Deadwood, Mad Men do it often.

I love how much of a summerfilter this meme is.

its just the cool autistic thing to hate on it

play along its fun

Because it was full of generic clichés and bad acting?

It was poorly done.

Even during the last season all you saw on Sup Forums was ebin maymays about the show and how "based" Walt was.

It's popular.

it got popular
there is nothing more despicable than things "normies" enjoy

It's popular.

Is this scene tribute kino?

>s5 was weaker than the rest
>Ozymandias is literally the best episode of any show in the history of telvesion

Never go full retard

>Ozymandias is literally the best episode of any show in the history of telvesion
Except you're wrong

>Said no one

Nobody's opinions don't count.

Being an autist who's only seen television made in the past decade is not a virtue. Three Men and Adena from Homicide and Conversations With Dead People from Buffy the Vampire Slayer are both infinitely better written episodes of television than Ozymandias. It was a pivotal moment in the story, sure, but that doesn't make it the best of all time, especially since it was the point of no return for them going with the stupid fucking Nazi plotline.

Because the finale sucked and most of the final season did.

>Buffy the Vampire Slayer

>I'm gonna park the machine gun car right in front of the building where everyone will stand in
>I'm gonna bank on them not searching my trunk even though I have used a literal human bomb to eliminate my enemies before
>I'm gonna place Walt's keys in a convenient place for him to reach for even though I made a big deal out of taking them
>I'm gonna delay Walt's execution because he called me a liar and I MUST DEFEND MY NAZI HONOR

Like lost its one of those shows that works when it's airing, and week to week there is discussion about what will happen next. It's helps the quality of this show does not lead to cliches, so there is always a why if possibility even if they spell out what will happen.

As for people here hating it, it's popular. That is all.

Most of the writing on the show was better than fucking season 5 of Breaking Bad, that's for damn sure.

Season 4 was mediocre, but season 5 was AWFUL. The contrivances were totally unlike anything I've seen in a supposed "prestige drama". The bald dad standing all menacingly near Walt while Jesse was on the phone. Jesse throwing all the money while driving around. But that was nothing compared to Walt confessing everything he did over the phone to Jesse like it was an episode of Scooby Doo.
>YOU THINK I DIDN'T NEED YOU TO KILL GUS?!
>I RAN OVER THOSE TWO GANGBANGERS TO SAVE YOU!
>I ALSO TRIED TO GIVE TUCO THAT RICIN, REMEMBER?!
>AND THAT TIME I KILLED KRAZY EIGHT WITH A BIKE LOCK!
>ARE YOU WRITING ALL THIS DOWN?!
>I CAN'T KEEP UP WITH ALL THE BAD STUFF I'VE DONE WHICH I'M BLATHERING OVER A PHONE FOR NO REASON WHATSOEVER

>and did the whole tension and suspense thing well

But the problem is, Vince begun to lean on that way too much in the last two meme seasons, it was literally one cheap cliffhanger after another. Also Bryan Cranston just annoys me so fucking much as a person, I really fucking hate his face.

like a nice through summer butter

>Buffy the Vampire Slayer>BB
>Being an autist

I mean, you're right. You're about as autistic as it comes.

>I'm a contrarian.

Ah, totally understand man. Come back when your out of your teenage years.

>BLAH BLAH BLAH CONTRARIAN CONTRARIAN CONTRARIAN BREAKING BAD IS GREAT SHUUUUUUUUUUUT UP
Yeah it was so epic when Gus was getting shot at by a sniper and he just walked out in the open with his arms thrown up like some kind of warrior! Fucking epic writing man! I also loved how Gus was literally never explained and made no sense from a writing perspective even though they teased revealing who exactly he was constantly. Yeah, so great! Awesome show, Vince!

Mate Sopranos has like 10 episodes that are better than Ozymandias. Not saying it is bad tho.

>ignoring the point entirely
Your reading comprehension is shit and so are you.

They don't have to reveal why people feared this man before he was Gus.

Thanks for admitting that the writers stopped giving a shit around season 4 when popularity was picking up steam.
>That flash forward
Fucking awful! Ruined the show, because they had to create these super evil Neo Nazis for no reason other than to give Walt cannon fodder in the final episode. They even admitted it was a bad idea. How could you like this shit?
>Well I think Walt goes from Mr. Chips to Scarface
Yeah because I remember Tony Montana gallantly saving his surrogate son at the end of the movie rather than just going out in a blaze of glory because "fuck it". Great show, Vince!

I don't think the last season was awful or even bad, but it felt like and I'm pretty sure I remember hearing that it was written by someone else. It seems pretty obvious too.

I think beyond the drug dealing framework of the show the real story was about two men that were deeply unhappy with the way their lives turned out and had essentially become father/son figures to each other that were more important than their actual families. This was also mirrored in other minor relationships and characters in the show. This emotional core of the show was pretty much ignored in the last season.

AMC shows have this problem where they seem far too concerned with adding in scenes for trailer fuel and leaving things le open for a movie rather than trying to make a great standalone story. I wont say they're the only ones who do this but they seem more guilty of it than most and it only seems more and more cancerous as their shows go on.

@72292767
>not liking shit writing makes people a contrarian
Gotta try better for that (You), Sup Forumseddit

You ever notice how the people who love to shout contrarian when you don't like sonething are never the ones to actually give reasons for anything?