Be a total joke when you first launch

>Be a total joke when you first launch
>No better the CBS sports tier

>ESPN, the unchallenged leader in sports coverage for decades, decides to fire a bunch of talent and go full SJW, you pick them up, and now you're actually competitive with the biggest sports news network

How could ESPN fuck up this badly? Nobody took FS1 seriously a year ago, and now their shows are talked about more on Sup Forums than ESPN, and ratings have showed a similar shift.

What a fucking blunder.

Other urls found in this thread:

247wallst.com/media/2016/11/01/espn-lost-over-half-a-million-subscribers-in-october/
youtube.com/watch?v=Ha6tFBz8PWI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

ESPN went full retard

plus arod, pete rose and frank thomas are as good as or better than the nba on tnt guys

fs1 is trash lmao

FOX will take over sports the same way they took over cable news.

>sports news network
FS1 didn't hire any news people, they hired professional trolls like Skip Bayless.

Trolling works.

yeah too bad no one cares about the mlb.

>but this world series
men baseball loses if the cubs win
by trolling? men thats still shit. men people are getting dumber

Not that this means alot to most Americans, but NBC are going to put up one hell of a fight for the Champions League coverage when Fox's bc rights expire.

It's already high on their agenda, thanks primarily to steady and impressive numbers for PL coverage across their network.

Not paying Skip was the stupidest thing that ESPN has ever done. That was really the straw the broke the camels back.

FS1 was already starting to build a decent lineup of shows, but once Skip went to FS1 that just turned the tide. Cowherd and Skip basically legitimized FS1.

when did you drop ESPN, Sup Forums?

>watching ESPN sunday nfl countdown
>emoji reaction segment
never again

m8 i havent watched sports in years

>lets see what twitter has to say about it

Yes, Skip Bayless and Colin Cowherd have established Fox Sports as a bastion of respected sports journalism.

> unironically using women to call college football games
> forcing soccer highlights into my life

this is a stupid idea. Networks should not go all in for paying for rights since there is clearly a decline in people paying for satelites.

The world passed them by. E!SPN is run by old white men who still think they are a cable television network who's exclusive content should only available on a CRT television in your living room. They spent millions on eSports when they should have used that money on a reliable streaming service. If they provided HD content as quickly and easily as Youtube, they would rule the world. Instead they will continue to pour money into radio duos and highlight shows.

could happen in the short term, but the writing is on the wall, a la carte media distribution is finally coming

Probably when they literally could not stop talking about Terrell Owens and the Cowboys. I stopped and never looked back.

it's ESPN. They are the shady "turns-what-should-be-local-news-into-national-news-for-no-reason-other-than-shock-value-and-fake-outrage-like-every-race-baiting-story-they-have-covered-for-ratings" of mainstream sports broadcasting.

People say they want respected journalism, but they really don't. People bitched about E!SPN for years but never actually changed the channel until FS1 started getting sexy hot take stuff.

Cowherd and Skip bring in ratings because they have no filter. That's what the people want.

seriously. most between between 18-35 is going to grow up poor in every developing country and it so easy for them to say fucking with paying tv.

*first world country

Thats what I meant

I just love FS1 for all of the race coverage they do for different series, way more than anyone else and especially ESPN.

fox's primary advantage against ESPN is that they have a lot less money tied up in long-term contracts.

I still watch the Lebiterrible show and ATH and PTI on occasion. If my flat mates didn't want cable I wouldn't bother paying for it at all though.

I like seeing Pete on that show. You can see how much he just loves talking the game and having some banter with other players.

>Early on in the playoffs they show what all of them did in the playoffs.
>Frank Thomas has some pretty poor numbers.
>Pete goes. "Oh i thought you were a hall of famer?"

I dont feel bad for him cause he brought it all on himself. But it really shows just how much of a baseball ambassador the game lost when he decided to gamble it all away.

And on the subject of ESPN and FS1. Its not that ESPN did fire all of them outside a couple like Simmons. But you see all those stories about the cable cutters and ESPN has suffered the most from the drop in cable subscribers. They have lost millions over the last few years. I think the other day i saw a story that ESPN has lost almost 700k subs over the last quarter or something? They are not firing them. They literally cant afford them all anymore.

You should be ashamed of yourself for watching either network.

I was fine having ESPN as my background noise channel until they just went balls deep in to racial injustice and general left politics shilling.

I watch sports to get away from that bullshit, not be lectured about how everything in the world is racist.

NBC has amazing premier league coverage. Every match is available on cable and online. Good commentators and analysis as well as informative specials. If they also pick up UCL they will definitely launch a HBO GO style service so people w/o cable subscriptions can access it.

247wallst.com/media/2016/11/01/espn-lost-over-half-a-million-subscribers-in-october/

no espn lost 630,000 last month

All of the streams I watch are of NBC or NBSCN matches.

Their team is not only highly watchable, but also clued up and relevant. To be quite honest with you, if I have the option of watching an NBC stream or a SkySports (UK) one, I 'll go with NBC each and every time.

I can't put my finger on it, but something about their coverage just floats my boat. Helps that Kyle Martino is a fucking fox.

Mid-2000's, about the time they did non-stop apehoop coverage. Never looked back.

Whoever runs FS1 is a fucking genius and basically build the station from the ground up perfectly.

>Buy the rights to a bunch of sports that ESPN doesn't cover like UFC and racing
>Pick up some obscure but talented commentary like Jay and Dan on the cheap
>Build up your core viewers
>Once your legs are on the ground, expand in to the big sports like college football, baseball, and NFL
>Swipe some of ESPN's guys that they don't want to pay
>Eventually become a legitimate sports network

This of course couldn't have happened without ESPN being retarded and thinking they were too big to challenge, but it's impressive nonetheless.

Yet I still don't subscribe to either one of these trash channels.

Cable is dead

>I feel left out

nice try shill. nobody watches either of these shit channels and if you watch sports talk shows kys

Speak for Yourself is a million times better than the Happy SJW Hour shows on ESPN.

I pay $14/month for direct TV with every sports package. It's barely worth it at that price.

>bruce jenner gets award
>whatever who cares
>dedicate non-stop coverage on all shows and platforms
it's like they wanted people to cord cut them

No, people want respected journalism. Failing in that, at least it should be entertaining.

ESPN hasn't been a respected source of journalism in 20 years, and now they aren't even entertaining.

Not at all. Streaming is not only incredibly easy, it's pretty damn reliable.

I watch any and every Sup Forumsort i want

Fox Sports lost any shred of credibility when they unironically hired Alexi Lalas to educate the American masses on the topic of football.

FS1 puts most of their their shows on YouTube as well bruh. You don't have to have a subscription to watch the shows.

fs1 is also shit

Fox doesn't carry any games we care about, though, so we never have to listen to Lalas. They only have the Bundesliga and the USNT, both of which get worse ratings than women's basketball. The Premier League, La Liga, and Liga MX are the only relevant soccer competitions here.

I dropped it a few years after pti and ath came around

Both him and Taylor Twellman are contractually obliged to no longer speak about the Premier League football through their twitter accounts. Can't tell you how I know.

>this is how desperate FOX has become

So who's going to be casting the World Cup? I hope it's not Joe Buck.

All you retards saying, "lol, I don't watch cable anymore, I just stream on YouTube for free" are gonna be in for a big fucking surprise once YouTube starts charging for their services.

Google has always been a smart fucking company. They have kept YouTube free but with ads intentionally to curb challenger streaming services like Vimeo from getting a foothold until television has completely moved to YouTube, and then they are gonna make people pay to watch.

I have stocks in Google and they have never let me down.

I could see Fox Sports going for La Liga soon, would be a good way to get the latino market.

>wnba

The problem isn't paying for content. It's paying for the content that I want, the way I want without stupid hoops to jump through.

No one cares that you own 3 shares of google, faggot.

You really don't know how good Pete is at working the crowd. During one of the commercial breaks in Chicago the crowd was taunting A-Rod who was doing his best to filter it out. Then the crowd decided to turn on Pete who let it go for a bit and then pulled a W towel, turn around toward the crowd and start waving it causing a complete change of tune, he then hands it over the A-Rod who waves it himself and suddenly they don't get taunted for the rest of the show.

It's the little things like that people will see as obvious, but don't happen otherwise.

People were still calling Frank Thomas Bo Jackson though.

as long as youtube doesn't bundle channels i'll gladly pay

ESPN couldn't afford to pay some of their guys because they tied up so many terrible and long contracts in to exclusive sports broadcasting contracts.

ESPN had such terrible foresight when it came to media moving to the Internet and streaming.

I know you plebs don't care about soccer, but a lot of Chicanos do and FOX has much much better coverage of soccer than ESPN

just shows they aren't putting all their eggs in one basket

Yeah the only fucking problem is fox sports live? They had it with jay and dan, then cancelled it. Now its some shtick one room show with jay and dan that might be on at 2 am? And they cut it from FS GO.

I was ready to dump sportscenter so why did they drop their highlight show?

skip and whitlock would have a good debate

the moderator in SFY is utter shit

the worst thing was that NBA tv deal
$2.6 billion per year!
man they fucked up, meanwhile FOX gets NASCAR for cheap which has the most loyal fans out there

Yeah, the moderator for SFY is lame as fuck, at least he's not annoying and lets Cowherd and Whitlock do most of the talking

Whitlock needs his own program, something he runs all by himself and without having to be PC it would be a hell of a show

I only watch ESPN for College Gameday, live games and I turn on Mike & Mike in the morning as I goto bed. Other than that I never tune in to watch something specific on the network.

fox already has too much shit on their plate, when would they find room to broadcast it? most la liga games happen during football in the fall and they have nascar obligations in the spring. They could do the very early game I guess, but they already do that with bundes.

Mike & Mike make me glad radio is a dying medium.

>most la liga games happen during football in the fall

La Liga games are saturday afternoons. And the idea is that they would drop the Bundesliga, because nobody cares about it. It's getting worse ratings than the WNBA, the only games that are getting any viewers at all are Leverkusen's (because of Chicharito).

Why are you upset? Their show is kinda meh on radio but for some reason I enjoy watching/hearing it on TV.

I like fox's hosts been watching them since they had epl. Lalas says some dumbshit but I'm almost 100% certain he does it ironically at this point

>one of the best times of the year, with basketball, baseball, college and NFL football, and hockey
>best thing ESPN can find to show during prime time is the World Series... of Poker.

don't they get champions league too?

>people want respected journalism.
I would write "HAHA" then copy and paste it twenty times, and attach a laughing reaction image, but that would just feel forced.

When all they did was talk about Lebron James 24/7

when I moved out of my parents house and didn't get a cable subscription

Nice shilling. The only reason shows are talked about more here is because you keep posting about them & bumping them when they're about to 404, and the people here responding to your threads are either too stupid to recognize it, or marketers as well. Please get the fuck out. Go find a real job.

A lot more people care about baseball than apehoop

CBS Sports and FS1 are both going full retard with MLS coverage

>forcing Mike Francesa to talk about MLS
>now he's leaving

How do networks make money from soccer? There are almost no commercials

ESPN is perfectly fine if you ignore Sportsnation and Sportscenter.

FS1 is flushing money down the toilet. Skip's show is still getting crushed by fucking Max Kellerman First Take. ESPN is in trouble, but at least they're taking steps to cut spending to right the ship.

>Buy ESPN
>Buy Marvel
>Buy Star Wars

>Destroy all 3

Nah Colin is still terrible. Baits with horrible idea and suggestions. Like ESPN, talks about NFL/NBA 90% of the time. Only talks about MLB,NHL,MLS,UFC,etc... if some controversial or big comes up.

CBS doesn't even have MLS

He does it to piss off the eurosnobs and it always works

But Fox has both college football and basketball on Saturday afternoon and both get much better ratings than any other soccer league other than Liga MX.

Palomino coveiro da ESPN

Your NT lost 7-1 at home.

>underdog complex

>thinking brazil is anything but a zika-ridden shithole full of niggers stealing cellphones

>underdog complex
Just go outside with brand new shoes and a flagship cellphone walking like an american dumbfuck and see what happens.

>implying these guys walk outside closed apartament blocks or malls

I used to not really care for Whitlock when he'd fill in for either Tony or Wilbon on PTI, but after he moved to FS1, I found out he's pretty awesome when he's allowed to spreak his mind.

ESPN would have never allowed him to say stuff like "Kapernick is a black Tebow".

Having niggers stealing cellphones is bad ANYWHERE. It could be in the core of a favela between body dumpsters: it's still bad.

But no, it's leaking. Everywhere.
youtube.com/watch?v=Ha6tFBz8PWI

Also your NT lost seven to one.

Of course ESPN wouldn't allow him say that, otherwise they'd have to fire him for being dumb as fuck.

Social unequality staminates it. The system creates the problem to sell the "solution".

>spouting facebook philosophy
Your NT lost seven (seven) to one, at home. Your country is shit, filled with cellphone-stealing niggers.

They have the radio rights to NYCFC in the New York area

>underdog complex

rebecca lowe

Having a dumb hot bitch with a retarded opinion on every subject who has never heard "no" in her life on every talk show. Completely destroys the chemistry on every set.

But those are their best shows...

HQ, ATH and PTI are the triad of must-watch sports TV shows, and they are literally mashed together.

HOLY SHIT YES

FUCK WSOP, IT'S NOT A SPORT

It's Rebecca Lowe. She banters at the most unsuspecting times and has top notch presentation skills.