I'm going to be watching Star Trek for the first time and from what i can gather i'll be watching it in this order

I'm going to be watching Star Trek for the first time and from what i can gather i'll be watching it in this order.

TOS
TAS
first 6 movies
TNG
7th movie
DS9
VOY
ENT
movies 11, 12 and 13

Here's my problem
I don't know where movies 8-10 fit in.
Can you help me Sup Forums?
Should i change anything in my watching order?

Other urls found in this thread:

thestartrekchronologyproject.blogspot.com/
theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/judaic-behaviorthemes-in-star-trek-enterprise/
youtube.com/watch?v=qc3H2cRYLcA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Bump for interest

TNG movies after DS9 and Voyager, although really just don't even bother.

First Contact was fun

why watch TNG movies after those?

Enterprise is great; definitely watch it after you at least watch TOS or TNG.

Because the TNG films were mostly released when those shows had already started anyway and the movies have some stuff from those shows.

bump

this

Skip TAS. It's garbage.

no cheese

some episodes were funny

thestartrekchronologyproject.blogspot.com/

Daily reminder that Enterprise was the very best Star Trek series ever produced.

theuglytruth.wordpress.com/2013/07/04/judaic-behaviorthemes-in-star-trek-enterprise/

You want to be Trek-Patrician, you watch:

TOS
TOS Movies 1-5
TNG Seasons 1-3
The cold open to DS9
TNG Seasons 4-5x7-8 (Unification Parts 1-2)
ST6: The Undiscovered Country
TNG Season 5x9 - Season 7
Generations
DS9 Seasons 1-5 (through episode 13, "For the Uniform)
First Contact
DS9 Season 5x14-7
Voyager Season 1-7
Insurrection, Nemesis
Enterprise (optional)

It gives you a somewhat similar experience to watching it as it aired, you get to see the TNG influences in the last TOS movie, a more complete and epic Borg invasion story.

Sure, you could try to watch it alternating TNG/DS9/Voyager based on air dates, but there's little immediate continuity to be gained by doing that.

Push TAS back to the end. Watch the rest of the TNG movies after DS9 & Voyager. Also if TOS isn't keeping you interested try skipping to Wrath of Khan. Still try TNG if you don't like Wrath of Khan. Also you might skip to season two or three for TNG if you skipped the others.
Also Enterprise gets better a couple seasons in.

There's not really a definitive watching order. Canonical order doesn't really matter for the most part. TOS is good, but also very 60's. TAS has its moments but is mostly ugly TOS for children. TNG is great, but shouldn't be judged on it's first two seasons.

Basically, as long as you watch TNG before DS9 you're all set.

The only reason to do the airdate thing would be the Maquis storyline. First introduced in TNG, expanded upon in DS9, then included in TNG again before becoming a significant part of both DS9 and VOY.

Yeah, kinda fruitless to do that. You get one scene where Chakotay gets a letter that ALL HIS FRIENDS ARE DEA-AD and based on Barclay's holo-program, Janeway didn't tell Starfleet HQ that the Maquis crew were given Starfleet uniforms.

It's kinda funny that they set up the Maquis just for Voyager, and then the Voyager writers did basically nothing with it. Meanwhile DS9 managed to create some excellent drama out of it.

Voyager even went meta with that. Tuvok went all Batman and created a holoprogram to train his security on what to do if Chakotay went rogue. He stopped working on it when he saw how well the crews were working together.

ignore this pleb.
I put off watching TAS because of posts like this. There is not a single bad episode of TAS. Especially so if you are a true fan of TOS.

TAS is just as good if not better than TOS.
Faggot.

Probably because it was the wrong show to 'set up the marquis' in. They were so far away from any of the events concerning the marquis that there was really nothing they could do with it once the two crews started working together. luckily the writers realized this and got the tensions out of the way fairly early on in the series.

Can you stop arguing about your neckbeard show and post more Jeri Ryan

youtube.com/watch?v=qc3H2cRYLcA

Do you *really* want this to turn into a Barack Obama thread?

Seven of Nine had fantastic udders.
I have nothing else to say, so I'll just mosey along now.