youtube.com/watch?v=bMR9N3wxs6Y
youtu.be/UJXqnYCWW7Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

OP is the worst faggot of all time

you too

more like worst "bland"

youtube.com/watch?v=3LR1mweAxsI
i'll just leave this here, make your own judgements
if you think of them as "the vertigo band" or something you're hilariously out of touch

They make good rock and roll... uh... music

>U2 is the greatest band of all time
ftfy

but Pearl Jam exists

>thread

t. average u2 hater

Sunday Bloody Sunday is pretty catchy

Name a better post-punk album than War

tip: you can't

Call me Bono... Bono Vox.

this is correct

OP listens to real music like Alt-J and Tame Impala

No, that's still Train.

What about Script of the Bridge?

HOW LONG

Contrarians will say they're good because Kendrick featured them but they're not. They're corporate pop shit and always have been.

this is perhaps the most incorrect thing ever posted.

but it is correct if you know nothing of the bands history and all you know of U2 is what southpark told you to think.

It's actually AC/DC

Posts like these reveal just how underage Sup Forums is

>you don't like shitty pop group so you must be underage

>it's CONTRARIAN to like one of the most popular and acclaimed groups of the past 40 years
Do you realize how clueless you sound?

Sit down, dumb bandwagoner.

>I only heard one U2 song from the last decade, they're a shitty pop band
kek definitely underage

behold the meaningless caterwallings of a shitty pop group. yeah...they had nothing to meaningful to say

youtube.com/watch?v=gK8aCgDFBZQ

Sorry retards, but U2 is objectively fucking trash.
Get lost and come back when you're 18.

>gay=insult
>2017
If you're going to use being gay as an insult at least use it creatively

What's wrong, Satan? Are you upset that I insulted you sexuality?
Maybe you would feel better if you go and get fuck in the ass while listening to the Joshua Tree, you fucking retarded faggot.

What's wrong mini-satan? Finally realizing that your middle school insults of calling someone a fag over and over again doesn't actually insult anyone?

>shitty pop group.
That's not pop, it's alt rock
>they had nothing to meaningful to say
But they're making a comment on society.

youtube.com/watch?v=okG8mlvAKT8
Yeah I do hear some similarities (wouldn't go far enough to call it rehashing), but regardless you can still be a 'shitty pop group' and make good tunes- which is what U2 ended up doing imo

You do know I was being sarcastic...right?

No, you gave no context clues for it

>never heard any U2 songs outside of Vertigo

>objectively fucking trash.
How so?

My mistake, I was being very sarcastic. i really enjoy U2 and have seen them live 5 times starting with the "ZOOTV Outside Broadcast Tour". Which was hands down the absolute best live performance I ever witnessed.

based u2 man

how you doing tonight? how are the wife and kids?

My man, one of my absolute favorite live albums

OK, fair enough. I'm obviously not the guy you were initially responding to. I'm not a big U2 fan at all, but they aren't a shitty pop band.
>dat passive aggressiveness

Wife is fine. Children (27 hardly a child) is fine.
Thank you for asking.

did you get tickets to the Joshua Tree tour? I got floor seats and I'm super stoked, first time seeing them

How old are you?

I wish. They did come to Nevada thsi Tour and Just didn't feel up to traveling to the Rose Bowl or Phoenix. I kind figure they will do a large tour to support "Songs of Experience" or extend the JT 30th Tour for more dates. 360 was the last time I saw them. They do a great live show.

Did not come to Nevada

>if you think of them as "the vertigo band"

YEAH YEAH YEAH YEAH

no further comment needed

>extend the JT 30th Tour for more dates
Hopefully this happens like what Bruce did with The River 30th anniversary tour.

>dismissing a band completely because of shitty hit single they had 30 years into their existence
wew lad

>hey look guys i'm retarded wow i bet you're really mad

But that song is fine.

There's literally nothing wrong with Vertigo

youtu.be/FG99OSol13g

For any of you that were to young or never got to experience ZOOTV then this video of ZOO was the closest to what I actually saw. The second act with "Mr M". wasn't created yet but the first part is spot on to what it was like to be in the audience.

youtube.com/watch?v=70VTqxv6Bpg

U2 is the greatest band of all time

tell that to my dad

>tfw you will never experience zootv

No, but they are one of the most overrated bands of all time, easily

underrated by the young. Probably rated pretty accurately by the over 30 demographic. They earned their moniker as Biggest band in the Word based on the multiple genres that their alternative music crossed over to and the strength of their live performances.

They suck bro

HAHAHAHAHA

>U2 is the worst band of all time
Thanks to south park

this

metal box

oh come on, pearl jam have like 3 good songs

No you faggot

popmart is cool, but not as cool as zootv
youtube.com/watch?v=bMR9N3wxs6Y

this

I thought it was a 00s pop punk song the first time i heard it though

Fuck u2

lmao you mad cuz they're styling on you
youtu.be/UJXqnYCWW7Y

>kendrick features 10 seconds of U2 on his newest album
>all of a sudden Sup Forums won't shut up about them

Of course. When an Artist that you respect gives credence to an artist or a group that summarily had dismissed based purely because it was "the" thing to do by your peers. You actually try to find out what said artist bases that credence on. You delve into the groups actual history rather then taking the negativity at face value. U2 had a brilliant early and mid career and the current generation is learning that for themselves for the first time.

>rapfags in charge of critically evaluating U2's 80s/90s work
Please dont

Not just rapfags. Sup Forums fags inn general. And frankly I'd hate to see any of U2's albums became Sup Forums core again and reduced to a meme.

>le epic south park meme

There's been work to repair the damage South Park did for a good while this year and it started well before DAMN's track list even came out. I don't think U2 should be Sup Forumscore but I think it's stupid to write them off because of South Park's revisionist meme.

My dad is from Dublin and once had a fight with Bono in a bar when they were both young. Fun fact for you all.

I don't believe you

Who won?

hey OP, i agree!

No. they are only overrated if you don't know their history

Bono is a fucking turd

fuck u

So do we all agree that U2 was one of the greatest musical acts, (still put on an amazing live show) and if they get out of this creative slump it will be good for the industry in general

>he couldn't go to Sarajevo

Gotta bump this thread. Keep the U2 shills alive

U2 is fucking garbage from top to bottom.

u2 have some great tracks.

U2 a shit

Songs of Innocence had some good songs on it, it just got shat on for the distribution gimmick. It's way better then their last two albums

>Songs of Innocence had some good songs on it
it doesn't. I was against the apple distribution, but as a fan I can help but want to punch Bono in the face. He was given a once in a lifetime chance that no other musician has ever had. To force people to listen to his new album, to put something out there that people would take U2 seriously again. But instead U2 puts out another shit album. Let's hope that songs of experience redeems them

It's too late for that. After POP they won't experiment anymore and they're now beyond the relevancy of being a greatest hits act no matter how hard they try.

They got nothing to lose. I also kinda like pop...

What's with the sudden spam of U2 threads/posts around here lately?

Newfags from reddit trying to force le epic contrarian meme because of kendrick

>band is called U2
>I'm not even in the band

Implying they would let a redditor in the band

>Implying mindlessly following a sentiment started by South Park isn't the most reddit thing ever
Who's the reall newfag here?

How the fuck does that work? Obviously underage are the ones who have barely listened to U2. Hating U2 is fashionable and musical virtue signalling to them but they actually barely know about them.

>implying le YEAH YEAH YEAH itunes download band has any credibility whatsoever