Ghostbusters 2016 bombs at box office

Ghostbusters 2016 bombs at box office
Cost to make movie $144 million
Earnings after a week $83 million

This isn't funny. You're just forcing Hollywood to spew out the same old shit. They tried something a little different this time and you plebs throw it back in their face like the ungrateful man children you are.

80 worldwide

They didn't try anything different. It's a remake/reboot. Different would be a totally original film.

Stupid manbearpigbabies, if it makes 80+ million in a week it'll only take a few more weeks to make back its development/advertising costs and then some!

>Something a little different
>A shitty poorly made reboot
Fuck off

80-83 million worldwide is awful when the film cost twice that to make.

THEY TRIED SOMETHING DIFFERENT.

Why are we constantly either, rebooting old movies and ruining them, war movies, apocalyptic war movies, Jewish contemporary comedy movies with fat stoner manchilds...

Are we just out of ideas? Do we need a ww3 so we can start over or what?

I seriously haven't enjoyed any new movies this year... Last movie I saw was deadpool, utter shit.

I still don't get who this film was aimed at. It's like Sony fucking hates money.

>They tried something different.
>A remake with a cast selected for populism.

Yeah. Good thing Hollywood executives are mostly volunteers who don't want at least as much of a return as they would get if they just spent that money on blue chips.

People talking about how shit the movie was

And I'm sitting here, waiting for r34 of the "GET OUT OF THE CITY" scene

I think they should make a sequel with a big momma cross over.

Nice try MRA
>Earnings in a week: $83 million
>Earnings in a month: $332 million
>Earnings in a year: $4 billion
This movie will be a roaring success. Keep crying though, just because you can't deal with the fact that women can be ghostbusters.

You're right. Except one detail.. Earnings in a year will be 500 trillion!

what a flop

>not understanding that the first week of a film typically makes 80% of all of it's revenue

>I still don't get who this film was aimed at. It's like Sony fucking hates money.

Feminists.
No really.

Twitter has made a bunch of morons louder than their numbers and Sony mistook this noise for a shekelstorm.

Uhh, no? People can still see movies after they've been released. Stay mad.

>$4bn in one year

>they tried something different
>movie is called Ghostbusters

>83M * 52 = 3.984B
Simple math. Stay mad.

>$4 billion
Flop, doesn't cover marketing costs

Hell we're not even thinking about how much money it will make when it will have been out for as long as the original movie.
Seriously this movie will make $127 BILLION DOLLARS. We won. Deal with it.

Lol
>not knowing how revenue for film studio works.
>thinks every dollar earned goes towards the studio.

It's unprecedented for a movie to make more money than its first week. First two weeks if they're titans like avatar or tfa.

Gb isnt doing that well. You know as well as I do that when a movie starts sputtering, theaters cut the amount of screens it's showing on, then remove it from the theater

IT IS SPECIFICALLY THE SAME OLD SHIT

Lol. They tried something different
>a reboot ofor existing films.......but with females.

When will the anime avatar shitposters get their film?

Earnings in 5 years.....10 trillion dollars.....my God. Sony will never have to make a film again.

>In 20 years Sony will buy Earth, the Moon and Mars

After 100 years, Sony will probably own the whole galaxy.
Then they will start releasing Ghostbusters (2016) on other planets and earn EVEN MORE

Just think of this, most people who have seen and reviewed the movie on its own merits have said it was just boring. The worst parts of the movie are literally all the parts that made it into the disastrous trailer, but aside from those this movie actually IS that inoffensive, safe, "oh it's that movie" movie. If they had just put someone else in charge of the second trailer, who knew what he was doing, they could have one that would have had people thinking it maybe wouldn't be as bad as the first one suggested. People would have seen it, because "what else is in theaters right now anyway? And how bad can a Ghostbusters movie be?" Yeah, this movie was never going to be a great movie but it could have been a safe cash cow exactly as it is. All they had to do was not actively antagonize anyone who didn't suck their dicks.

Anyone watch the most recent AVGN episode?

Shit was good

It was truly creative brilliance for Sony to come up with the idea of a slapped-together soulless remake of a classic from the 80's/90's banking on name recognition alone to sell tickets.

Costs for a movie are so idiotically high that studios can't take a chance

Counting for inflation the original Star Wars cost 40 million

Girlbusters cost 144 million

Paperboy? That one was great.
I love that he actually threw the paper at the window.

You really are damn moron.

WE DID IT GOOBEDDT GATE!
MENS RIGHTS WIN AGAIN!!

On a side note, I would totally fuck Leslie Jones and Melissa McCarthy.

Someone seriously posted this on FB today