Why are religious people so stupid /b?

Why are religious people so stupid /b?

we ask the same about atheists

We're all born atheist.

They're not stupid, just misinformed.

Tbh if you're anything but agnostic I question your intelligence and sanity. Debate me

So you're telling me "there might be a magic being in the sky" is more logical than fuck off, there is no magical being in the sky.

>we ask the same about atheists

"how can those athiests be so stupid not to believe that a book written 3000 years ago by a bunch of goat-farming priests holds the one true explanation to how the world was created, and how we should live our lives in this age of spaceflight, internet communication, modern medicine and scientific theory? It even says its true. therefore it must be true!"

yeah. clearly its the atheists who are a little short on brain cells....

> proof gods exists
> proof allah exits
when they are the same thing

not him, but i imagine what he's saying is we can not definitively know since it's impossible to prove or disprove the existence of god. claiming to know (and not just have faith but to have knowledge) is ridiculous and borderline insane, whether it's a theistic or atheistic claim.

Must take a lot of willpower to remain agnostic about flying teapots behind Jupiter. Giant Jujus on Neptune. At some point it takes more balls to simply dismiss rubbish claims than remaining open to them.

I like the way to fixate on the detail that "god" and "allah" are the same thing.

you know what "allah" means? "god". nothing more. its just their word for god.

But your fixating on that in an effort to undermine the image, while utterly blanking out Mr Tickle, and the entirey of the text about goat-farmers 3000 years ago having the explanation to the creation of the world, etc? That's an impressive level of selective reading

i look at believing in a higher being this way, i would rather follow a religion and find out there is no higher power, then not believing and finding out their is a higher power.

well, Russel's Teapot is more likely than any claim that that sad fucker who always shitposts the "why cant atheists define atheism?" crap with a picture from the Neverending Story isn't a complete mental case.

I'm saying that the idea of being absolutely 100% certain of how our existence came to be is ignorant af. I don't think that we exist as a result of any of the known religions but I do believe that their may be some form of higher power that may have created us. Something else I've though about is that we may be part of a simulation. We are so close to creating artificial intelligence, what's to say that some advanced species could of created us similar to undeveloped AI we see in games. Who knows how advanced other species' may be. This is all to say that it's left up to speculation which is what it means to be agnostic. Idk man humans are an extremely young race.. To act as if you definitely know what we are and why we exists just seems silly. To each their own though.

so, that leads to part two. you can be an atheistic or theistic agnostic. the important part is admitting that you don't (nor, most likely, can you ever) have proof for or against the existence of a deity.

some people are going to be atheists who admit they are willing to accept proof of a deity if it ever surfaced. and there are theists (who typically have a broad definition of god) who feel as if there is or might be a god, but admit they don't have solid evidence for it.

what it comes down to is if you claim something and can't prove it then you're an idiot, and if you believe you have proof when no one can observe it then you are insane

Not the poster you were responding to.

But,

As a literary device for the story pretty much all Abrahamic religions have the same "God" maybe a different name.

I am atheist that doesnt mean i dont think religion is somewhat important.

I think you've wrongly defined agnosticism lol. It doesn't mean you believe in some of the most retarded theories out there. It's just a way to look at life without acting like you know all the answers.

Some people believe in pure faith that there is a god and subscribe to the ideas expressed in the books because the religious communities surrounding them are compelling. I know, you only like facts and reason, but not everyone aspires to be a totally rationalizing robot. They like to think that existence, thoughts, and feelings are astronomically special and important. It's a comforting feeling

say all you want but muslim chicks are diiirty behind their hijabs man no matter how covered they are for "modesty" i saw this one malay chick with tight ass dress and ass like a goddess

>i look at believing in a higher being this way, i would rather follow a religion and find out there is no higher power, then not believing and finding out their is a higher power.

Which "higher power"?

by that I trust you sacrifice beating hearts to Huitzilopochtli every night to ensure that the dawn returns each following day?

You do worship Odin, by sacrificing yourself by hanging yourself on an ash tree for 7 days to gain wisdom, right?

You do expect to have your heart weighed by Anubis, the jackal god, and the result recorded by Ibis-headed Thoth?

and you of course follow the teachings of Ganesh, the elephant-headed god, don't you?

After all, they are all as likely as the god of a particular tribe in the middle east, and each of their teachings also says that they are the real gods, you know.

Same person ^

I'll tell you what I believe in and this isn't to say that it's wrong or right, these are just principles I've applied in my life. Judge me if you want idgaf.

I think that there is a higher power, just not in the form of any religions. I think that this "higher power" is a being of pure consciousness that created the universe as a "test" I guess?

Also... I'm a firm believer in karma. It seems like whenever I'm following a moral life (by my standards) that good things come back to me. It could all be in my head but I do strive to be a good person tbh.

Btw if you're wondering; a lot of these ideologies came from shroom trips.

if quantum is true, god both exists and does not exist at the same time. Humans and our constructs are the problem (time)

>trilogy
>Revenge of Mohammed
Why are you including the fanfic?

before religion is crafted there's a simple idea of there being some higher power. that's it. individual men have claimed to know a certain god, speak to him, etc. but they've merely indulged their own imaginations and crafted tales to elevate themselves in power above their fellow men.

you aren't going to get a satisfying answer. when someone says they believe in a higher power they aren't speaking about the characters in man made religious texts. they're talking about a gut feeling, a very vague notion, of something. literally some force, some power. you either feel it or you don't (and i don't think it matters at all either way).

There is no "which higher power" lol. At least not that we're aware of. A lot of religions were created as a result of people tripping on psychedelics (don't ask for a source I'm drunk and too lazy)

>fanfic
You mean the second tale when god suddenly shows up and reverses everything he had taught them and allowed moses to teach them?

Why are trump supports so stupid?

>tfw when you accept Mr. Tickle as your one true lord and saviour

Athiests are literally niggers who want to make religion their scapegoat rather than actually be atheists and not be edge lords who argue against religions in vain

cuck

can confirm people in this thread are niggers and are too delusional to stop this argument about subjective beliefs. Check 'em

Go let Jesus inside you.