Is 162 regular season games too many for this sport?

Is 162 regular season games too many for this sport?

I think they could cut it back to 150 or 140 and be chill. the fact that ballers only get 5 or 6 days off a month is nuts

I think to play 162 games and only have a 10 team playoff system is kind of small. Not to mention that 4 of those teams have to play a 1 game elimination game to pretty much enter the actual playoffs

Wild cards are trash made to enrich jewish owners. I liked it better when you had to win the division or cry like a bitch

No, and it's one of the reasons Baseball is a GOAT sport.

Baseball with 162 and NHL hockey with 82 (and KHL to some extent with 60) are some of the most fun games to watch in all of sports. The NFL has 16 and EPLel has 38, meaning there are more opportunities to go see the games in person and watch them.

>game everyday for 6 months
>is this too many?

really makes me think

outside of pitchers it's not like it's the most strenuous sport.

you sit on a bench for half the game, bat a few times, and the other half you're standing around in the field occasionally fielding the ball

The playoffs are fine. You don't to end up like the NBA where half the league makes it.

I just thin having 200 games a season kills instrest for casual fags. They should only play on weekends fucking checking your phone to see how your team is doing on a 9 AM day game on the east coast

>>>/nfl/

used to have to either win the entire NL or AL to make it to the post season

I know, and tbH I hate this NFL style one-game elimination shit, but $$$ is $$$.

You shouldn't have to be at or watch every single game to be considered a fan. I don't have a cell phone, so I don't really know what your talking about with the score checking, but every morning before I went to work I would check the NLC standings and the rest of the league. If a game was on the radio when I was going to work and the station was coming in clear, I would listen. When I was home and it was on TV, I would watch or try to watch while doing other tasks. I'll admit that I didn't make it to many ballgames this year (only four, two of which were a double header) but that mostly has to due with transportation and lodging.

Multiple game post season series are better for determining the better team.

I would cut it way down. No interleague play, 90 games. 60 games against the other four teams from within your division (15 each) and 30 against the remaining 10 teams in your league (3 each).

That would remove several hundreds of millions of dollars from the league in attendance revenue. The furthest you could take it would be going back to the 154 game season. I'm fine with cutting down interleague play though

Yeah, it's unrealistic. I just feel like the 162-game season is going to hurt the league in the long run. It's hard to get people to care about and individual game when there are more than 100 more, and it makes it tougher to get fans from areas that don't already have teams interested. Basketball has a similar problem with their regular season (which is only 82 games).

Remind me again why are interleague games bad.

I'm with you on this one

Seconded. Interleague is fun.

Any time I hear about a 162 game season I just imagine how much the players legs must hurt. All that plane travel plus all that standing around and a 162 game season just sounds like it must be really shitty on the knees and shins.

I dunno about you guys but I feel like I need to rest the next day if I'm on my feet that much. Even if most of it is just standing around waiting for shit to happen and I'm not really exerting that much energy.

>Basketball has a similar problem with their regular season (which is only 82 games)

desu I think with a little tweaking, the 66 game season they had in the lockout is a nice template for them to work of if they decide to make any changes in the future. Even as a huge bballfag, 82 games is a goddamn task to keep up with.

They could add a team per league, remove inter league and change the schedule to 150 games.

Not too many games but too long a season. Baseball has been on TV since fucking March if you count Spring Training. 8 full months of baseball pretty much every day. I like baseball but fuck does it get stale after being out for too long.

162 games is fine but lets do it in like 5 months. End the regular season in August, lets get some triple headers in. 10 games a week minimum. Oh and put pitchers on a pitch timer with minimal visits to mound.

Make baseball great again

You should only be allowed to use 1 pitcher/game too, relievers ruined the game

That's insane, the average career length of a starting pitcher would be about four months with that rule. Limiting the number of pitching changes per game is a good idea though. Maybe 5, with 3 more allowed if it goes to extra innings.

Nah, let's just make the balls lighter so they can go longer

Shorten it, make the series consistent length, and you win on series record not on games. Like in football, 3 points for a series win, 1 for a series draw, 0 for a series loss.

Matches can be tied as well, fuck the memers who think every game needs to have a winner.

Personally I think 2 per game and they have to pitch full innings would be cool. They can also come back after being relieved, so you could have the two pitchers just alternating innings.

You dont want another 1993 situation again where Giants won 103 games, the 2nd best record in all of Baseball, and not make the playoffs.

>162 games in 5 months
>there's only 150 days in 5 months

so you want teams to play 2 games in one day?

Yea and the commissioner said they were exploring shortening to 154

But first, pitch clocks