Ask a romanian pipe welder anything!

Ask a romanian pipe welder anything!
>pic related
Have some romanian rock wile you're at it!
youtube.com/watch?v=0y-bbtYaY_c

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/rVlhMGQgDkY
youtu.be/bqZWNn5qZ7U?t=1m44s
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'm not impressed with that weld. No wonder Romania is still a 3rd world country

what difference is there in welding romanian pipes compared to normal pipes?

you in romania!
small difference

Kekd

i've started tig welding about 8 months ago.

kek
no diff just average carbon-steel pipes

>'Merica Weld

Post your best weld?

That looks like a robo-vagoo

How much money per month?

i don't usually take pics of my welds.
here's a ss one , a colague took the pic it's from his fb, but i spent to much time on it . if you want quality you won't get 80" at the end of the day it's all a time challange
i don't know if i can do better than this, never tryed it do'

6euro/hour
220-240 hours per month
you do the math
minimin wage here is 280 euros

Respect user,great welds,I have an ac/dc200A tig machine but I'm not so good like you

don't melt the bevel edges when you are filling , leave something like 1-0.5mm , get 2 rods and lay them down when you do the cap , let it cool before , 130-170 amp's should melt it nicely depending on your hand speed, also stop it with the wire brush , it does not make a major diff when welding with higher amps and it's a time killer.Nice weld keep it up , use the lay wire tech. next time see how that goes.

youre awesome pal

castigi binisor , de unde esti?

*practice practice practice*
some youtube vids with tips and you have the basics after that it all depends on you ... 10h/day for 8 months and i got here... no coffe nor sodas .. at least 8 h of sleep .. try not to get mad and take half a rod with you everiwhere and play with it , be pacient you'll get there

buc

nu-i cere mai multe detalii ca ma doxx-eaza astia

people saying its shit ive been welding for 6 years and seen people welding 2 years not able to weld circles as fine as this. Nice work OP

thx
i belive that if you give it 100% you will get there in less time . i know a dude that started at about the same time with the same mig-mag,co2 background ... he kills me when it comes to tig , he probably figured it out faster ..idk

pretty weld cap, but you've probably fucked it all up with all that grinding in the HAZ.

had to grind it , pipe fitter is a old fag 50-60 something & he does not give a fuck , the bevel was not even close to 30* and had like 3-5mm diff within the outside diameter between the pipes.it passed the xray i don't give a fuck

What Is that? A trash TIG weave?

let's see your 6g welds fagoo

Swedish welder here, been doing car upgrades and repairs for 11 years. Here is my latest.
>rate me.

They have robots now that weld. Good luck on having a job in 10 years once they are able to make the robots less expensive and more portable. I'd go back to school now if I we're y'all

thickness of the material?
freehand never looks good and doignt it for so long you started the "i don't really give a fuck" phase. you could walked/wiggled the cup there and wire brush it to remove the scratch mark left behind by the cup. 8/10 you could do a 10/10 just jive a fuck more.kek

dear asshole,
this is not reddit.
kys

Yes because a tiny workshop in a town with less than 1200 people is gonna get a robot when having an employee is cheaper...
And I often do "house calls". Good luck bringing a robot over to some dude's house, get the robot to dismantle a car and doing the job before putting the car back together...

1.5 mm throughout. Made the entire exhaust in the same piping and thickness. 2.5" straight through until it hits the muffler. Not much in there either.
Load as fuck with some strange echo in it but hey customers make the rules..

you have a point buut , the robot get's 100% welds when the fitting is 100% correct , you can't hook up the robot on the field or in the rafinery like in the shop , it's a lot to discuss here . The robot can't improvise and does not run by itself. Just think about it.

Like I wrote above as well, shit's not gonna work for 99% of the jobs I do. I don't sit in some huge factory, got a tiny workshop and do a lot of jobs outside etc.
We welders will always be needed.

The fuck are you on about?

He's talking about reality.

i don't understand how he will do a 100-300km trip with that 2.5" .i had a 600 f4 and done a str8 2" exaust ... it was fun for short trips work-home 10-20 km but when i did a 200km one i wanted to leave it there and get a bus. customers rules , kek

op here
dear fag
this is /b = random
you probably prefer more fag/trap/fluffy/gay/maga/trump shit threds
why post here?

De unde esti frate? Ce te-aduce pe site?

why metals discolor when heated?

if you are not familiarised with field welding you don't even know half of it. you probably saw a tig mig smaw robot weld on yt ok .. it could take over .. but not in the next 20-30 years.A robot will weld as long as the fitting is 100% alighned and after some tests wich include travel/speed/amps/wire speed and they will have to change as the weld goes , at least on pipe , you don't have the same weld parameters like amps and wire speed if the pipe's in position, it takes a long ass time , and if you are 0.5 mm offset you can ruin the weld thus cutting it .. thus time loss...thus less money.Your question was my question after reading your post.

Well the Volvo kids as we call them here in Sweden (drives old rwd Volvo's like the 740) always drive their cars loud as fuck.
You can hear them coming across the town..
I prefer making more advanced systems, getting the right sound instead of the loudest.

Impurity

Oxide?

what impurity?
iron oxides r not blue or yellow

op here
probably has to do with the temperature variation on the surface and interaction with gas molecules in the air

Nothing is 100% pure. There are minerals and other metals which oxidize and cause coloration. Rarely diffraction will do it too.

romania kek
e duminica si ma plictisesc

very nice stack of dimes er rather stack of silver bars

there isnt that many impurities in the material. If there was, it wouldnt have the properties of the element

>Oxide?
>iron oxides
?

>what is steel

Looks like 0.001% could make that thin surface color.

The Swedish welder guy here, When steel heats up, its structure changes. As the surface of the heated steel meets the atmosphere, it reacts with the elements in the air and oxidizes. The colors that result depend on the makeup of the metal, the composition of the atmosphere, the temperature at which they meet, and the duration of time the metal is exposed at the elevated temperature. What’s happening is the metal is oxidizing extremely fast.

im not convinced

Iron and carbon

we have some like this in romania
but if the right policeman stops you "goodbye papers"
we all prefer something over the other ... again back to the customer's rules. trying to find the right sound with the right performance is a hard job and it takes a lot of time ... i probably don't have that patience , i envy you for that

which oxides of those elements r gold or blue?

Then go find 100% pure iron and burn it. Tell me when you find 100% pure iron though. Show it to me.

The dress you fucking idiot!

those elements r not homo and dont wear dresses
then go contaminate a sample so much, that anything u do to it will cause large artefacts every time

hehe I'm a perfectionist, I like getting a difficult job.
Last year I did a exhaust for a Opel Manta.
Experimented with different materials (stainless, Titanium etc) and thickness of materials. Even did different bends and chokepoints. Eventually me and the owner found a set-up that sounded real nice. Gave a nice, healthy rally like sound but still legally silent. Gave him a few extra hp as well compared to the broken original. Took 3 weeks.

Also a lot of these kids who wants a loud car fail to understand they won't pass the annual car inspection. They will get a fail and the car will be flagged until it's fixed.
Guess who they come to when they need it fixed? Me lol.. So while it hurts making those 2.2" even some 3" systems I kinda laugh inside because I know they will be back soon and need more work done. More money for me.

it's great that you're not pressured by time or how much you do at the end of the day ... you can experiment/improvise .
i have a logan mcv 1.6.16v what pipe should i go for the exaust ? i want it to be dead silent

Why do you still steal cooper ?

Why cant you work instead of stealing others people's renault 12 and dacia 1300?

kek ... i get it
i worked as a mechanic's helper for about 4 years... i helped the mechanic arround with some rally cars mounting/welding rollbars and tuneing the car.i had my fair share of "ricers" with 1.4 petrol engine who wanted more power out of it. we insisted that it is a bad investment and it's a bad ideea to jump from 8l/100km to 18 .. but hey ..again with the customers rules.First word of advice from the mechanic : if the customer want's you to drill his head lights , tell him it's a bad ideea.. drill them with a desighn and take the money for desighn the not the drilling.

french fag detected
before i write more .. how old are you ?

Not anything above 1.8" in diameter (not sure about Dacia's original size, might be smaller)
And two mufflers. One "half way" muffler in the middle of the system, they are usually called intermediate mufflers and one bigger one in the end of the system. Thicker material 2+mm in material for less "echo" is recommended but it's harder to weld.
As many bends in the system as possible without affecting the performance is also a good way of reducing sound.

Exactly. I once had a kid come in with his Volkswagen Polo fron '98. Original 75 hp. He wanted a turbo and everything. Said he needed 200 hp. In a shitty 1.4 liter or something..
That time we had to refuse him. Told him it was cheaper to buy a new car with more power.
He did. Bought an BMW M3. Came in 6 weeks later and wanted a 3" system straight through...
Completely ruined the beautiful sound of the original but hey his choice.

i think it's a 1.5"
should i go with the fexible joint ( idk the exact english term for it )
the original exhaust does not have it , i'm thinking than a 2+mm pipe is less flexible than the 0.5 mm that is mounted and i don't want it to stree the rubber dampers

Maybe you should try confirming it then.
Was pic related really so difficult?

Yes go with the flexible. Always have flexible joints when you work with 2+ mm.
If it is 0.5 mm now just the thickness with make it a lot more quiet.
And make sure you look over the mounts, the new system will be heavier, a lot heavier. You don't want the thing falling off going down the road ;)

Esti din bucuresti? Unde lucrezi?

Everybody can weld. Why do welders keep thinking they do some kind of super hard job that they are really proud of?
Fuck these kind of retards really need help and some schooling

Also will you change the manifold ?
I know a lot of factory cars have crappy made manifolds that "leak" sound a lot. It's not a easy weld to make a new one but worth it.
Also the pipe in the manifolds will be a thicker diameter across than the exhaust. Can create a horrible humming sound if the size differ too much. But it's just my perfectionist brain talking now lol.

How do you feel about the fact that Romanians are the first group to displace Jamaicans as the most arrested nationality in London?

Also why are so many of your women prostitutes?

>Esti din bucuresti?
da
>Unde lucrezi?
de ce ?

there are robots that can spam posts on the internet too, but here you are hacking away at your keyboard like a retard

you think that it's an impossibility in the future for robots to be smart enough and agile enough to walk, move and do tasks humans can do now just better, faster and cheaper.... you are deluding yourself, its coming.

the manifold is a must ...
i want an ss plate cnc'ed out to the dimension and at the holes half carved inside si i can fit the pipe inside the manifold like 2-3mm and weld from there

Its not just the welding aspect.
Most welders are fabricators.
Go get me a quote on a robot that can take car X when the customer drops it off and build a roll cage in it.

> future
Yeah in 500-1000 years maybe.. You are gonna need a robot with 100% human AI.
There is too much improvisation in this work for anything else. I highly doubt the human race is still around by then..

>which oxides of those elements r gold or blue?

all the same oxide - iron oxide, as its ferrous metal piping.

the different colour is from different thicknesses, and it is indicative of how hot the metal got.

here's steel that's been heated to different temperatures for knife-making - as it gets hotter, a film of iron oxide develops, which interferes with the light, absorbing certain wavelengths - hence, we see particular colours.

starts off going yellowish, then bronze, then a purple, then bright peacock blue, then a pale blue. after that if it gets hotter, it goes a ice-blue grey, and after that it starts to form a hard black scaly surface called fire-scale.

That's sounds like it will be great mate.

youtu.be/rVlhMGQgDkY

here is a robot coming to fuck your wife.

youtu.be/bqZWNn5qZ7U?t=1m44s

and here is a robot coming to fuck you

i don't really give a fuck .
thoes may be even gypos
a based romanian does not do shit like that , you are outnumbered by sandniggers ... i don't think that romanians represent the major problem in uk.
>how do you feel
if they are romanians i feel dissapointed , get them the harshest treatment in jail , if they are gypos ... execute them on site
>Also why are so many of your women prostitutes?
ever comed to tought .... money ?

thx for the advice swedbro
nothing above 1.8"
2+mm thickness
flexible joint
*mounts !
noted

Lol yeah that thing is gonna replace me tomorrow...
>kek
Get of your computer and go out do a welding job. When you come home covered in oil and with bruised knuckles from fighting a manifold covered in muck for 3 hours with run-down bolts and welded it by hand all while working in the rain then please come back and we can talk.
No robot is gonna do that in the near future.

OP here
if everybody can weld then post your welds

No problem, would do it for you if we lived closer together. Never worked on a Dacia before.

have you seen robots in factories welding, it's not an impossible task for them to do, couple that with advancements in robotics over the next 10 - 20 years, yes, i absolutely think it is going to replace you and sooner than you think. not 500 - 1000 years try 10 - 20.

How is Romania, recommend it for anons to travel around and sight see?

I want to go and have heard great things, super friendly people, and great food.....

Can u get by on only english?

why would a robot need to remove a manifold cover when it could cut it off with a torch, do what it needs to do then refix it itself in a way in which makes it easier for either itself or another robot to come along in the future and carry out other works to it. you think too narrowly or maybe i think too highly. we'll see soon enough....

The robots in factories need extremely advanced computers taking up entire rooms now.. They are completely human programmed, cost millions and don't move.
People like you have always been around. "oh you gonna get replaced by robo welder" guess what. Ain't gonna happen.
First of all no one would trust them where I live, second of all it's science fiction at the moment.

Cut off a manifold with a torch.. Next to gaslines and other flammable liquids...
>Found the guy who never touched a wrench in his life. Kek.

and modern day pc's used to fill entire rooms also, it didn't many years for it to condense to the size of the palm of your hand and slips in your pocket. people don't have to trust them, when it comes to cost, efficiency and human greed anything is possible.

>all manifolds have to be next to gas lines and other flammable liquids
spot the American.

Ok buddy. I like your enthusiasm.
>kek.