Beginner welder here, i work as a welder in Archeological site

Beginner welder here, i work as a welder in Archeological site.

what ways can i improve, any tips, info etc.

I weld mostly with 6010 electrodes, sometimes 6013.

i weld HEB beams most of the time.

I've used a soldering iron a few times on some electronics.

According to the moron in the other welding thread you should quit because robots gonna took yer job

MIG TIG or GTAW, OP?

Well there seems to be a fucking hole in the top one, might want to get that sorted.

Honestly just practice. I remember being so frustrated trying to figure out how to Tig aluminum, but the more you do it you start noticing things that that start to click.

Another helpful resource is welding tips and tricks channel on YouTube. That guy does a fantastic job of showing you proper techniques and settings and explaining why he does it that way.

But seriously just practice. You'll get better

But are they citizen or illegal immigrant robots?

>a fucking hole
I wouldn't stick *my* dick in there. You got a funny kink, user.

Turn up your heat. Watch the puddle, not the arc. Whip or circle your rod. Welds with 60xx electrodes should look like a flat line of coins.
Practice.

Tig is GTAW, dumb fuck

*overlapping coins

>beginner
>working

what the fuck? do they not have schools in your shitty country?

How do you become a welder without having taken welding in highscool (i think this is the anglo equivalent? age 13-18)

i started as a regular digger on the site and they took me under their protectorate and teach me to weld while i work, which is a great practice, dipshit.

Two stupid fucks that know nothing of welding weld with a 7018 on Dc at about 95 amps on 1/inch plate make sure the sides of the beads are level with the metal and the middle stands up little bit , Tig is the cleanest but hardest welding. when welding for the first couple times don't put any motion into it just drag the tip of the 7018 about 1/16 inch off the plate and if it blows through turn down the amps.

Hope you don't weld anything structural, unschooled dig nigger.

1: Don't be fucking terrible at your job

what kind of fucking cack-handed archaeological dig have they got goddamn welders working on-site?

what does it matter faggot? if you have nothing to contribute to my thread then gtfo

Suck a rocky mountain goat's dick.

op from the other thread here

>top fucking kek !!!!!!!!

I meant SMAW, you abrasive fuck.

Suck a jack rabbit's ass.

G and T are a long fucking ways away from S and M on the keyboard.

Keep your eyes on the puddle, watch ur toe line, stick out should roughly be the diameter of the rod your using, whip and pause motion, after each weld clean slag so you don't get contamination in ur welds, also if ur outdoors have something to block the wind from you weld if your stick welding flux acts like a shielding gas. knock out the shielding gas u got porosity. Also when there's slag you always drag

Not possible, Trump is going to make menial labor great again!

What size electrode do you use on 2 to 3 mm thick metal beams ?

>asking how to do your job on 4chins
>not reading a book
kys

I worked in a glass factory when I was 15/16 (work experience) and shit, my welds were better lmao.

The guys told me practise makes perfect- they also let me write my name in weld when I got good. That helps
>weld straight lines, find the speed etc
>weld straight lines on curved metal
>weld curves and bends
then
>weld your name and/or a benis :-D

In that order.

Holy shit you're welds are the shittiest I've seen

Extra medium

He specifically said that he is welding with 60xx electrodes. Any stupid nigger can weld with 7018. If your machine is set up properly you just lay the rod down and it falls in.

Don't listen to the haters, best way to learn is to work. I've been in school for 4 years and havent learned shit compared to what I did few weeks on a workplace.

Extraedium is that a size at all lol

ask this dude

OP, ignore this fucknut. He is a plebe that has nothing to offer of any importance.
Probably doesn't even know what 6010 smells like when welding.
I will give you a hint.
Burnt popcorn.

Good solid advice.